Bolivar at David Lipscomb

Bolivar is huge up front...I think their O-line averages around 280 if all the starters are healthy. Their backs are big guys, too, both weighing well over 200 but can move pretty well. Don't have much of a passing game to speak of. The QB, Jason Overton, has a pretty good arm but hasn't been too consistent this year. They have a decent kicker, Hank Grantham, who could get them 3 in the red zone if a drive stalls out.

Not sure how big Lipscomb is up front, but I could see Bolivar giving them some problems on the line. Bolivar has a DE, Jonathan Armour, who is kind of small for the position but is super quick and has racked up double digits in sacks and over 100 tackles.

I think Bolivar is better than most people from Middle TN seem to be giving them credit for. But I also don't think they, as a program, are ready to win this game. Lipscomb is Lipscomb for a reason. It takes a few trips and games against teams like a Lipscomb to start competing with them, and Bolivar is not there yet. Plus, Lipscomb will execute as well or better than anyone that Bolivar has played this season. I haven't seen DL play often, but they just don't make many fundamental mistakes.

Get used to seeing Bolivar this deep into the playoffs, though. Coach Perry has done a great job building that program and is now getting some of the better athletes in the school out to play. I think they're on the verge of becoming one of West TN's best 3A programs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been trying to find information on Bolivar Central on the internet and the newspapers. Its hard to believe that there is so little out there considering they are a team that is playing in the quarterfinal game in the TSSAA Playoffs. The School Site was virtually empty of any decent information. No team pictures, listing of coaches, stats. However, we were still able to build a Bolivar Central page in our Scouting Report section of The Mustangfanpage.

We will announce when Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring the Tigers and the Mustangs have been posted. Stay tuned.

If anybody knows where we can get a team picture online or some other info on them please let us know.

Bolivar Central is a team that I really believe SHOULD HAVE finished at #4 in Region 6-3A when the regular season was finished. The Tigers got the luxury of beating a McNairy Central squad that was without their starting QB when they played Bolivar early in the year. The Bobcats finished the year at 8-2 and crushed region champs Fayette Ware. They may have been the best team in Region 6-3A at year's end but they unfortunately had to play David Lipscomb right off the bat to open the playoffs. That could cool down any red hot team out there. Bolivar Central opened the playoffs at Giles Co. It was a great matchup for the Tigers because they were familiar with Giles seeing as how they played them in the first round of the playoffs last year. In that game Bolivar just lined up and ran off tackle all night long and Giles was never able to stop the Tigers rushing attack. Last week Bolivar Central again got a luxury because they played an overrated Fayette Ware team in the second round of the playoffs. I don't know if Robert Freeman played for FW in that game because he got hurt the week before in the game against Cheatham Co. That right there limited Fayette Ware offensively and Bolivar took full advantage of the Wildcats inability to really stop anyone on defense. The Tigers rolled by them.

THIS WILL BE BOLIVAR CENTRAL'S 1ST LOOK AT THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS!!!!!!

Almost every time David Lipscomb sees a team for the first time they seem to have their way with them. Look at 2003 against Alcoa when they beat them 55-6. Look at 2005 against Cheatham Co. when they beat them 34-7. Look at 2006 against Giles Co. when they beat them 28-3. Look at this year against Marshall Co. when they beat them 49-13. Now look at how teams improve the second time that they see DL within a year. Alcoa beat them in the playoff rematch 35-14. Cheatham Co. lost 13-3. Giles Co. lost 21-14. Marshall Co. lost 32-14 (it was 22-14 in the third quarter).

Bolivar only has one opportunity to play David Lipscomb and unfortunately I believe they will be overwhelmed by the environment of playing a Quarterfinal Round Playoff Game at the Complex. I believe that the "Mustang Mystique" will overcome the Tigers in this one and they'll exit the playoffs this week. David Lipscomb is always very good but they are SUPER GOOD when they play teams for the first time.

Mustangs: 35

Tigers: 7

Bolivar Central is a team that I really believe SHOULD HAVE finished at #4 in Region 6-3A when the regular season was finished. The Tigers got the luxury of beating a McNairy Central squad that was without their starting QB when they played Bolivar early in the year. The Bobcats finished the year at 8-2 and crushed region champs Fayette Ware. They may have been the best team in Region 6-3A at year's end but they unfortunately had to play David Lipscomb right off the bat to open the playoffs. That could cool down any red hot team out there. Bolivar Central opened the playoffs at Giles Co. It was a great matchup for the Tigers because they were familiar with Giles seeing as how they played them in the first round of the playoffs last year. In that game Bolivar just lined up and ran off tackle all night long and Giles was never able to stop the Tigers rushing attack. Last week Bolivar Central again got a luxury because they played an overrated Fayette Ware team in the second round of the playoffs. I don't know if Robert Freeman played for FW in that game because he got hurt the week before in the game against Cheatham Co. That right there limited Fayette Ware offensively and Bolivar took full advantage of the Wildcats inability to really stop anyone on defense. The Tigers rolled by them.

Almost every time David Lipscomb sees a team for the first time they seem to have their way with them. Look at 2003 against Alcoa when they beat them 55-6. Look at 2005 against Cheatham Co. when they beat them 34-7. Look at 2006 against Giles Co. when they beat them 28-3. Look at this year against Marshall Co. when they beat them 49-13. Now look at how teams improve the second time that they see DL within a year. Alcoa beat them in the playoff rematch 35-14. Cheatham Co. lost 13-3. Giles Co. lost 21-14. Marshall Co. lost 32-14 (it was 22-14 in the third quarter).

Bolivar only has one opportunity to play David Lipscomb and unfortunately I believe they will be overwhelmed by the environment of playing a Quarterfinal Round Playoff Game at the Complex. I believe that the "Mustang Mystique" will overcome the Tigers in this one and they'll exit the playoffs this week. David Lipscomb is always very good but they are SUPER GOOD when they play teams for the first time.

You are right, Lipscomb does like to play an opponent for a first time in the playoffs. However, Fulton was able to make some half time adjustments and win the Championship Game last season. BC, our offer for you to join the staff of the Mustangfanpage still stands...you can still keep your radio gig with Cheatham County and your guru status here on Coach T.

IMO Bolivar was probably the second best team in region 6 behind Southiside. TheBoardGuy had them picked the win the region, and he knows West Tennessee football better than anyone. I agree with his post about Bolivar 100%. McNairy was not a better team than Bolivar. I don't know what lead to the score in the first game against FW, but I know they are a better team than that score indicated.

I watched DL play Goodpasture on t.v. and I've seen Bolivar play this year also. Bolivar is better than most people are giving them credit for, but DL is DL for a reason. Bolivar may cause some problems, but DL will be the best team they have faced and in the biggest game they have played all year. I think it'll just be to much. Give them a year or to and I think that changes.

You are right, Lipscomb does like to play an opponent for a first time in the playoffs. However, Fulton was able to make some half time adjustments and win the Championship Game last season. BC, our offer for you to join the staff of the Mustangfanpage still stands...you can still keep your radio gig with Cheatham County and your guru status here on Coach T.

I have been taking a few suggestions from folks in Ashland City and ran it by the head master at CCCHS. Following this I copied a few ideas from The Mustang Fan Page. In December myself, along with a couple of others, will be starting a Cheatham County Cubs Fan Page. We are going to stream our live Friday night broadcasts from it so that every single game can be heard LIVE on each and every Friday night throughout the fall. We will also have a weekly stat column, game previews & reviews, as well as team pictures, coaching pictures, and with some research from the Ashland City Times we'll get the history of the football program at CCCHS and post all of that past data on the site. We'll include past players and players that went on to play at the next level from Cheatham Co. High School. Our broadcasts will be saved to the website from each game so that anyone can go back through time and listen to the games for entertainment.

I would like to include the "Region 5-3A" Page that you guys have as well as your own website as another link for our viewers to look at while browsing the site. I also would like to add websites such as the TSSAA, Murphy Fair, CoachT, etc. The first thing we will do with the site is to make a football preview for the 2008 season talking about the Cheatham County Cubs as well as Region 5-3A as a whole. We want to provide player info from all of the teams, statistics for the returning players, coaching records, past region success and playoff success, and much much more.

Our fans have cried for support for this football program at CCCHS and I believe that they deserve first class type of stuff. I am tired of seeing all of the local media outlets treat Cheatham Co. Cubs athletics like "the red headed step child" of the county. I AM NOW DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

That's why I would love to get some action shots that David Lipscomb does during their games on Friday nights. I want the viewers to be able to go in and look at some pictures from Cubs stars of past years as well as the current stars on Friday nights. This project will likely take a few months to complete and turn into a success but as soon as it is complete and ready to go then I will get you all of the info that you guys need if you'd like to view the finished product later down the line.

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU OVER AT DAVID LIPSCOMB FOR THE WAY THAT YOU ALL ARE FIRST CLASS TYPES OF PEOPLE!!!!! WE WISH YOU GUYS NOTHING BUT THE VERY BEST & WILL DEFINATELY BE SITTING & ROOTING FOR THE PURPLE & GOLD IF THE MUSTANGS ADVANCE ALL THE WAY TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I WAS AT THE BOLIVAR CENTRAL/MCNAIRY GAME AND I BELEIVE THAT THEIR STARTING QB WAS IN THE GAME.BESIDES MCNAIRY WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE HAVE A GREAT RUN GAME,BUT BOLIVAR SHUT THEM DOWN.I DON'T KNOW HOW BOLIVAR WILL MATCH UP WITH DL,BUT IF BOLIVAR PLAYS LIKE THEY CAN IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME.

I have been taking a few suggestions from folks in Ashland City and ran it by the head master at CCCHS. Following this I copied a few ideas from The Mustang Fan Page. In December myself, along with a couple of others, will be starting a Cheatham County Cubs Fan Page. We are going to stream our live Friday night broadcasts from it so that every single game can be heard LIVE on each and every Friday night throughout the fall. We will also have a weekly stat column, game previews & reviews, as well as team pictures, coaching pictures, and with some research from the Ashland City Times we'll get the history of the football program at CCCHS and post all of that past data on the site. We'll include past players and players that went on to play at the next level from Cheatham Co. High School. Our broadcasts will be saved to the website from each game so that anyone can go back through time and listen to the games for entertainment.

I would like to include the "Region 5-3A" Page that you guys have as well as your own website as another link for our viewers to look at while browsing the site. I also would like to add websites such as the TSSAA, Murphy Fair, CoachT, etc. The first thing we will do with the site is to make a football preview for the 2008 season talking about the Cheatham County Cubs as well as Region 5-3A as a whole. We want to provide player info from all of the teams, statistics for the returning players, coaching records, past region success and playoff success, and much much more.

Our fans have cried for support for this football program at CCCHS and I believe that they deserve first class type of stuff. I am tired of seeing all of the local media outlets treat Cheatham Co. Cubs athletics like "the red headed step child" of the county. I AM NOW DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

That's why I would love to get some action shots that David Lipscomb does during their games on Friday nights. I want the viewers to be able to go in and look at some pictures from Cubs stars of past years as well as the current stars on Friday nights. This project will likely take a few months to complete and turn into a success but as soon as it is complete and ready to go then I will get you all of the info that you guys need if you'd like to view the finished product later down the line.

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU OVER AT DAVID LIPSCOMB FOR THE WAY THAT YOU ALL ARE FIRST CLASS TYPES OF PEOPLE!!!!! WE WISH YOU GUYS NOTHING BUT THE VERY BEST & WILL DEFINATELY BE SITTING & ROOTING FOR THE PURPLE & GOLD IF THE MUSTANGS ADVANCE ALL THE WAY TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am so glad that you guys are doing a fanpage. I wished everyone would do one. I think it would be a great service for all schools, as a matter of fact I'll have a little column talking about the lack of web presence on the Mustangfanpage this weekend in a new section called the Lipscomb Lizard Lounge. As we speak I am copying the 05 regular season and playoff game pictures and the 2006 game as well. The 07 game should be on the internet on a slideshow. Anything I can do to be of assistance to you and your website, please let me know. Good Luck with your site, it sounds exciting and I know the Cub fans will enjoy it. (be sure to throw in some humor) Are you coming Friday Night, or how do you want to get the pics?

I am so glad that you guys are doing a fanpage. I wished everyone would do one. I think it would be a great service for all schools, as a matter of fact I'll have a little column talking about the lack of web presence on the Mustangfanpage this weekend in a new section called the Lipscomb Lizard Lounge. As we speak I am copying the 05 regular season and playoff game pictures and the 2006 game as well. The 07 game should be on the internet on a slideshow. Anything I can do to be of assistance to you and your website, please let me know. Good Luck with your site, it sounds exciting and I know the Cub fans will enjoy it. (be sure to throw in some humor) Are you coming Friday Night, or how do you want to get the pics?

Friday we will be at the game between White House & Pearl Cohn.

If you guys win this week then you'll be in west-TN next week playing either Mitchell or Haywood. Chances are that I will not be there either.

If you guys get to Murfreesboro & I HOPE THAT YOU DO then I may remind you during the week and I'll try and pick up the pics from you out there if I can do so.

Otherwise I may get them picked up at the "All Region Banquet" if you'll be attending that this postseason. It's at Lipscomb again this year I believe.

If you need anything just shoot me an e-mail at jjackson17@apmail.apsu.edu and I'll be more than happy to respond. Also if you'd like you may get my phone number from your SID (who might I add is the real guru) and give me a call.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH & BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS THIS WEEKEND. HAVE A VERY GOOD THANKSGIVING!!!!

Friday we will be at the game between White House & Pearl Cohn.

If you guys win this week then you'll be in west-TN next week playing either Mitchell or Haywood. Chances are that I will not be there either.

If you guys get to Murfreesboro & I HOPE THAT YOU DO then I may remind you during the week and I'll try and pick up the pics from you out there if I can do so.

Otherwise I may get them picked up at the "All Region Banquet" if you'll be attending that this postseason. It's at Lipscomb again this year I believe.

If you need anything just shoot me an e-mail at jjackson17@apmail.apsu.edu and I'll be more than happy to respond. Also if you'd like you may get my phone number from your SID (who might I add is the real guru) and give me a call.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH & BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS THIS WEEKEND. HAVE A VERY GOOD THANKSGIVING!!!!

Your attending the region banquet is a real steal. The Banquet has usually been closed to only players and the coaches. You must be in tall cotton to be able to pull that off. The only reason I got to go was to take pictures and put them up on the web so the guys could download them. I'll email you.

Vandy 1-assuming you to still be Bayron Binkley--contact me for info about Bolivar and Mitchell.

Have seen them both several times--in person and on tape. I worked with you at Dyersburg game last year, but we, unfortunately, are out. Mitchell will pose a very real threat to Lipscomb. I sent you E-mail but have not received a reply. Try the E-mail route first.