LC Football

Falcon1997

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not saying all, but there were one or two who didn't really seem to care. Now, things may have changed once they got to the locker room, but on the field, they didn't appear to be moved.

I didn't cry. It hurt, but we're not all moved the same way, and it doesn't hit us all immediately. You are over-analyzing. I know all of them by name ant talk to them almost every day. I know that this team is full of a bunch of exceptional people. And, yes, flyingfalconmom is entitled to her opinion, but it is detrimental to the team, so if she is really a supporter, she should keep it to herself. and that's that.

You never know what goes on in the heart of a person. I was near the locker room after that game, and I saw both those that were taking the loss hard and showing it, and those that seemed to be indifferent about it, but I don't know what was going on inside their minds. I know I can be hurting on the inside and most people might not know it, but if I'm alone I may brake down and cry. Just know this, no matter what I may think is wrong with Lincoln County football or even what I might think will fix any problems that MIGHT be there I WILL be there yelling at the top of my lungs for the FALCONS. I've been there for the good seasons and for the bad seasons, and I've been there when someone threatened to slap me for supporting the FALCONS. As far as FlyingFalconMom is concerned, I know the frustration of seeing your child sitting on the bench. My daughter plays softball, and the first year she played travel ball she sat on the bench alot. My wife would get so mad but I would tell her, it's the coach's call not our's. I've told our daughter, if you want to start, be so good that they can't afford to have you on the bench. One year she was starting but batting 8th or 9th and she told me she wanted to move up in the order. I said show them they need to move you up. She did and at the 2003 world series in Knoxville she hit 2 in the park homeruns in the first game we played, one was a lead off solo and the other was a 2 run homer. Do I always agree with Coach T? No, but he is the coach.

You never know what goes on in the heart of a person. I was near the locker room after that game, and I saw both those that were taking the loss hard and showing it, and those that seemed to be indifferent about it, but I don't know what was going on inside their minds. I know I can be hurting on the inside and most people might not know it, but if I'm alone I may brake down and cry. Just know this, no matter what I may think is wrong with Lincoln County football or even what I might think will fix any problems that MIGHT be there I WILL be there yelling at the top of my lungs for the FALCONS. I've been there for the good seasons and for the bad seasons, and I've been there when someone threatened to slap me for supporting the FALCONS. As far as FlyingFalconMom is concerned, I know the frustration of seeing your child sitting on the bench. My daughter plays softball, and the first year she played travel ball she sat on the bench alot. My wife would get so mad but I would tell her, it's the coach's call not our's. I've told our daughter, if you want to start, be so good that they can't afford to have you on the bench. One year she was starting but batting 8th or 9th and she told me she wanted to move up in the order. I said show them they need to move you up. She did and at the 2003 world series in Knoxville she hit 2 in the park homeruns in the first game we played, one was a lead off solo and the other was a 2 run homer. Do I always agree with Coach T? No, but he is the coach.

The things I am about to say are from a true Falcon. I played at LC and I coached there by putting things on this board you do not help any of the problems that Lincoln may or may not have. Why do people watch Jerry Springer because in my opinion it is to laugh at the people who will bash a family member or break a family apart. Lincoln County has great tradition and will always have that but if there are problems don't give other people fuel for the fire. Handle the problems in house Lincoln Co. business is Lincoln Co. business not just anyone who can get on this board.

A house divided will fall so put the efforts into getting everything back together. I am proud to be a Falcon and I will always be but I can get disgusted with all of these opinions with no effort to improve anything. Make the problems go away fix them don't just have opinions and do nothing else. Coach Thompson has and will continue to be a stable part of Lincoln Co. support him he has earned that. This from 84 in 84.

The things I am about to say are from a true Falcon. I played at LC and I coached there by putting things on this board you do not help any of the problems that Lincoln may or may not have. Why do people watch Jerry Springer because in my opinion it is to laugh at the people who will bash a family member or break a family apart. Lincoln County has great tradition and will always have that but if there are problems don't give other people fuel for the fire. Handle the problems in house Lincoln Co. business is Lincoln Co. business not just anyone who can get on this board.

A house divided will fall so put the efforts into getting everything back together. I am proud to be a Falcon and I will always be but I can get disgusted with all of these opinions with no effort to improve anything. Make the problems go away fix them don't just have opinions and do nothing else. Coach Thompson has and will continue to be a stable part of Lincoln Co. support him he has earned that. This from 84 in 84.

When I first starting posting on coacht I was more critical of coaching than I should have been - I learned that trying to have an open discussion on this board that's critical of the program while remaining anonymous is far more damaging to the program than any imagined benefit. If a person has a gripe about the program, the person to talk to is the coach because he's the one that can do something positive about it - anonymous people on this board can't do squat other than cheer "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" Nothing good will come from that.

When I first starting posting on coacht I was more critical of coaching than I should have been - I learned that trying to have an open discussion on this board that's critical of the program while remaining anonymous is far more damaging to the program than any imagined benefit. If a person has a gripe about the program, the person to talk to is the coach because he's the one that can do something positive about it - anonymous people on this board can't do squat other than cheer "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" Nothing good will come from that.

Good point I don't need to be anonymous and that is why I said I was 84 in 84 otherwise Don Thomas.

When are you coming home to coach, Don? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have a good job and I am very happy with the players that I have. I just want Lincoln County to be as good as they can be and put everything together. They did win 9 games this year and that is something that alot of teams dream about. By the way this is not my screen name nor do I have one but I thought it was very important to show my support for the program and for Coach Thompson so I borrowed it from a friend.