Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

Panthers08

It's now official; you stand alone atop the all-time leader board of CoachT. No person with so little personal observation of a 17 yr old h.s. player has made more numerous critical posts.

Dr. Phil might conclude that you get perverted gratification and attention by publicly and anonymously criticizing a minor by name and then repeating it ad nauseum. This could be secondary to either:

1. A need to prop up your very low self esteem, possibly due to multiple beatings as a child, impotence or sexual ambiguity

2. Undiagnosed or under treated mania of a manic-depressive. Supporting this conclusion are symptoms such as: obsessive behavior including spending an unhealthy amount of time on-line repeating the same inappropriate comments to the point that others get annoyed and attempt to have you go elsewhere, and grandiose delusions (absurd delusions of a one's personal abilities and importance) such as watching one game from a distance and considering your opinion to evaluate ability above established professionals with more time spent doing side by side comparisons, i.e. Tom Lemming, Rivals, ESPN and college coaches. See below for support.

Dr. Phil's recommendations might include taking pause for introspection. If you are healthy enough to recognize and address your problems by communicating only when your opinion is worthy of another person's time, good luck in what is sure to be a struggle on a difficult road to recovery. Your parents should have taught you of the potential damage done by unwise and critical words and to first ask yourself if what you are about to say or do is constructive or destructive. You ultimately reap what you sow. If you are too far gone, as it appears, then you will likely utilize your overactive defense mechanism of denial and claim innocence and freedom of speech, oblivious to the ill effects of your actions. Make the world a better place and spare us of your mental midgetry by seeking psychological evaluation and possible initiation of shock therapy.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/082807adq.html

http://footballrecruiting.Unapproved Website/viewp...sp?pr_key=56102

Rivals top rated in order as of 11/15/07:

Dual-threat quarterback Stars RR Ht/Wt/40 Hometown Rank Schools

1. Terrelle Pryor 6.1 6-6/235/4.4 Jeannette, PA 1 list

2. MarQueis Gray 5.8 6-4/204/4.66 Indianapolis, IN 2 list

3. Robert Griffin 5.8 6-3/195/- Copperas Cove, TX 3 Houston

4. Matt Scott 5.8 6-3/205/4.5 Corona, CA 4 Arizona

5. B.J. Daniels 5.8 6-1/203/4.55 Tallahassee, FL 5 list

6. Kody Spano 5.7 6-2/202/4.7 Stephenville, TX 6 Oklahoma State

7. Curt Phillips 5.7 6-3/212/4.6 Kingsport, TN 7 Wisconsin

8. Jaybo Shaw 5.7 6-0/176/4.45 Flowery Branch, GA 8 Middle Tenn St.

9. Tommy Dorman 5.6 6-3/204/4.63 North Richland Hills, TX 9 Texas A&M

10.Kale Pick 5.6 6-1/198/4.5 Dodge City, KS 10 Kansas

11.Aramis Hillary 5.6 6-2/205/4.68 Johnston, SC 11 South Carolina

12.Orhian Johnson 5.6 6-2/178/4.51 Gulfport, FL 12 list

13.Kyle Parker 5.6 6-0/188/4.6 Jacksonville, FL 13 Clemson

14.Deron Furr 5.6 6-3/212/4.52 Columbus, GA 14 Auburn

15.Sancho McDonald 5.6 6-2/187/4.6 Miami, FL 15 list

16.Darius Banks 5.6 6-2/183/4.65 Culver City, CA 16 list

17.Jim Youngblood 5.6 6-2/217/4.69 Camden, AR 17 Arkansas

18.Dominick Britt 5.5 6-4/175/4.65 Trotwood, OH 18 Cincinnati

19.Jerome Tiller 5.5 6-3/184/4.47 San Antonio, TX 19 Iowa State

20.Ted Stachitas 5.5 6-0/180/- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 20 Wake Forest

21.Randall Mackey 5.5 5-11/200/4.6 Bastrop, LA 21 list

22.Barrett Trotter 5.5 6-2/193/4.81 Birmingham, AL 22 Auburn

23.Tommy Reamon Jr. 5.5 6-2/195/4.65 Newport News, VA 23 list

24.Nick Florence 5.5 6-2/167/4.6 Garland, TX 24 Baylor

25.Luther Leonard 5.5 6-2/190/4.7 Burien, WA 25 Washington

ESPN Ranking of All QBs, Pro-Style and Dual Threat Current Nov 07

NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN RANK GRADE STATUS NCAA SCHOOL

E.J. Manuel QB 6-4 201 Virginia Beach, VA QB #1 87 Verbal Florida State

Dayne Crist QB 6-5 228 Canoga Park, CA QB #2 83 Verbal Notre Dame

Landry Jones QB 6-4 224 Artesia, NM QB #3 83 Verbal Oklahoma

Nick Crissman QB 6-3 193 Huntington Beach, CA QB #4 82 Verbal UCLA

Mike Glennon QB 6-6 195 Centreville, VA QB #5 82 Verbal N.C. State

Blaine Gabbert QB 6-4 226 Ballwin, MO QB #6 82 Verbal Missouri

Andrew Luck QB 6-3 205 Houston, TX QB #7 82 Verbal Stanford

Taylor Cook QB 6-6 210 Eagle Lake, TX QB #8 82 Verbal Miami (FL)

Kyle Parker QB 6-0 188 Jacksonville, FL QB #9 81 Verbal Clemson

Braden Hanson QB 6-5 193 Charlotte, NC QB #10 81 Verbal North Carolina

Kelly Page QB 6-3 202 Sunnyvale, TX QB #11 80 Verbal Oregon

MarQueis Gray QB 6-4 204 Indianapolis, IN QB #12 80 Undeclared View Schools

Tyler Wilson QB 6-3 182 Greenwood, AR QB #12 80 Verbal Tulsa

Tino Sunseri QB 6-2 190 Pittsburgh, PA QB #14 80 Verbal Louisville

John Wienke QB 6-4 196 Tuscola, IL QB #14 80 Verbal Michigan

Mark Tolzien QB 6-1 176 Rolling Meadows, IL QB #16 80 Undeclared View Schools

D.C. Jefferson QB 6-6 230 Winter Haven, FL QB #17 79 Verbal LSU

Curt Phillips QB 6-3 212 Kingsport, TN QB #18 79 Verbal Wisconsin

Nick Florence QB 6-2 167 Garland, TX QB #19 79 Verbal Baylor

Darius Banks QB 6-2 183 Culver City, CA QB #20 79 Undeclared View Schools

Jacory Harris QB 6-4 169 Miami, FL QB #21 79 Verbal Miami (FL)

Ryan Griffin QB 6-4 207 West Hills, CA QB #22 79 Undeclared View Schools

Corey Trisby QB 6-2 184 San Diego, CA QB #23 79 Undeclared View Schools

Riley Dodge QB 5-11 185 Southlake, TX QB #24 78 Verbal North Texas

Matt Scott QB 6-2 185 Corona, CA QB #24 78 Verbal Arizona

James are you trying to impress me your vocabulary? I won't claim freedom of speech or whatever else you said. What I will claim is that this is a board that was built around people sharing their opinions, or am I confused on the reason this board exists. Furthermore, I was under the impression that it was Curt Phillips (oh there I go dropping his name again) was the young man who played QB for Sullivan South Friday night correct? So, if my reasoning is correct...the problems that I perceived with his game really were problems with HIS game. I somehow doubt that he looks like he's running faster against say Volunteer or Greeneville. I doubt that his arm looks any stronger no matter who is on defense. I have been a part of our seen a lot of high school football over the past six years and seen a lot of great players in person and on film. When I watched the Colemon kid from Chattanooga, I knew he was D1. He wears orange and white on Saturdays now. Do I doubt that Phillips has division one ability...no not really. I believe I've mentioned that Wisconsin doesn't give scholarships to any average Joe. I just don't believe that he will be productive on the next level. And I'll say this again I HOPE THAT I'M WRONG AND CURT PHILLIPS WIN THE HEISMAN TROPHY.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James are you trying to impress me your vocabulary? I won't claim freedom of speech or whatever else you said. What I will claim is that this is a board that was built around people sharing their opinions, or am I confused on the reason this board exists. Furthermore, I was under the impression that it was Curt Phillips (oh there I go dropping his name again) was the young man who played QB for Sullivan South Friday night correct? So, if my reasoning is correct...the problems that I perceived with his game really were problems with HIS game. I somehow doubt that he looks like he's running faster against say Volunteer or Greeneville. I doubt that his arm looks any stronger no matter who is on defense. I have been a part of our seen a lot of high school football over the past six years and seen a lot of great players in person and on film. When I watched the Colemon kid from Chattanooga, I knew he was D1. He wears orange and white on Saturdays now. Do I doubt that Phillips has division one ability...no not really. I believe I've mentioned that Wisconsin doesn't give scholarships to any average Joe. I just don't believe that he will be productive on the next level. And I'll say this again I HOPE THAT I'M WRONG AND CURT PHILLIPS WIN THE HEISMAN TROPHY.

I cannot believe you responded to someone doing a Dr. Phil impression.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There we have it. Your statement "the problems that I perceived with his game really were problems with HIS game" tells us that your perception is reality. Your eyes are more accurate than electronic timing. Hold the presses while I'll alert the media that the source of all football knowledge feels the need to spew more toxic criticism. Having read your egocentric posts, I was concerned you wouldn't pause a moment to consider the attached objective opinions of others. But then why would you take the time now to become informed before you continue your criticism. Just shoot from the hip and care less of the effect of your actions.

Your last sentence is a weak, transparent, hollow attempt to appear gracious. In the same manner, I hope you prove me wrong in my belief that you are this web site's equivalent of a hemorhoid (?sp), by stopping your public criticism of the kids and getting a life away from the computer. Do I need to capitalize it to prove my sincerity?

Panthers08, if you're that weak and can't help yourself, move on to grace another site or topic, but warn them to get out their Preparation H before your start in on your next victims. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Once again all solid points. You're right Curt doesn't have the same weapons that a lot of the guys from Knoxville have had which is why I didn't comment on his stats. Heck I don't even know his stats although they must be pretty impressive. I respect Curt because he has worked his way to a division one big ten scholarship and that is extremely impressive. I mean everybody who straps on gear dreams of being a D1 football player...I couldn't do it (coiming out of Knoxville) and Curt did...I'll always respect anyone who can do something that I couldn't do myself. What I did comment on was what I perceived to be a lack of acceleration, and it didn't appear that he had a ton of arm strength. I just simply don't agree with the face that with the right weapons he would be the top recruit in the state. Aaron Douglas would be higher on the recruiting boards any way you cut it more then likely. Other then Douglas I haven't witnessed any of the big time recruits first hand. At any rate whether or not I think Curt is the real deal doesn't really matter, what matters is the coach of Wisconsin thought he was. So I'll agree to disagree.

Again, Comp if I made it sound like I don't think Curt is a good football player then I apologize. The kid can play, I just think you guys are a little too high on him...but I'm sure I've been too high on a lot of knoxville area guys and especially Powell guys it's only natural. As for Fletcher, I judged him based on the same factors that I judged Curt on. I watched him carry the football. I saw the way he moved and made cuts. The kid is pretty darn athletic. He looked to me to be more explosive then Phillips. But I back tracked and said I was probably being unfair by attempting to judge Curt after one game. It's not that I didn't think Curt was much, just in my humble opinion he's not as impressive as I was expecting him to be after the things I heard. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations of him.

As for the game Friday....unfortunately me and some buddies bought student tickets for the UT UK game and we are going down Friday to pregame just a little bit. I hear Lexington is a fun city. Which is why I really really hope that Maryville and South both advance so that I can see the South play again. I'm most definately open to having my opinion of the young man changed. And if he performs against Maryville then he will make a believer out of me. It doesn't matter how slow it looks like you're running, or how weak I may think that your arm is from the stands. What matters is results. And if he comes out and puts numbers up against the Quarles dynasty then I'll believe the kid can seriously play.

Panthers08,

Curt Phillips slow? He was the fastset sprinter from south on track last spring and was in the top 3 or so in the conference. Don't even knock upper east TN track or Cross Country because Science Hill and DB usually own East TN (including Knoxville) minus a few Know West girls CC teams. And Aaron Douglas; yes he is awesome no doubt he is SEC material. But Maryville is ranked #6,7, or 8 in the country by Sports Illustrated. You think that helps? Yes. I have seen Aaron Douglas play and he belongs. I have seen Curt play several times and he belongs as well. Make no mistake about it; if Curt was in a larger city (more pub) he is the top player in the state. Not only is he working against that, he has less weapons surrounding him then say Aaron Douglas, or Chris Jordan from BA. You must see the whole picture. If you question his speed and arm strength, you are not paying attention. $100 bucks says he would beat any of your (I assume Powell Panthers are your team, may be wrong) fellow players in a sprint or a distance throwing contest. I am a DB fan' I hate South most of the time, but I will give credit where it is due and I am tired of overranked kids getting all the pub. Hence Unapproved Website in Nashville ranks UT players tops a;; the time that never amount to much, they get to UT and stink it up! Give me Gerald Sensabaugh from DB that was overlooked. What does he do? Goes to ETSU because he gets little pub; and yet becomes an all american. Then ETSU scraps football. UT turns their nose at him when he wants to transfer there so and he goes to North Carolina and plays one year (when they were good and beat Miami) and is named their best player on defense playing just one year. He tied an NCAA blocking 3 punts. He was starting for Jacksonville as a DB until he recently tore his ACL. I am telling you, don't judge by what the internet or pub says is great player because a kid can afford to go to big summer camps and all; watch the kid and consider what he has to work with; what is the press coverage in the area, etc. Curt is elite, end of story.

Panthers08,

Curt Phillips slow? He was the fastset sprinter from south on track last spring and was in the top 3 or so in the conference. Don't even knock upper east TN track or Cross Country because Science Hill and DB usually own East TN (including Knoxville) minus a few Know West girls CC teams. And Aaron Douglas; yes he is awesome no doubt he is SEC material. But Maryville is ranked #6,7, or 8 in the country by Sports Illustrated. You think that helps? Yes. I have seen Aaron Douglas play and he belongs. I have seen Curt play several times and he belongs as well. Make no mistake about it; if Curt was in a larger city (more pub) he is the top player in the state. Not only is he working against that, he has less weapons surrounding him then say Aaron Douglas, or Chris Jordan from BA. You must see the whole picture. If you question his speed and arm strength, you are not paying attention. $100 bucks says he would beat any of your (I assume Powell Panthers are your team, may be wrong) fellow players in a sprint or a distance throwing contest. I am a DB fan' I hate South most of the time, but I will give credit where it is due and I am tired of overranked kids getting all the pub. Hence Unapproved Website in Nashville ranks UT players tops a;; the time that never amount to much, they get to UT and stink it up! Give me Gerald Sensabaugh from DB that was overlooked. What does he do? Goes to ETSU because he gets little pub; and yet becomes an all american. Then ETSU scraps football. UT turns their nose at him when he wants to transfer there so and he goes to North Carolina and plays one year (when they were good and beat Miami) and is named their best player on defense playing just one year. He tied an NCAA blocking 3 punts. He was starting for Jacksonville as a DB until he recently tore his ACL. I am telling you, don't judge by what the internet or pub says is great player because a kid can afford to go to big summer camps and all; watch the kid and consider what he has to work with; what is the press coverage in the area, etc. Curt is elite, end of story.

Perfect!! Best One today /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Once again all solid points. You're right Curt doesn't have the same weapons that a lot of the guys from Knoxville have had which is why I didn't comment on his stats. Heck I don't even know his stats although they must be pretty impressive. I respect Curt because he has worked his way to a division one big ten scholarship and that is extremely impressive. I mean everybody who straps on gear dreams of being a D1 football player...I couldn't do it (coiming out of Knoxville) and Curt did...I'll always respect anyone who can do something that I couldn't do myself. What I did comment on was what I perceived to be a lack of acceleration, and it didn't appear that he had a ton of arm strength. I just simply don't agree with the face that with the right weapons he would be the top recruit in the state. Aaron Douglas would be higher on the recruiting boards any way you cut it more then likely. Other then Douglas I haven't witnessed any of the big time recruits first hand. At any rate whether or not I think Curt is the real deal doesn't really matter, what matters is the coach of Wisconsin thought he was. So I'll agree to disagree.

Again, Comp if I made it sound like I don't think Curt is a good football player then I apologize. The kid can play, I just think you guys are a little too high on him...but I'm sure I've been too high on a lot of knoxville area guys and especially Powell guys it's only natural. As for Fletcher, I judged him based on the same factors that I judged Curt on. I watched him carry the football. I saw the way he moved and made cuts. The kid is pretty darn athletic. He looked to me to be more explosive then Phillips. But I back tracked and said I was probably being unfair by attempting to judge Curt after one game. It's not that I didn't think Curt was much, just in my humble opinion he's not as impressive as I was expecting him to be after the things I heard. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations of him.

As for the game Friday....unfortunately me and some buddies bought student tickets for the UT UK game and we are going down Friday to pregame just a little bit. I hear Lexington is a fun city. Which is why I really really hope that Maryville and South both advance so that I can see the South play again. I'm most definately open to having my opinion of the young man changed. And if he performs against Maryville then he will make a believer out of me. It doesn't matter how slow it looks like you're running, or how weak I may think that your arm is from the stands. What matters is results. And if he comes out and puts numbers up against the Quarles dynasty then I'll believe the kid can seriously play.

P8,

I appreciate your sticking to your guns regarding Phillips. However, I am really disappointed by your last paragraph. I really was welcoming your attendance at a South game to give an independent assessment.

Unfortunately, it appears your are really just an articulate college student who could not know that much about football if you have been associated with the Powell Panthers recently. So you have fooled many people and waxed eloquent with the parents, coaches, alumni, and players who populate this board.

BTW, how do you have so much time to post on this board? You are either wasting your parents' money or in a nothing major (also wasteful).

Well, Curt did GUARANTEE after the first loss to Greeneville that they would NOT lose another game. If he can back that one up he is confident....if not he's cocky.....time will tell.

I do however believe Maryville is vulnerable this year. Whoever prepares effectively for their game and has the talent to execute can beat them. Red Bank, South or Greeneville are all capable. Should be an interesting Quarter and Semi.

Now Barb, if your gonna quote someone at least get it right. I believe some Greendevils have stated this one innacurately before. What Curt said was "They would not lose another regular season game." Guess what? They didn't lose another regular season game. Now I'm not going to tell you what he said to yhe coaches and team about the playoffs.He! He! That boy must have got that crystal ball at Parks Belk or somthin' cause it's a goodin'. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Phillips is a grounded individual and a pleasure to be around, as far as arogant please. On the grid iron he is one of the best high school football players from NORTH EAST TENNESSEE that has ever been. No he is not superman but a very talented player, Phillips is an athelete with intelligence. Now for the trash talk, lets tee up the ball and get on with it.

you are no where close to right. why would i be jealous when i've made it farther then both these teams. it doesn't matter what happens friday because the road is going to stop where it always stops and that's maryville. neither of these teams have showed anything that proves they can stop maryville and unless they do it which is highly doubtful then i won't believe they ever can.

Now why would a maryville player bother spending time on a South/ Greeneville thread?

Are you already looking to next week? You better get ready for Red Bank, because I think they have more than you guys can handle!!!!! So your statment about the road stopping in maryville I guess you were predicting you own fate!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Can't wait til you guys become 5A, then we will see if your as bold with all your statements! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll see if I can talk Coach Clark into scheduling you guys first thing! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />