HUNTINGDON -

H-TOWN POSSY

Pratt???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....you are a funny funny kid. With H-Town moving to small ball in 2009 I don't think any big name coaches will be lining up for the job /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Small Ball? Lions4Ever You Terd. Small Ball? I'm Personally Trying to Lead A Breeding Frenzy To Up Our Attendance So We Can Return To 2A. But Small Ball? Dang That Hurts To Read. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pratt???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....you are a funny funny kid. With H-Town moving to small ball in 2009 I don't think any big name coaches will be lining up for the job /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

First of all, Mansfield is STILL the coach at Huntingdon and this is all speculation. He has NOT announced his retirement from coaching from Huntingdon. This same thread was started a few years ago and nothing happened and Mike is still the coach.

Lions4Ever... When Swensen left for Hickman County I think you would be surprised at the head coaches that applied to become an assistant at Huntingdon. Lots of manuvering to become a coach at any school. Some want to coach and also become Principal so they can increase their retirement. Some inquired about the job to become an assistant with the possibility to move into Mansfield's head coaching position when he did decide to leave. If the powers to be decide to play small ball next reclassification, that won't stop any coach from wanting to come to Huntingdon.

LuDawg said in another thread that moving from HC to Huntingdon would be a lateral move for Swensen. Apparently he doesn't know a whole lot about football or the history of Huntingdon football. Huntingdon has a "Modern Era" record of 553-267-15.. This is the record dating from 1930 when all records are documented. Been playing here before 1918 because we have a team photo on file of the 1918 team. Huntingdon has been where HC is now for a long time.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Feel good about your team and being able to play against GP tonight. Please don't put Huntingdon down because we got put out by a good Milan team.

Mansfield is still the Head coach and any talk on here is speculation. Good luck to HC tonight.

When Mansfield retires either Swenson or KEVIN WARD will get the job.

When and if the Huntingdon job comes open they will be able to get a conversation with any coach they wish and a majority will be interested.

Facilities, support, tradition. Classification falls in line somewhere behind these.

Coaches want to be somewhere they have a chance to win. Huntingdon more than qualifies.

Coach Mansfield is still the coach of the Mustangs. Let him announce his retirement, not CoachT message board. When Coach Mansfield retires a "Johnny come lately" will not be the coach at Huntingdon, it will be a quality coach.

I would think Kent Jones and Larry Logan will retire before Mansfield. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I dont know about that, but I have heard from a pretty good source that he would take it if offered. Like others have said its all conjecture at this point.

With the program that he's built,he wouldnt leave.The school board would pay whatever he wanted.Plus he's got all his girls in school.200 more kids than huntingdon would make a difference.He has just now got the big kids out of band and onto the football field.

I dont know about that, but I have heard from a pretty good source that he would take it if offered. Like others have said its all conjecture at this point.

That won't happen and I think we all know it...now as much as it pains me to say it, it wouldn't surprise me to hear of him looking at the jobs now available at his other alma mater...Lambuth. But hopefully for us Lion faithful, he feels like he still has more to accomplish in Benton co.