Arby's Classic

greenhtr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[East will lose all their games in the Arby's Classic, is that a FORCE to be reckoned with?

Well, sir,perhaps you didn't understand my last post. I think they will be force to be reckoned with in the Big 9. Playing in the Arby's will give them the experience of playing against very, very outstanding teams. I think Coach Burns brings in top notch teams from outside which is a real treat. I'm just positive about the Pats this year. Obviously you disagree.

Well im willing to beat that East WILL go farther than THS. They are one of the few local teams that has a real chance in winning their first game. East is better than what most you think. Tabernacle will not be able to stop Snapp, Faver, Banres, Deeb, or Cross

HAHAHAHAHA. I think i just peed on myself I was laughing so hard. You think east will beat Tabernacle? WOW /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HAHAHAHAHA. I think i just peed on myself I was laughing so hard. You think east will beat Tabernacle? WOW /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I'm just glad to finally see a Sullivan East fan finally find the stones to post!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was beginning to think they didn't have broadband in Bluff City.

Tabernacle is consistently the weakest team that is invited. They may have one stand out player but they never have a full team. Jus wait you will all see. Be there early its the first game.

Its the early game because they know taberbacle will DEMOLISH east. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This should help...

From the Kingsport Times-News:

Archbishop Carroll, Washington, D.C.

The Lions have one of the nations top players in 6??™7??? Kristopher Joseph, who??™s committed to Syracuse. They also return 6??™5??? Rodney McGruder and 6??™7??? Aleksander Mitrovic. With a 7??™0??? post and seven players over 6??™4???, this is definatley a team that bears watching.

First round opponent: Tennessee High

Briarcrest, Memphis, TN

The Saints were ranked #2 in the state last season, won 30 games, and reached the state tournament. Briarcrest has All-Stat player Leslie McDonald, one of the nations best juniors. McDonald averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds last winter. Tennessee, Duke, and North Carolina have him high on their recruiting lists. Johnny Williams 6??™7??? and Elgin Lee 6??™3??? also are Division I prospects.

First round opponent: Winner of Sullivan East/Tabernacle Baptist

Charlotte, Punta Gorda, FL

The Tarpons have two of Florida??™s best guards, 6??™5??? Dago Pena and 6??™3??? Chris Stephenson. They also have 6??™4??? Ted Oboute and 6??™4??? D.J. Goshay.

First round opponent: Volunteer

Columbia, Decatur, GA

The Eagles were 31-2 and 4A state runner up last March in Georgia. Several of their players are Division I prospects. Travis Leslie 6??™5???, Darrius Morrow 6??™8???, Kenny Mitchell 6??™8???, and point guard David Forrest should make Columbia the tourney favorite. Morrow has committed to South Carolina.

First round opponent: Dobyns Bennett

Dorsey, Los Angeles, CA

This is the Dons??™ second trip to Bristol. Nigel Carter 6??™2??? is being recruited by San Francisco, Penn State, Harvard, and California-Riverside. His supporting cast includes 6??™4??? Mackie Jordan and 6??™2???Lonnie Biggs.

First round opponent: Winner of Greeneville/Urspring of Ulm

Henry Carr, Toronto, ON, Canada

The Crusaders were Catholic City Champions last season and the overall #1 ranked team in Canada. Point guard Rodel Grenaway averaged 20 points, 10 assists, and 5 rebounds while shooting guard Tramar Sutherland averaged 20 points. Mark Gibson 6??™5??? and Chris Muir 6??™5??? give the Canadians a strong insidegame.

First round opponent: Iolani, Honolulu, HI

Iolani, Honolulu, HI

The Raiders will be the first Hawaiian team to play in Bristol. Mark Mugiishi has been the states coach of the year seven times. His school has won seven state titles, including the past five in succession. Leaders are 6??™6??? Taylor Mounts and 6??™2??? Pablo Warner.

First round opponent: Henry Carr, Toronoto, ON, Canada

Northview, Duluth, Georgia

The Titans have an abundance of size. Ralph Sampson III, son of the legendary Ralph Sampson II who starred at the University of Virginia and in the NBA, is their big gun. He is 6??™11???, 230 lbs. and has committed to Tubby Smith??™s Minnesota Golden Gophers after averaging a double-double last year. Ralph??™s younger brother, Robert Sampson 6??™8???, and Will Grayson 6??™8??? enable Northview to put forth a lofty frontline.

First round opponent: Science Hill

Pine Castle, Orlando, FL

With an enrollment of just 255, the Eagles were state champions in Class A last season in Florida. The teams top players are heady 6??™0??? point guard Thomas Austin; 2007 state tourney MVP Eddie Piccinini 6??™1???, also a guard; Kory Pugh 6??™3???; defensive ace Marc Shamley, and Division I football signee LaSalle Cooks 6??™3???. The Eagles won the Class A title last year with all underclassmen and will be moving up to Class AA this season.

First round opponent: Gate City

Tabernacle Baptist, Freeport, Grand Bahamas

The Falcons, competing here since 1999, have become one of the favorite teams to appear in the classic. Tabernacle Baptist was Grand Bahamas champion a year ago, winning 28 games. Derek Gaitor 6??™5??? and Jared Cartwright 6??™6??? are the marquee players. Tabernacle won national titles in 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, and 2000.

First round opponent: Sullivan East

Urspring, Ulm, Germany

Urspring was the under-19 Germany champion, the under-18 German Cup winner and Germany??™s high school state champion in 2006-2007. Ten of the school??™s former players are on college teams in the United States. Urspring has a towering front with Christopher Niemann 7??™0???, Justin Raffington 6??™9???, and Christian Standhardinger 6??™8???. Niemann is head for Nebraska. Coach Ralph Junge feels this is his best chance to win the classic.

First round opponent: Greeneville

This should help...

From the Kingsport Times-News:

Archbishop Carroll, Washington, D.C.

The Lions have one of the nations top players in 6??™7??? Kristopher Joseph, who??™s committed to Syracuse. They also return 6??™5??? Rodney McGruder and 6??™7??? Aleksander Mitrovic. With a 7??™0??? post and seven players over 6??™4???, this is definatley a team that bears watching.

First round opponent: Tennessee High

Briarcrest, Memphis, TN

The Saints were ranked #2 in the state last season, won 30 games, and reached the state tournament. Briarcrest has All-Stat player Leslie McDonald, one of the nations best juniors. McDonald averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds last winter. Tennessee, Duke, and North Carolina have him high on their recruiting lists. Johnny Williams 6??™7??? and Elgin Lee 6??™3??? also are Division I prospects.

First round opponent: Winner of Sullivan East/Tabernacle Baptist

Charlotte, Punta Gorda, FL

The Tarpons have two of Florida??™s best guards, 6??™5??? Dago Pena and 6??™3??? Chris Stephenson. They also have 6??™4??? Ted Oboute and 6??™4??? D.J. Goshay.

First round opponent: Volunteer

Columbia, Decatur, GA

The Eagles were 31-2 and 4A state runner up last March in Georgia. Several of their players are Division I prospects. Travis Leslie 6??™5???, Darrius Morrow 6??™8???, Kenny Mitchell 6??™8???, and point guard David Forrest should make Columbia the tourney favorite. Morrow has committed to South Carolina.

First round opponent: Dobyns Bennett

Dorsey, Los Angeles, CA

This is the Dons??™ second trip to Bristol. Nigel Carter 6??™2??? is being recruited by San Francisco, Penn State, Harvard, and California-Riverside. His supporting cast includes 6??™4??? Mackie Jordan and 6??™2???Lonnie Biggs.

First round opponent: Winner of Greeneville/Urspring of Ulm

Henry Carr, Toronto, ON, Canada

The Crusaders were Catholic City Champions last season and the overall #1 ranked team in Canada. Point guard Rodel Grenaway averaged 20 points, 10 assists, and 5 rebounds while shooting guard Tramar Sutherland averaged 20 points. Mark Gibson 6??™5??? and Chris Muir 6??™5??? give the Canadians a strong insidegame.

First round opponent: Iolani, Honolulu, HI

Iolani, Honolulu, HI

The Raiders will be the first Hawaiian team to play in Bristol. Mark Mugiishi has been the states coach of the year seven times. His school has won seven state titles, including the past five in succession. Leaders are 6??™6??? Taylor Mounts and 6??™2??? Pablo Warner.

First round opponent: Henry Carr, Toronoto, ON, Canada

Northview, Duluth, Georgia

The Titans have an abundance of size. Ralph Sampson III, son of the legendary Ralph Sampson II who starred at the University of Virginia and in the NBA, is their big gun. He is 6??™11???, 230 lbs. and has committed to Tubby Smith??™s Minnesota Golden Gophers after averaging a double-double last year. Ralph??™s younger brother, Robert Sampson 6??™8???, and Will Grayson 6??™8??? enable Northview to put forth a lofty frontline.

First round opponent: Science Hill

Pine Castle, Orlando, FL

With an enrollment of just 255, the Eagles were state champions in Class A last season in Florida. The teams top players are heady 6??™0??? point guard Thomas Austin; 2007 state tourney MVP Eddie Piccinini 6??™1???, also a guard; Kory Pugh 6??™3???; defensive ace Marc Shamley, and Division I football signee LaSalle Cooks 6??™3???. The Eagles won the Class A title last year with all underclassmen and will be moving up to Class AA this season.

First round opponent: Gate City

Tabernacle Baptist, Freeport, Grand Bahamas

The Falcons, competing here since 1999, have become one of the favorite teams to appear in the classic. Tabernacle Baptist was Grand Bahamas champion a year ago, winning 28 games. Derek Gaitor 6??™5??? and Jared Cartwright 6??™6??? are the marquee players. Tabernacle won national titles in 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, and 2000.

First round opponent: Sullivan East

Urspring, Ulm, Germany

Urspring was the under-19 Germany champion, the under-18 German Cup winner and Germany??™s high school state champion in 2006-2007. Ten of the school??™s former players are on college teams in the United States. Urspring has a towering front with Christopher Niemann 7??™0???, Justin Raffington 6??™9???, and Christian Standhardinger 6??™8???. Niemann is head for Nebraska. Coach Ralph Junge feels this is his best chance to win the classic.

First round opponent: Greeneville

Tabarnacle's BIO does not sound weak........

Again, let's not focus on the Sullivan East hiatus. There are other local teams to discuss.

Is this the same team from Los Angeles that East lost to by 2 points a few years back? I think they missed a layup at the buzzer to tie. I think all of the local teams will struggle in this years tourney. Maybe 1 will get a first round win. Maybe!!