D1 state tourney

Guest Planecrash

I must say his timing is impeccable as well. Doesn't he live in Chattanooga? I noticed he started in midfield. Although he would have had to travel 200+ miles roundtrip, I hope he at least attended a couple of practices before bumping off an established starter. Will the impact roster any excellent division 1 player who resides in TN?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he committed to a lot of travel time to play on our team and he attended every practice Impact had between the end of High School and the State tournament- as did every other player on the team except for illness, injury or school conflicts. Impact players from Johnson City actually travel greater distances than he does from north of Chattanooga to practice in West Knoxville. With respect to "starters", the coach expects everyone on the roster to be capable of and ready to start and our lineup changes significantly from game to game depending on the circumstances - opponents, field conditions, injuries, rest between games, etc. The Impact rosters 18 talented players who have committed to practice and play with the team while working hard in school to keep their grades up. Obviously, not every excellent D1 player in the state would qualify for our team or even have an interest in playing with us. There are a lot of other strong D1 U-16 teams in Tennessee (for example, PSA won most of their games easily at States with 3-0, 3-1 and 5-0 type scores) and most players would prefer the comfort of playing closer to home. Impact certainly isn't the team for everyone. Finally, even though some tremendously qualified players tried out for Impact '86 this past week- some came from considerable distances from Knoxville- no changes were made to our roster for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

hey irish i was just wondering what high school team you play for and i know a bunch of guys on tnfc 86 and they are a solid side. And i heard that ya'll were very good too from a bunch of my friends on Cobra 86. so congrast on winning state. also if and 85 teams are looking for a quality keeper I'm looking to tryout for a side in middle Tn. just leave me a message on here and I'll get back to ya.

I think that Irish17 gave people the wrong idea. It is true that they outshot us(not as bad a Irish17 said though), but they surprisingly did not get that many quality shots. Most were from outside the box. There goal came on a horrible goalie error. Our goalie dropped the ball on an easy shot right to one of their players about 3 yards away from the goal. In the semis TNFC were beating us pretty bad for the first ten minutes, then they scored and we woke up. From then until the last ten minutes we dominated the game. In the last ten minutes we bunkered in while they pushed everyone forward. Overall, I think PSA had a very good showing considering that in the two weeks before state we lost our two central midfielders and probably our two best players (One to injury and one joined the Impact team). PSA dominated every game they played, except for the championship against Diadora, where we clearly were beaten by a superior team.

• 2 weeks later...

psa4 my bad. I must have been a little pumped up. Actually we did have a lot more shots but you are right only about a third were quality. Psa was a very good team and I knew that Hose wasnt there what happened to him cuz he is a good player. Anyways I bet you summary of ur game with tnfc is correct because I've always thought yall were a better team than them. tnfc dont look straight to us next year cuz PSA Fury and others are always out there and can beat yall as well. EVERYONE good luck in highschool and upcoming soccer seasons. I'll be seeing ya