Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

i wish there was a way for both teams to lose this one. greeneville has done something this year that suprised us all. greenway finally stayed out of trouble and showed what he can do if he finishes a season seeing as how he couldn't through football or baseball last year. and curt phillips is a talented athlete problem is he knows it and doesn't fall short of tellin ya.[/color] /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> everyone talked about him getting punched in the west game, and maybe with his attitude the way it is a punch is just what he needed and maybe deserved a couple more.

Obviously you have no class! Anyone who will cheer on bad sportsmanship isn't or wasn't an athlete and has no respect for the game! Bet you were the kid who was the bully to cover up your inadequecies or perhaps you were the last kid picked to be on the team, regardless you've never respected sports and have no business making a post like that.

No attitude with the Rebs just determination, if you perceive this as having an attitude you have never been a winner because focus is what it takes!

Regardless who you pull for let's all hope for a good clean game with no injury! Happy Turkey day all! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Gray Ghost that was awesome! :thumb

GO REBELS!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right back at ya noonesfool. In fact Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. On a side note, I just looked at the weather prognostication for Friday and everyone better be ready to bundle up. Also someone recommended Under Armor last week instead of long johns. I want to say thank you, the UA kept me very toasty last week! I do have a problem with it however, for some reason it doesn't look the same way on me as it does the mannequin. Go figure! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone whether they be green, blue ,maroon, orange or whatever. Enjoy the time with your families no matter how much they annoy you or how much you love them. We miss the ones that can't be us this Thanksgiving. GOD BLESS you all and GOD BLESS our troops!

Aww Comp you impress me. This post actually has reason and logic behind it. I kid, I kid. I don't think that I ever said that your QB bites...and if I did thats not what I intended. I always tried to point out that anyone who gets a d1 offer and at a big ten school no less is a solid football player. I just was expecting a little bit more out of him after all that I had heard about the kid. This is after all, an opion board. Just cause mine is a lot different from yours doesn't make it wrong and likewise because yours is different then mine I don't have the right to dismiss it outright. To be honest with you. Yes, I did expect the South faithful to give me a little more info on their offensive scheme. I mean it's not llike I'm asking you to tell me what your two point play is if the situation comes up. I was just curious if Curt is truly running a spread option at South.

As for the DB poster...I was really referring to 4A state titles. I'll be the first to admit I know very little of 5A football. I know that Oak Ridge has been good as well as Bearden and Farragut...but I also know that DB, when they are right, is as good as anyone in the state. Hope I didn't offend you too badly.

Panther...I did not DIScount Knoxville or any of its' teams in my original reply to you. In fact, I gave credit for you being a cut above NET football. We are trying to upgrade it and hard I might add. It's just that when you come on here and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is that, "Curt ain't all that" and NET football is the weakest in the state... Well then, that sort of set the tone. You could have said the same things and stated your opinion in a manner that would not have started a war. You could have at least given us a little respect first and then proceded to state your opinion. But I just don't think you can claim anything from one game. Yes, D1 stands out 24/7 if in fact it is D1 and you shouldn't have to see more. I understand that first impressions are lasting impressions but if you read Buds post then that says it all. He lives in Middle TN and knows the score. It's people like him that have honest opinions and call it as square as they can. I mean you said #15 may have been one of the best players on the field. Well we feel he is pretty good also especially understanding that he doesn't get the ball very much. But in spite of that he is averaging 8 yds a carry. Hence, how can you view his performance as exemplary (when he only got 7 touches) and not think Curt was much.

I feel sure you will come back to Death Valley for the game this Friday. You owe us that much. And then if you feel the same then I will accept whatever you post. Rebel Nation.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! No harm intended, all done in good humor and fun. If any are offended my apologies!

Not hard to figure out the tune.

The Devils went down to Pactolus,

they were lookin for a game to steal

they were in a bind

cause they would have to confine

the Rebs, or they would run at will.

Then they came upon this young man

Working hard,running and passing alot

the Devils leaped

to the top of the heap

and said Rebs let me tell you what.

In case you didn't know it

we're pretty good players too

and if you care to take a dare

we will make a bet with you.

Now you play pretty good football, Rebs

but give the Devils their due

they'll bet who gets to go

and move on down the road

cause they think their better than you.

Rebs said, now his name's Curt

and it might be a sin

but we'll take your bet

and your gonna regret

cause he's the best there's ever been.

Rebels raise up your game and play with all your heart

cause hades broke loose in the Valley and the Devils will play hard

and if you win you get to move on down the road

but if you lose the Devils get to go.

Coach McCurry opened up his playbook

and said I'll start this show

and fire flew from his fingertips

as he called on his spread "O"

Then Greenway threw the ball across the field

and it made an evil hiss

and the band from Greeneville joined in

and it sounded like, aww he just missed.

When the Devils finished

Coach Carter said well your pretty good there son

but sit down on that bench right there

and we'll show you how it's done.

He called on Seth and Martin

run Brad, run

the Devils are in the House of the rising "Son"

Fletcher in the backfield picken out holes

Kaleb will the db bite

go kids go.

The Devils bowed thier heads

because they knew they had been beat

and they laid that semi-finals ticket

on the ground at the Rebels feet.

The Rebels said, Devils just come on back

if you ever want to try again

we told you once, you sons of Greeneville

we're the best thats ever been.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, ESPECIALLY OUR TROOPS, GOD BLESS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ghost...THAT WAS AWESOME!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. Pretty creative. You should allow us to put that on a poster and display it at the game!

i wish there was a way for both teams to lose this one. greeneville has done something this year that suprised us all. greenway finally stayed out of trouble and showed what he can do if he finishes a season seeing as how he couldn't through football or baseball last year. and curt phillips is a talented athlete problem is he knows it and doesn't fall short of tellin ya. everyone talked about him getting punched in the west game, and maybe with his attitude the way it is a punch is just what he needed and maybe deserved a couple more.

Now there's some class for ya! Do you know one of the reasons why the South fans defend him so strongly. It's because of the character and positive attitude he posesses, something you obviously lack of a great deal of. If he's so full of himself why would he risk getting hurt by VOLUNTEERING to return kicks, by VOLUNTEERING to play safety where cheap shots can be taken, and have been I might add. His tickets already been punched for WIS. , if he was so cocky as you described why would he risk all that? I'll tell you why, because he wants his team to win. It takes more character and heart to do those things, something you can only dream about. Lesser men have had this much attention and not been able to handle it, but this kid lets it roll off his back like no other. The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team. Nobody understands this better than Curt ,just ask him, I have, have you? Take your trash somewhere else. OH! Happy Thanksging!

Now there's some class for ya! Do you know one of the reasons why the South fans defend him so strongly. It's because of the character and positive attitude he posesses, something you obviously lack of a great deal of. If he's so full of himself why would he risk getting hurt by VOLUNTEERING to return kicks, by VOLUNTEERING to play safety where cheap shots can be taken, and have been I might add. His tickets already been punched for WIS. , if he was so cocky as you described why would he risk all that? I'll tell you why, because he wants his team to win. It takes more character and heart to do those things, something you can only dream about. Lesser men have had this much attention and not been able to handle it, but this kid lets it roll off his back like no other. The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team. Nobody understands this better than Curt ,just ask him, I have, have you? Take your trash somewhere else. OH! Happy Thanksging!

Good reply! GO SOUTH REBELS

Ghost...THAT WAS AWESOME!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. Pretty creative. You should allow us to put that on a poster and display it at the game!

Thank you!

Just my gift to my brethern on the south side! You are welcome to use it in any fashion you would like.

Keep up the good work Rebels!

Everyone be Thankful for what the good Lord gave ya!

ROLL REBS ROLL!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Obviously you have no class! Anyone who will cheer on bad sportsmanship isn't or wasn't an athlete and has no respect for the game! Bet you were the kid who was the bully to cover up your inadequecies or perhaps you were the last kid picked to be on the team, regardless you've never respected sports and have no business making a post like that.

No attitude with the Rebs just determination, if you perceive this as having an attitude you have never been a winner because focus is what it takes!

Regardless who you pull for let's all hope for a good clean game with no injury! Happy Turkey day all! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Gray Ghost that was awesome! :thumb

GO REBELS!

Thanks, I believe you may have hit the nail on the head, also if he doesn't like the Rebs or the Devils why would he even bother to look at this thread? Jealous of what these two teams have accomplished, maybe?

Good Luck to both teams!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Panthers08,

I respect your input. Consider the following factor though; South has much less natural speed than your average Knox area team. Not a knock at South, but the truth. South plays well as a team (I know we all hear that many times over) and it is the truth. Give Curt some of those bigger, faster, stronger guys to catch his passes or guys to block for him; and he is off the charts recruiting wise. Put Curt in Knoxville or Nashville and he is the best recruit in the state. You know Unapproved Website is here in Nashville (Brentwood) and many times over hypes local players. You put Curt on Brentwood Academy, Maryville, or MBA you can FORGET about it. I see players around Nashville getting the same hype as Curt for doing less with twice the surrounding talent. You gotta remember Curt plays for South; a good solid team, but not as many athletes as other areas. But I will leave you with this; if South does not flip out at the sight of Maryville(like TN High did), they can beat Maryville, not saying they will but they have the tools to do it. After Maryville, who cares because Maryville is the BIG game most of the time. Respect Curt though, he is for real.

Once again all solid points. You're right Curt doesn't have the same weapons that a lot of the guys from Knoxville have had which is why I didn't comment on his stats. Heck I don't even know his stats although they must be pretty impressive. I respect Curt because he has worked his way to a division one big ten scholarship and that is extremely impressive. I mean everybody who straps on gear dreams of being a D1 football player...I couldn't do it (coiming out of Knoxville) and Curt did...I'll always respect anyone who can do something that I couldn't do myself. What I did comment on was what I perceived to be a lack of acceleration, and it didn't appear that he had a ton of arm strength. I just simply don't agree with the face that with the right weapons he would be the top recruit in the state. Aaron Douglas would be higher on the recruiting boards any way you cut it more then likely. Other then Douglas I haven't witnessed any of the big time recruits first hand. At any rate whether or not I think Curt is the real deal doesn't really matter, what matters is the coach of Wisconsin thought he was. So I'll agree to disagree.

Panther...I did not DIScount Knoxville or any of its' teams in my original reply to you. In fact, I gave credit for you being a cut above NET football. We are trying to upgrade it and hard I might add. It's just that when you come on here and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is that, "Curt ain't all that" and NET football is the weakest in the state... Well then, that sort of set the tone. You could have said the same things and stated your opinion in a manner that would not have started a war. You could have at least given us a little respect first and then proceded to state your opinion. But I just don't think you can claim anything from one game. Yes, D1 stands out 24/7 if in fact it is D1 and you shouldn't have to see more. I understand that first impressions are lasting impressions but if you read Buds post then that says it all. He lives in Middle TN and knows the score. It's people like him that have honest opinions and call it as square as they can. I mean you said #15 may have been one of the best players on the field. Well we feel he is pretty good also especially understanding that he doesn't get the ball very much. But in spite of that he is averaging 8 yds a carry. Hence, how can you view his performance as exemplary (when he only got 7 touches) and not think Curt was much.

I feel sure you will come back to Death Valley for the game this Friday. You owe us that much. And then if you feel the same then I will accept whatever you post. Rebel Nation.

Again, Comp if I made it sound like I don't think Curt is a good football player then I apologize. The kid can play, I just think you guys are a little too high on him...but I'm sure I've been too high on a lot of knoxville area guys and especially Powell guys it's only natural. As for Fletcher, I judged him based on the same factors that I judged Curt on. I watched him carry the football. I saw the way he moved and made cuts. The kid is pretty darn athletic. He looked to me to be more explosive then Phillips. But I back tracked and said I was probably being unfair by attempting to judge Curt after one game. It's not that I didn't think Curt was much, just in my humble opinion he's not as impressive as I was expecting him to be after the things I heard. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations of him.

As for the game Friday....unfortunately me and some buddies bought student tickets for the UT UK game and we are going down Friday to pregame just a little bit. I hear Lexington is a fun city. Which is why I really really hope that Maryville and South both advance so that I can see the South play again. I'm most definately open to having my opinion of the young man changed. And if he performs against Maryville then he will make a believer out of me. It doesn't matter how slow it looks like you're running, or how weak I may think that your arm is from the stands. What matters is results. And if he comes out and puts numbers up against the Quarles dynasty then I'll believe the kid can seriously play.

they are just mad cuz he said daddy curt is not all they make him out to be. If you guys show the kid much more love then we are going to have to ask yall to get a room. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

This post is exactly what Cap1 and others are talking about with you KEV-O. If you don't like it when someone calls you out then don't make these smart #ss posts! I think Barb has a scrapbooking post site for you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks, I believe you may have hit the nail on the head, also if he doesn't like the Rebs or the Devils why would he even bother to look at this thread? Jealous of what these two teams have accomplished, maybe?

you are no where close to right. why would i be jealous when i've made it farther then both these teams. it doesn't matter what happens friday because the road is going to stop where it always stops and that's maryville. neither of these teams have showed anything that proves they can stop maryville and unless they do it which is highly doubtful then i won't believe they ever can.

I want to start by saying let's not punch Maryville's ticket to the next round just yet. Red Bank is the real deal this year and could most definately end the streak. I can't make myself pick Red Bank, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if it happened.

Now I do have a question for the South fans. Allow me to preface my statement. I have never met Curt Phillips. I have no idea what the kid is like. That being said, I have heard a lot of comments here and there that the kid is arrogant and full of himself. Again, I'M NOT SAYING THAT HE IS EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. I'm just curious if any of you guys could tell me why he has that rap? I mean did he maybe present himself that way when he was younger or is this simply Curt being targeted because he is the biggest name in the area?