Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

Happy Thanksgiving to all the guys and gals from Region 1 and Region 2 and you too Panthers08

Right back at ya noonesfool. In fact Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. On a side note, I just looked at the weather prognostication for Friday and everyone better be ready to bundle up. Also someone recommended Under Armor last week instead of long johns. I want to say thank you, the UA kept me very toasty last week! I do have a problem with it however, for some reason it doesn't look the same way on me as it does the mannequin. Go figure! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take Maryville out of the equation then Powell wins state in 03 behind Mr. Football runner up Derek Milligan (if you know football you can't question that Powell was the second best team in the state that year...like I said they had Maryville down 21-0 at one point. 04 was rough for this region and that Mo West team was pretty darn good that year you won't get an argument out of me there. In 05 Powell and Central were as good as anyone in the state. I mentioned what happened in the Powell Maryville playoff game that year and Central played them exceptionally well too. In 06 I think that Central would have made the state championship game only to be beaten by an incrediby impressive Memphis Melrose team. So how many teams have won a title in the past few years: none. If you take Maryville out of the equation then it would be at least 1 possibly 3 since 03. Now I understand that 3 in 5 years isn't Maryville like but it's still dominant. The only reason that some of those Powell and Central teams didn't win state is because of Maryville, you can't say the same about teams from upper east TN no matter how much you would like to. And if you want to delve into the past Halls has won a title. I'm pretty sure Clinton has won a state title. There have been other teams from our region win state. I'm not being a smart alleck when I ask this, I just really don't know the answer. How many NET teams have won a state title?

Lots of good stuff here in this post. I mean this is a really well put together argument. First of all your right, DB has been impressive....I won't try to attack that schools tradition because as far as I know they never backed down from anyone and always competed on a state level to some degree although at the end of the day all that matters is the trophy case (which is exactly why Powell and Central don't get any credit in Knoxville.) So I don't doubt that DB has been impressive, I just feel like since 2003, overall the knoxville area has been more impressive then the upper east tennessee area. And I suppose your right about my wording, but I do stick by my guns that everything I heard about Curt was that he was an absolutely amazing athlete with a rocket arm and I didn't see that. I saw an impressive leader with a lot of heart and a desire to carry his football team (which can take you a long way.) I did not see 4.55 speed or an overly strong arm although he did make smart decisions with the football...and thats something that you cannot teach. I'll say it again, I hope he goes to Wisconsin and sets the world on fire...I'm not here to bash an 18 year old kid and say that hes terrible or anything like that. I was simply giving my opinion of what I saw against Mo West. If what you are saying is true about the recruiting services, then maybe I am wrong about Curt. As I said, I'm basing my whole opinion of him on one game. And I can buy you sneaky fast explanation for now...but if they get to Maryville (or Red Bank would be an even better barometer of speed) we'll see if he's still running away from people.

I don't have a clue what you just said about fiction or whatever. Of course every D1 QB reads on plays he supposed to read on. Every one A junior varsity starter reads when the play calls for it. If the coach calls a give then he darn sure better give it. Not much of a read there. My question may have been a little beyond your comprehension of football. See out of the new-age spread offense teams run a play called a "read-option" which means that typically the line zone blocks (that means they don't have a man they block an area) and the QB reads the back side (that means the side away from where the running back is going) C-gap player. He'll either read the back side end or a backer coming outside, what I'm trying to say is in a true gun read option the QB is taught to read an area more then a man against most HS defenses. The QB makes the decision to give the ball to the RB or pull the ball and take it out the back side. So my question is, and hopefully 83SouthRebel can shine some light on this for me since he's the only one who seems to be well informed, on the plays in the gun when Curt sticks the ball into Fletcher's gut and then carries out a fake running it out the back side...are those plays reads or are they called gives. I never saw Curt pull it on these plays against Mo West....now I'm thinking maybe that was just because of the way that Mo West was playing, but I can't be sure without watching a film or getting some insider information.

You said:

"The only reason that some of those Powell and Central teams didn't win state is because of Maryville, you can't say the same about teams from upper east TN no matter how much you would like to."

Powell would have won 4A in 2003 if not for Maryville huh? And no Upper East TN team can say that right? Well DB made the semis in 98,00, & 02. In 98 we lost to Oakland in the semis, they won state. In 2000 we lost to #7 in the nation at (or about there) to Red Bank by one score (Gerald Riggs team). Funny thing about that game; all other Chattanooga area playoff games were called until Saturday due to a monsoon, not our game becasue Red Bank knew DB was quicker and better and that Riggs could pound out a win in literally inches of standing water. This was some bull crap but DB goes on, Red Bank then destroys Riverdale in a blowout. Then, 2002 Semis DB at Riverdale. DB gains more yard rushing and passing. DB dominates in all areas of the game but turnovers (there were about 5 interceptions and 1 or 2 fumbles) a total of 6 or 7 turnovers by by DB. DB still had the lead. The killer for DB was (despite the horrible play by DB) Riverdale punted, the ball landed on about DB's 25, DB's player downed it but his knee never touched the ground. An alert Riverdale player noticed this and as DB's return team walked off the field, he picked up the ball and pranced into the endzone and nobody from DB noticed as they were walking off. The TD stood. It was a big punch in the stomach to DB pkayer, coaches, and fans. Now those 3 DB teams destroyed all Knoxville area teams and even Maryville in the annual scrimmage DB always has against the Rebs. DB has not been the same caliber since 2002, but it is coming around again. Talent is building back up. Remember, DB has Knoxville in their region, region 2 has both Knoxville and Chattanooga teams. When DB is on top of their game as in 98,2000, 2002 Knoxville teams were not even a factor. Middle Tennessee has dominated over the years in 5A. This year though, since Riverdale is out, I think Bearden and Farragut have the odds in their favor. Not that I don't respecet Knoxville teams (and in 4A Knox teams dominate) but in 5A; though maybe not the past 3 or so years, DB owned Knoxville.

Regardless of the Knoxville vs Tri Cities debate; South wins with ease over the Devils. How South does against Maryville? I don't know. But I will tell you that Curt is the real deal and in a bigger market (ever Knoxville) he would get much more attention. I see all these local games in Nashville and the media hypes players up, but compared to Curt, he IS the best 4A player in the state no question.

I say South BIG in this one!! South (and Curt) has something to prove. I have a STRONG feeling that after this game there will BE NO DOUBT as to who the better team is even though they will split wins. how about that quote there cap. Need i say more

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> NO...PLEASE don't say anything else /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you are killing me /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> !!!!!! I can't believe Greeneville posters freely let you be the voice of their school. What a Clown!!!

If someone knows Kev-o and has good reason why I should let this little spat go (like maybe he's slow or something) speak now because I don't know him (or her)and would hate to be known for picking the handicapped. I'm serious...because I can't think of any other reason why Greeneville would let you start so many fires!! If you haven't noticed, the 5 Rivers boys haven't been standing in line to jump behinde the Greendevils!!! I give you one guess why they're not...yep...that's right....U big boy. That's right Y O U Kev-o have single handedly mad Greeneville public enamey #1 on these boards!! Congradulations. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> NO...PLEASE don't say anything else /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you are killing me /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> !!!!!! I can't believe Greeneville posters freely let you be the voice of their school. What a Clown!!!

If someone knows Kev-o and has good reason why I should let this little spat go (like maybe he's slow or something) speak now because I don't know him (or her)and would hate to be known for picking the handicapped. I'm serious...because I can't think of any other reason why Greeneville would let you start so many fires!! If you haven't noticed, the 5 Rivers boys haven't been standing in line to jump behinde the Greendevils!!! I give you one guess why they're not...yep...that's right....U big boy. That's right Y O U Kev-o have single handedly mad Greeneville public enamey #1 on these boards!! Congradulations. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haha i dont know why no one is standing up against you. I dont know if its cuz they dont have the balls to or they just dont care what comes out of your mouth. I dont need anyone to stand up for me or what i say, an go on say what you want Im a big boy its not the first time i have been bad mouthed an Im sure it not going to be the last. Go on an question my intelligence an what not, i dont care. Now you can keep hating on Greeneville like a little baby or you can sit behind your computer screen an trash a 19 year old for being a fan. so go on give me your best shot let me have it cuz no matter what, your are going to look like the bad guy here to the people that know me, an trust me a lot of people that get on here know me. lets hear it.

Haha i dont know why no one is standing up against you. I dont know if its cuz they dont have the balls to or they just dont care what comes out of your mouth. I dont need anyone to stand up for me or what i say, an go on say what you want Im a big boy its not the first time i have been bad mouthed an Im sure it not going to be the last. Go on an question my intelligence an what not, i dont care. Now you can keep hating on Greeneville like a little baby or you can sit behind your computer screen an trash a 19 year old for being a fan. so go on give me your best shot let me have it cuz no matter what, your are going to look like the bad guy here to the people that know me, an trust me a lot of people that get on here know me. lets hear it.

i know ya man...lol...he doesnt know wat hes gettn his self into does he...???.../roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />...

i know ya man...lol...he doesnt know wat hes gettn his self into does he...???.../roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />...

nope lol there was a funny part in his post, ya know what im talking about lol

nope lol there was a funny part in his post, ya know what im talking about lol

Kev-o when you post on a public board and take the abrasive stance in your posts the way you do you make yourself fare game. Like I said, I don't know you but I can honestly say that I don't have anything personal against you nor do I take (or at least I do my best not to take) anything you say personal. But if you think that whatever it is that you have dealt with, or are dealing with gives you a free pass to be a belligerent moron to everyone...you got a painful road ahead of you with me (break the violins out if you want to). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I have a weakness in that I tend to treat you (and your team) exactly how I perceive you to treat me (and my team). You can disagree but yet still treat me (and my team) with respect (Campusat and I do it, Barb and I do it, Bud and I do it, and the list goes on). But as long as you continue this torrent of insults to me and everybody else...expect it back. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />