Marshall County vs. Lipscomb

dlhs3551

I don't expect the mercy rule to come into play this time. However, I don't see MC having enough defense to slow DL down either. If Marshall Co. uses Hightower more on offense, they have a chance at playing keep away. I think that is what you have to do with David Lipscomb. Run the ball right at them. Their defensive line is not huge and neither are their LBs. However, the D-line and LBs run well. Pounding the ball at them for 3yds and a cloud of dust also keeps the Mustang offense off the field, which is the best way to defend Jeremy Holt and the boys.

I think a team later on in the playoffs (Dyer Co. or Dyersburg or Catholic) will be able to execute this strategy to put the Mustangs to the test. I am just not sure if the Tigers have enough players to execute this type of gameplan.

Trap-TD

Slant-TD

Trap-TD

Buck-TD

Slant-TD

ISO-TD

Mercy rule by end of third quarter

Sorry-that's just the way it is

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unless Mac McCurry is coaching the Tigers tonight /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Mac's team is having another great year. His Ripley Tigers are now 11-0 and are the number 1 ranked 3A team in North Mississippi. They play in round 2 tonight.

Mac is a very good coach, but Marshall County has a very good coach again so don't go thinking they miss him.

All I am saying is that Mac was the last coach at MCHS to run the trap and buck sweep because he coached THE WING-T if memory serves me correctly.

IT'S LATE IN THE YEAR BUT MY GOODNESS I WISH SOME PEOPLE WOULD STOP IMPLYING & START PAYING CLOSER ATTENTION TO THE POSTS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BC,

My comment was for the guy that was quick to point our Mac's record in Mississippi...not for you.

Good effort by the Tigers tonight...much better game than the first time. The David Lipscomb uncharacteristic fumbles gave the Tigers a few more opportunities. Unfortunatley, we could not capatilize on all of those opportunities.

Congrats to the Seniors on finishing your high school careers on a strong note!

Although MC loses a lot of talented skill players, I still think they will be a force for the next few years in the region. Several talented freshmen played this year. That along with the improved coaching this year should make the Tigers a 3A power again!

BC,

My comment was for the guy that was quick to point our Mac's record in Mississippi...not for you.

Good effort by the Tigers tonight...much better game than the first time. The David Lipscomb uncharacteristic fumbles gave the Tigers a few more opportunities. Unfortunatley, we could not capatilize on all of those opportunities.

Congrats to the Seniors on finishing your high school careers on a strong note!

Although MC loses a lot of talented skill players, I still think they will be a force for the next few years in the region. Several talented freshmen played this year. That along with the improved coaching this year should make the Tigers a 3A power again!

the rookies deffenatly stepped it up this year, but to add on to that, we also return plenty of starters. we return 8 on the offensive side of the ball, but only 4 on the deffensive side, but our team will be just fine considering who the starters returning are IMHO

Great Game from both teams -- had to listen on internet from out of town and I hate that.

Marshall County played with respect in a very tough situation and came up short. Guys - hold your heads high, MC is very proud of what you did this year and you have nothing to feel bad about.

Our prayer is that in the 09 realignment Privates will be where they belong -- in Division I or II and powerhouse teams such as Lipscomb will be playing where they belong.

Great Game from both teams -- had to listen on internet from out of town and I hate that.

Marshall County played with respect in a very tough situation and came up short. Guys - hold your heads high, MC is very proud of what you did this year and you have nothing to feel bad about.

Our prayer is that in the 09 realignment Privates will be where they belong -- in Division I or II and powerhouse teams such as Lipscomb will be playing where they belong.

How about u quite crying. Yall lost. Get over it. Stop makin excuses just because Lipscomb has developed a dominant program over the last 10 to 15 years and yall havent.

Congrats to David Lipscomb on the win. Early on when it was 22-0 this viewer would have thought for certain that the game was headed for another "Mustang Blowout". Marshall Co. came to play though and got a score right before the half to make it a 22-7 game. It was later a 22-14 game after MC turned a fumble into gold when O'Neal ran the ball into the endzone for six. After this DL drove it down the field and then suddenly they seemed destined for a disaster yet again when Rogers was tackled for a seven yard loss on the rocket sweep. Kyle Lehning came on a drilled a 35 yard FG to make it 25-14 and that stopped the Marshall Co. rally. On the next series the Tigers went backwards and David Lipscomb put the dagger into the chest of the Tigers on their next offensive series as Moneypenny took it in for his second score of the night.

David Lipscomb wins and they'll host Bolivar Central in the quarterfinals of the playoffs.

Marshall Co. had a GREAT SEASON in year number one of Coach Thomas & Co. and the Tigers should be commended for their effort. Good Luck to those seniors in their futures because they endured a lot on the gridiron throughout their high school playing days. I'm glad to see that they got to play meaningful playoff football games before their careers came to a close. Hightower, Greer, Walker, Jones, & O'Neal are good players that I'll miss watching play in this region.