DivII AA Top Heavy In Mid/East

EHSParent

A little early to get going on this but . . . if TSSAA does the qualifying for state track the same way they have in other sports for DIV II AA, we will have the top 6 teams in the State all in the same region (Middlle/East). Girls Prep. School, Brentwood Academy, Baylor, Harpeth Hall, Webb, and Ensworth. In years past, with East, Middle and West Regions . . . for most events the top two qualifiers from each region made it to State, plus the next two best times, throws, jumps, whatever. For a total of 8 State Qualifiers.

How will it work this year, I wonder, when one region is so absolutley loaded. Or am I wrong that Mid/East will be treated like one region?

A little early to get going on this but . . . if TSSAA does the qualifying for state track the same way they have in other sports for DIV II AA, we will have the top 6 teams in the State all in the same region (Middlle/East). Girls Prep. School, Brentwood Academy, Baylor, Harpeth Hall, Webb, and Ensworth. In years past, with East, Middle and West Regions . . . for most events the top two qualifiers from each region made it to State, plus the next two best times, throws, jumps, whatever. For a total of 8 State Qualifiers.

How will it work this year, I wonder, when one region is so absolutley loaded. Or am I wrong that Mid/East will be treated like one region?

That's a good question. My guess would be that it won't change much from the way it was done in the past, with a split between three regions. There is no size classification in DII, so all the schools compete together. T&F is at least as much about individuals as it is teams, and it's individuals who qualify for state, not teams per se.