Haywood v. Mitchel 3rd round

SWO

i told u guys earlier that either dyersburg or haywood would be playing in tha state championship game. i actually picked a.e. an the tomcats for tha title. mitchell will see the best defense in tn friday night. it's gonna be hard this post season for anyone to come to b'ville an win, hope u guys understand that it's time for tha money. ward an witherspoon will be hard to deal wit from here on out, and if the next 2 games are at home, tomcats are going to the boro watch.

Hope you're right, as I support our Region ! But Torry might be the most athletic threat they have faced all year ! What am I sayin'....... HE WILL BE ! Though Haywood does have excellent size & speed, Torry touches the ball EVERY offensive down & is a dual threat with every touch ! So I wouldn't punch my ticket to the "Borro" just yet ! Haywood has been defeated at their house this year ! Additionally when you get into the Playoffs this deep, you are facing opponents that don't let hostile environments disrupt their focus / mission ! Like I said I AM pulling for our Rebion 7-3A Tomcats, but let's not reserve a parking spot at the "Borro" until the task at hand is addressed ! And that my Tomcat friends is containing Mitchell & the notrious & elusive Mr Torry !

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think some are underestimating the Tomcat Defense. they have played against speed all year, they have played several memphis teams with tons more speed than they have. i think the speed may have overwhelmed Dyersburg because they havnt seen it much... Tomcats will be ready.

i wont make a prediction this early but i dont think mitchel runs away with it like they did with Dyersburg.

i told u guys earlier that either dyersburg or haywood would be playing in tha state championship game. i actually picked a.e. an the tomcats for tha title. mitchell will see the best defense in tn friday night. it's gonna be hard this post season for anyone to come to b'ville an win, hope u guys understand that it's time for tha money. ward an witherspoon will be hard to deal wit from here on out, and if the next 2 games are at home, tomcats are going to the boro watch.

They already saw the best defense in Tennessee when they played Melrose.

Another great postseason run by Haywood, but Mitchell is better than anyone who has yet to see them play is giving them credit for. Listen to the Dyersburg contigent. They saw it first-hand last week.

i think some are underestimating the Tomcat Defense. they have played against speed all year, they have played several memphis teams with tons more speed than they have. i think the speed may have overwhelmed Dyersburg because they havnt seen it much... Tomcats will be ready.

i wont make a prediction this early but i dont think mitchel runs away with it like they did with Dyersburg.

To say Haywood has seen more speed than DHS is NOT CORRECT. As I stated in an earlier post "IF" Haywood can find a way to STOP TORRY they "MAY" win . But "IF" he has a Remarkable game as he did against DHS ( I have no idea if hes played a better game or near it ??)= TOMCATS LOSS! Hopefully Galilee can give us game stats on Torry during this year . BTW Torry ISNT the only Fast Elusive player MITCHELL has = Mitchell is Not a one man team ! ! I too will be pulling for our Region friends from Haywood . No prediction as one never knows what may happen any Friday night. GO TOMCATS!!

I will post his stats later. On my way to rehab.

According to unapproved website to access all Mitchell stats. Altho in my opioion they are decieving to a point. One never knows how much/often Torry or other play-makers played various postiions in every game except for Ripley and DHS. Against all other foes Torry was 50% passing for1547 yds run 4 a total 255 yds ;as a reciever 2/3 season = multi-talented. Against DHS he had an unbelieveable once in a lifetime game. 80% passing 377 yds, rushed 122 yds . If he continues the success he had against Ripley DHS noone can stop him. Altho Haywood has great closing speed on "D"" he may be in for an average night . he could regress to his nomal season averages not having another breakout game as he did against DHS. DHS always gets the other teams BEST night ever. Mitchel has several players that they"ve used in various positions during the year with success especially their wr corps. GO TOMCATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"run away with it"? Are you kidding? 40-31 is not a runaway. 31 points is at least 17 more than Haywood will score. Dyersburg led at the half and only punted one time, had two backs who rushed for over 100 yards,and had 392 yards of total offense, more than twice what Haywood will get. Ken Torry did not play QB in several of the Mitchell games this season. Mitchell's losses came to Whitehaven, a higher-classification team, and to Daphne, Alabama, a nationally-ranked high school team. I watched tape of the Daphne game (in which Torry played less than half the downs), and Daphne could beat an all-star team out of 7 3-A--much more speed than Mitchell, Dyersburg, or any other teams around here. Daphne's QB is Coley White, the younger brother of Pat White, the current West Virginia QB and Heisman candidate. They have at least 5 D1 players, including an offensive tackle headed for Auburn.

I watched 4 of Mitchell's games on tape and witnessed the Dyersburg game. They are the best 3-A team in West Tennessee, and the best 3-A team to come out of Memphis in several years. Mitchell has very good size (equal to Haywood), excellent speed, and 19 seniors--they have been pointing for this year, since Dyersburg beat them last season in the playoffs. They have clearly the best set of receivers in West Tennessee as well.

Prediction? Dry field and good weather--Mitchell--38; Haywood-13

I'm not underestimating the Tomcat "D" ! Seen it twice already this year ! I sincerely hope that you are correct ! But ................ I HAVE to agree with Augielio ! How can you call 40 - 31 a "RUNAWAY" ! Granted Haywood has a "salty" defense. But I still question whether they have faced an athlete that touches the ball every snap that is as dangerous as Torry.... not to metion a stable full of athletes to complement that talent ! As I said, I am pulling for Haywood, as they are a 7-3A team & eliminated our Choctaws last Friday night, but were I you I wouldn't underestimate Mitchell by stating that the 'Cats have faced "speed" all year either ! Best that the Tomcat secondary prepares for an "air raid" & even if they can defend the pass there are other weapons of concern ! Best of luck to Haywood!

I'm not underestimating the Tomcat "D" ! Seen it twice already this year ! I sincerely hope that you are correct ! But ................ I HAVE to agree with Augielio ! How can you call 40 - 31 a "RUNAWAY" ! Granted Haywood has a "salty" defense. But I still question whether they have faced an athlete that touches the ball every snap that is as dangerous as Torry.... not to metion a stable full of athletes to complement that talent ! As I said, I am pulling for Haywood, as they are a 7-3A team & eliminated our Choctaws last Friday night, but were I you I wouldn't underestimate Mitchell by stating that the 'Cats have faced "speed" all year either ! Best that the Tomcat secondary prepares for an "air raid" & even if they can defend the pass there are other weapons of concern ! Best of luck to Haywood!

Steve--and Haywood fans--I did not intend to imply that I was pulling for Mitchell. I would lik to see Haywood win--7 3-A solidarity. I just don't think it's in the cards. Incidentally, Torry is a point guard on the basketball team and is in line for a basketball scholarship if he choose to go that way.

i will not be at this weeks game... but i will make a prediction. i noticed that Mitchell beat Dyersburg by 11 points but i would agree that Mitchell "ran away with it" they were 7 scores from 7 offensive series. 500 yards of offense from one kid /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> what is your definition of dominating.

haywood will only need to score "half of 31"

i see haywood playing power football on offense to keep the ball away from Mitchell. and that strong d will slow him down a little.

Haywood- 21

mitchel- 13

AGREED " AIR RAID" , ALTHO ILL BE PULLING FOR OUR REGION 7-3A FOE TOMCATS TO WIN AND I WILL BE THERE !! GO TOMCATS !!!!!!!!!!!!