L.C. Falcon Football 2008

FlyingFalconMom

I don't believe that there will be very little if any drop-off on next years team, while we will really miss Matt Moran with his leadership and others on defense, I believe that our defense will be as good or better as some of the juniors on this years team will only get bigger and faster by next year and we will have some of the younger kids step in and fill in the holes. Offensively we lose most of the starters there but if the kids that are coming in work hard we will get better as the season goes along. We have some good kids coming back and if they work hard in the off season we will be ok next year. When you look at the rosters of all the people that we play, ( Tullahoma, Riverdale, Cookeville, Coffee Co. and others,) everybody lost a ton of seniors so it should even out. One thing that i hate is right now the way it looks we may lose playing Hazel Green next year because the schedules just won't let it happen unless something changes. That game was almost like a home game for both teams because we are so close to each other, especially considering the alternative of having to travel so far to some of the places that we have to travel to in the past.

Hate to hear that about possibly dropping Hazel Green....that game has all the makings for a great interstate rivalry with great crowds. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you are talking about "Get to answer MY quarterback WHO ARE YOU?" I didn't bash anyone either. So I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you upset because I am the only one that says things when everyone else just whispers them up in the stands? These things are not just from one mouth, but many mnay mouths. I have never bashed anyone. I may have said that I felt someone else was better at a position than someone else, that isn't bashing, it is my OPINION. I am allowed to have one. I hate to tell you, but you WILL hear that every day somewhere at work, or in college, for the rest of your LIFE. There is someone better than me doing something and it doesn't bother me...its life. Talk about it...doesn't bother me...water off a duck's back.

Well i dont know know what you do, dont really care, but when there was somebody better than us as a position we were taught to work harder to be the best, we had too or we didnt play. Also, talking about this team is like talking about my family. Wouldnt you be a tad ticked off if somebody got online and talked about yours?

Ma'am, perhaps if you taught your son to stand on his own two feet and be the leader, you wouldnt have to come onto a website as an annonymous poster and show him exactly what he shouldnt be doing. Not much of an example you have given him.

How in the world do you think coming on here and talking negatively of a great program is going to build the school pride you say you want your son's school to have?

You are being one of the crowd of nay sayers of parents who's kids are sitting the bench. Every team has them. I hope your son doesnt know you have this screenname on coachT and if he does, I bet he hasnt told anyone. I'm sure he would be quite embarrassed.

And understand this, mommy cant fix everything wrong in their childs world, nor should they. Learning to handle the tough stuff is what makes a boy into a man. That has nothing to do with playing time in a game. And further more, school pride means EXACTLY being part of the crowd, a crowd that has come together for a common cause. It does not mean being the whinner standing alone complaining like you are. You have shown no understanding of the concept TEAM. Your son was part of a team, and could have contributed much even as a non playing part. Did he? who knows, and at this point who cares. You have shown of what blood and character he comes from.

And not to step on any LC toes, you had a great season, and some good players, but ma'am, the "lot" and the "ton" of talent you say this team possessed is obsurd. You had some good average and hard working players. You had a few more that were a little better than that. Go see some HS games in Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and California. You will see what a ton of talent really is and you will understand why with what you had to work with, Coach T did an amazing job at the helm.

ENOUGH SAID.

I never even mentioned my son in these posts. My son supported his team like the man he is. I never mentioned anything to Coach T about him playing. ENOUGH SAID about that. You live in some sort of dream world there if you think I am the ONLY one saying these things. I stand and cheer in the crowd just like the few that are there. Where are the days when the stands were full?? That should be enough said. Not ONE game where the stands full, not ONE.

When I was in high school our stands were always full, losing or winning. We were small, but there was much more community and school spirit and pride. My son is very Falcon strong and knows nothing of this site or if he does, I am unaware. However, that question is mute. My opinion is my opinion. I have been in coaching for years. I have a right to my opinion. Such is that. The end. BTW. I am not the one getting pissy over an opinion. Am I hitting a nerve?

I have no idea what you are talking about "Get to answer MY quarterback WHO ARE YOU?" I didn't bash anyone either. So I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you upset because I am the only one that says things when everyone else just whispers them up in the stands? These things are not just from one mouth, but many mnay mouths. I have never bashed anyone. I may have said that I felt someone else was better at a position than someone else, that isn't bashing, it is my OPINION. I am allowed to have one. I hate to tell you, but you WILL hear that every day somewhere at work, or in college, for the rest of your LIFE. There is someone better than me doing something and it doesn't bother me...its life. Talk about it...doesn't bother me...water off a duck's back.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but I would just like to inform you what your opinion is worth. Commenting on who you think should be out there pointless, and it hurts the team. However, coming from some disgruntled mom, it is worth less than dirt. Coming from an extremely recently graduated player, I have a piece of advice. STAY OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD. WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE, AND NEITHER DO THE PLAYERS. YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO CRITICIZE COACH T. I would like to see you do better. All you do is hurt the team, so go home and keep your vituperative comments to yourself.

I never even mentioned my son in these posts. My son supported his team like the man he is. I never mentioned anything to Coach T about him playing. ENOUGH SAID about that. You live in some sort of dream world there if you think I am the ONLY one saying these things. I stand and cheer in the crowd just like the few that are there. Where are the days when the stands were full?? That should be enough said. Not ONE game where the stands full, not ONE.

When I was in high school our stands were always full, losing or winning. We were small, but there was much more community and school spirit and pride. My son is very Falcon strong and knows nothing of this site or if he does, I am unaware. However, that question is mute. My opinion is my opinion. I have been in coaching for years. I have a right to my opinion. Such is that. The end. BTW. I am not the one getting pissy over an opinion. Am I hitting a nerve?

You are not hitting a nerve, thats almost laughable. I've been out of coaching for 40 years. You have presented yourself as the perfect example of what is wrong with high school athletics these days. Dont like something? Hide and gripe and whine. OF COURSE you never said anything to Coach T. You dont have the nerve and character to do that. You come on here and hide behind a sreen name and speak out against him.

You are wrong. Your opinion is wrong. You are certainly entitled to it. I have never tried to take that away from you. I have only pointed out how wrong you are and what you are doing on this site is wrong. It seems that I have hit a nerve in you and you dont want to hear my opinion, but I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours. Mine just happens to be right.

I just went back and read your post on the smyrna LC thread again. I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. I'll tell you like I'd tell any D-lineman from some other school. You wanna come attack MY QB, you're gonna get my helmet in the soft cartilage of your knees, and they'll carry you out on a stretcher. If you wanna play, suit up and come on. GET A LIFE, GET OFF THE BOARDS, AND FOR GOD'S SAKES STOP HURTING OUR TEAM. YOU ARE A DETRIMENT AND ARE NOT WANTED, BY ANYONE HERE, OBVIOUSLY.

'MY QB, you're gonna get my helmet in the soft cartilage of your knees, and they'll carry you out on a stretcher"

wow

pure class and a perfect example of a total lack of discipline and control of this slightly below average football team that lost to region 4 last place team.

lc is not very good talent wise but anybody that has been around long enough and doesn't see the change in lc players attitude has their head in the sand.

'MY QB, you're gonna get my helmet in the soft cartilage of your knees, and they'll carry you out on a stretcher"

wow

pure class and a perfect example of a total lack of discipline and control of this slightly below average football team that lost to region 4 last place team.

lc is not very good talent wise but anybody that has been around long enough and doesn't see the change in lc players attitude has their head in the sand.

82cat I have always respected your opinion and yes Lc68 did go over the top with his post. Lc68 was a great player and is a friend of mine but this is not the way this young man conducts himself and should not be a reflection of the rest of the team. I think he and the rest of the Falcon players, past and present, are frustrated. People come on these boards and put down THEIR team and THEIR coach and they are getting really tired of it. And the worst part is some of these people are from Lincoln County and call themselves supporters of the team. The Falcons posted a 9-3 season, they won their Region, but they still get trashed on here.

But I have to ask you this, how is one player, from a past team, coming on this board and posting a message "a total lack of discipline and control"? Coach Thompson has no contorl over what people post.

And I take offense to you calling us a "slightly below average football team". This team, and this program, is a good as any in the state and you never know who is going to win on any given Friday night.

And Smyrna put us out of the playoffs, not your last place team.

82cat I have always respected your opinion and yes Lc68 did go over the top with his post. Lc68 was a great player and is a friend of mine but this is not the way this young man conducts himself and should not be a reflection of the rest of the team. I think he and the rest of the Falcon players, past and present, are frustrated. People come on these boards and put down THEIR team and THEIR coach and they are getting really tired of it. And the worst part is some of these people are from Lincoln County and call themselves supporters of the team. The Falcons posted a 9-3 season, they won their Region, but they still get trashed on here.

But I have to ask you this, how is one player, from a past team, coming on this board and posting a message "a total lack of discipline and control"? Coach Thompson has no contorl over what people post.

And I take offense to you calling us a "slightly below average football team". This team, and this program, is a good as any in the state and you never know who is going to win on any given Friday night.

And Smyrna put us out of the playoffs, not your last place team.

I think 82cat was trying to make a good point but he didn't think clearly in posting by singling out a former player as an indictment of the entire program. I also think he was referring to the loss to Blackman as the last place Region 4 team, but his failure to consider the Falcon win over a Region 4 team that beat Smyrna indicates his thinking is a bit foggy, or maybe he just can't resist the urge to talk trash.

it sure did hit a nerve

anybody that talks about purposely injuring a hs kid is way way out of line.

our qb got hurt by a lineman rolling up on his left leg after a short pass and the lineman made sure to take lets say an exagerated roll, on purpose? who knows but with statements like this it sure makes you wonder.

I have made the point people expect miracles every year and that is a burden but in my opinion as far as teams with the ability to win the state championship lc is not in that hunt at all and to expect a each year is unrealsitic.

I will say this I have been around for a long time and seen lots of lc teams and there is no question the team discipline and unity that used to be their calling card and I believe had a lot to do with their success is no longer evident.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but back in the mid to late 80's, and early 90's, before Al Gore invented the internet, ( /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) when LC was a dominant force in HS football in middle Tennessee, I don't ever recall us being that cocky and arrogant. We just got things done on the field. We didn't go around talking about teams that "weren't in the hunt", or "didn't have the ability to win a state championship", and to expect so was "unrealistic". The next team you played could be the next team to beat you. Period.

I have been pulling for Smyrna to go all the way since their win at The Pit, but I'm beginning to question that. It seems all the region 4 folk can do is put everyone else down, especially region 3. Like someone said in a post earlier this year, "All Glory is fleeting." So, when region 4's time comes for mediocrity, I hope you reap what you sow. 82 cat, I don't care how respected you are on CoachT, or in Smyrna, or wherever. You are nothing but a classless p-r-i-c-k in my book.

I am a Rod Wilks fan. I met him, talked to him, he is a class act. If I pull for Smyrna at all, it will be for him.

it sure did hit a nerve

anybody that talks about purposely injuring a hs kid is way way out of line.

our qb got hurt by a lineman rolling up on his left leg after a short pass and the lineman made sure to take lets say an exagerated roll, on purpose? who knows but with statements like this it sure makes you wonder.

I have made the point people expect miracles every year and that is a burden but in my opinion as far as teams with the ability to win the state championship lc is not in that hunt at all and to expect a each year is unrealsitic.

I will say this I have been around for a long time and seen lots of lc teams and there is no question the team discipline and unity that used to be their calling card and I believe had a lot to do with their success is no longer evident.

I beleive Lc68 was talking about taking out FlyingFalconMom, not another hs player. But, it was still over the top.

Your opinion is your opinion, I just don't happen to agree with it.

As for Lincoln County being in the hunt, WE WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE HUNT, but sometimes the hunt might end a little sooner then we want.

I think 82cat was trying to make a good point but he didn't think clearly in posting by singling out a former player as an indictment of the entire program. I also think he was referring to the loss to Blackman as the last place Region 4 team, but his failure to consider the Falcon win over a Region 4 team that beat Smyrna indicates his thinking is a bit foggy, or maybe he just can't resist the urge to talk trash.

I know I am splitting hairs here jabbo, but I believe Oakland came out on the bottom of that pile. lol