Can Schockley turn it around for dc

KITTY

Be easy,now.

Good things come to those who wait.

Build one brick at a time.

You are looking for the cornerstone event. That will come when you least expect it.

I never said we would win or lose i am not saying that game that can turn around the program is going to be against LA. I am just saying LA will be the best game we have played and i look for it to be less than what people think Schockley knows what he is going up against and knows what it takes to turn somthing around and everyone should know that it is not going to have instant results but i am going out a limb and say dekalb finshes 5th or better when it is all said and done. Heart takes a team along way and every person with basketball sense or anykind knows that from what i have seen read and heard dekalb plays with the most heart i havent seen LA yet but thats it there are several teams that have better talent, but i havent seen a team with as much heart and determination.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for DC playing "there best game" against LA. From what the box score says DC scored 2....points in the 1st period, 10 total in the first half. I agree with "jimbo" the moment everyone is wanting so bad might come when you least expect. And it is never a good idea to make a "guarantee" over something you don't have personal control over.

From what I saw last night, Dekalb does play better and more under control. They do play harder and with a desire. But Kitty, "HEART" does not get you wins in the toughest district in the state and does not get you a fifth place finish. Keep living on those nine lives.

Livingston played well last night, a little motivation never hurts. Just wish they could have kept the thirty point lead when Dekalb decided to press in the fourth, but that is the coaches call.

Good luck the rest of the year Lady Tigers. Keep rolling Lady Cats!!!!

I am not sure anyone wants to "bash" DC as a program or the girls that make up the team. But when people make posts that include "they will win a district game before Christmas", predicting a 5th place finish in 7AA, predicting they will play their best against LA, and that Shockley is the best coach in 7AA you open yourself up for people disagreeing strongly lol.

I am not sure anyone wants to "bash" DC as a program or the girls that make up the team. But when people make posts that include "they will win a district game before Christmas", predicting a 5th place finish in 7AA, predicting they will play their best against LA, and that Shockley is the best coach in 7AA you open yourself up for people disagreeing strongly lol.

First things first i do not believe that anyone said they would win a district game before christmas or said he was the best coach. i have said he puts girls in position to win and just ask did anyone think they would win. Now i did say that they would play there best game they didnt take me to court i still predict 5th place finsh and will stand by that.

I disagree whole heartedly with many of the comments I have read about Shockley to this point. I think he is a nice individual but have a different opinion about him as a coach. I don't think he puts the girls in a position to win and I don't think he has proven that he could do that with any of the teams he has coached in the last 10-15 years. Its not extremely difficult to coach great talent like he did at White County, but the true test of a good coach is what he can do with a team less talented. He has had opportunities to prove himself at some of his more recent stops but has done nothing to exceed expectations at any of these schools. Those teams were expected to lose, and they did just that. I wish him the best of luck and it is nice to see he has loyal followers but . . . . .

"Kiity" I hate to beat a dead horse...maybe in this case a dead cat but this was posted by you on Dec. 9th at 10:02PM post #34

most importantly DC has the best coach in this district Schockley will put those girls in position to win it is up to them to to finsh. There is not a single coach in the girls 7aa part that can do that besides Mike Shockley

Do you remember now?

heard coach schockley say somethin the other night about the girls team. secrets will be kept though, because I am a good secret keeper. Good luck DC, maybe it will happen

First things first i do not believe that anyone said they would win a district game before christmas or said he was the best coach. i have said he puts girls in position to win and just ask did anyone think they would win. Now i did say that they would play there best game they didnt take me to court i still predict 5th place finsh and will stand by that.

obviously you did...

I disagree whole heartedly with many of the comments I have read about Shockley to this point. I think he is a nice individual but have a different opinion about him as a coach. I don't think he puts the girls in a position to win and I don't think he has proven that he could do that with any of the teams he has coached in the last 10-15 years. Its not extremely difficult to coach great talent like he did at White County, but the true test of a good coach is what he can do with a team less talented. He has had opportunities to prove himself at some of his more recent stops but has done nothing to exceed expectations at any of these schools. Those teams were expected to lose, and they did just that. I wish him the best of luck and it is nice to see he has loyal followers but . . . . .

back in '93 C.C. vs. White County at Coffee County: it was a very "spirited " game between the fans and I will never forget this--White County won the game in the final seconds and Shockley ran on the court and pitched the C.C. crowd the bird. I have never been so mad and so amused at the same time in my life. Just wanted to share that story.

back in '93 C.C. vs. White County at Coffee County: it was a very "spirited " game between the fans and I will never forget this--White County won the game in the final seconds and Shockley ran on the court and pitched the C.C. crowd the bird. I have never been so mad and so amused at the same time in my life. Just wanted to share that story.

Well i want to share he was going through a divorce and some of the kids were heckling him so there was a reason .