best home court advantage in east tn

orangecrush08

Well who has the best home court advantage in east TN?

Interesting post. In my opinion either DB or Science Hill has the best student sections. Students are actually cheering along with whatever action is taking place on the court at the time. Not promoting one player over the entire team or acting like a bunch of rednecks. Both schools are class acts. Another close one would be TN High. Students get involved but don't insult the visiting team or parents. Other good choices are Daniel Boone and Gate City.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting post. In my opinion either DB or Science Hill has the best student sections. Students are actually cheering along with whatever action is taking place on the court at the time. Not promoting one player over the entire team or acting like a bunch of rednecks. Both schools are class acts. Another close one would be TN High. Students get involved but don't insult the visiting team or parents. Other good choices are Daniel Boone and Gate City.

The question was what teams have the best home court advantage, not which teams have the "classiest" fans. If you are going on how much of an impact the fans play in the game then two of the top places that are tough to play are Science Hill and Sullivan Central, no place else really compares (last time Sullivan Central played at SH they actually did the "white out"). If you are talking about the gyms themselves making a difference then it is Sullivan East and TN High. East because there is so much room behind the baskets it makes it tough for visiting opponents to judge their shots and TN High because it is such a big place that it is hard to fill it up and it makes for almost a "scrimmage" type atmosphere if you are not used to it.

You mentioned Gate City and it is a tough place to play, but it is not in East TN. As for Boone, they don't have much of a fan section. Central has more students running around in the halls than Boone has in their entire student section.

The question was what teams have the best home court advantage, not which teams have the "classiest" fans. If you are going on how much of an impact the fans play in the game then two of the top places that are tough to play are Science Hill and Sullivan Central, no place else really compares (last time Sullivan Central played at SH they actually did the "white out"). If you are talking about the gyms themselves making a difference then it is Sullivan East and TN High. East because there is so much room behind the baskets it makes it tough for visiting opponents to judge their shots and TN High because it is such a big place that it is hard to fill it up and it makes for almost a "scrimmage" type atmosphere if you are not used to it.

You mentioned Gate City and it is a tough place to play, but it is not in East TN. As for Boone, they don't have much of a fan section. Central has more students running around in the halls than Boone has in their entire student section.

i heard tn high is one of the best. i had a chance to go there a two years ago with clinton and we lost but it was close i think dont remember... kinda regretted not going

Carter High school has a great student section. Every home game has a theme. For example, I went to the Carter vs. Jeff. Co. game last year when all the students dressed up in suits. Then the following game all the students painted their hands and face green, and wore all black to resemble the Blue Man group except with green. The gym is loud and the students actually do cheers at the appropriate times unlike some other schools. Its impressive to watch especially against a rival such as Seymour or Gibbs. But every home game is a nightmare for other schools just because it feels like the whole gym is against you from warm-ups to the end of the game like it should be.

Perhaps you overlooked the first 2 sentences in my post where I stated that either DB or Science Hill have the BEST student sections. I think that addressed your QUESTION as you stated it. I still say the impact of fans is minimal in most arenas in this area. Now if you do consider Cosby, the fans there DO impact the game due to the size of the facility. I think you are off the mark on the Boone student section. In my attendance of their games, the student section is full and very vocal. As teams win more games the student sections seem to increase which is a normal curve I would think. Coach Witcher at TN high definitely has his student section behind him. Those are the best in my book. Classy is just icing on the cake.

clinton used to be a tough place to play, of course that was when they had better teams. not very intimidating anymore. loudon is definitely a tough place to play! it's a great atmopshere for high school bball. catholic is right up there. when their students chose to show up, they show up in full force. Oliver springs is a great place to play. the fans are right there on the court, and the gym gets really loud because of its size!

I would have to say Tennessee High has the best in NET. The student section is wild and gives any oppenent fits. Just ask DB and SHHS about districts last year /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> . One other thing I might add is that they are respectful in doing so. They are not like the Central fans who try to start fights with opposing fans after the game. THS is the best and is doing so in a very respectful manner. So in case you havent picked up on it lol...I say THS