Can Schockley turn it around for dc

KITTY

Well i want to share he was going through a divorce and some of the kids were heckling him so there was a reason .

I wasn't criticizing the man, it was just a funny incident. Me and my buddies still laugh about it. BUT, if you want to be that way--there is never a reason for that behavior in an authority figure. Is that also why his team choked it off that year in the state tournament?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the nera white tournament coming up does DC stand a chance and will this be where they start getting it going and realize what they can do. I have seen these girls enough to know they can succeed but they start plying not to lose than to win. They are afaird of failure, listen girls the wins will come you just have to put all the negative comments aside and believe in yourself who cares what my opinion is or anyone elses. And for poeple say its bad to say things such as Schockely is the best coach can i not have my opinion. If you dont agree with me so what maybe your right he might not be i still think he puts his girls in position to win white county or no white county he has had success at other places to not that like he did at white county but still to take a warren county team to a 20 win plus season you have to be a lititle above average to do that. But you know i may be wrong he might just be a nice individual who had a lot of talent but he has been to where many coaches never go has 400 plus acording to that smithville paper and has the respect for several coaches. But for those that think he doesnt know what he is doing or past his prime we will just have to see good luck to the lady tigers and keep play with that intensity and the wins and that streak will be over.

No one ever said that you are not entitled to your opinion....the problem is you tried to tell people that you never made that statement about shockley being the best coach. It is just weird that you would make the statement and then back away from and now say its my opinion thats all. The great thing about the forum (coachT) we have here is that people can bounce opinions (good & bad) off of each other and get people talking. DC chances in the Nera? Well, should be a decent match-up against East Robertson and if hey get to play Watertown they know they can beat them....everything else would def. be an up hill battle to win. But you have to play the games....no doubt about that.

Now that the Lady Tigers are going into the Xmas tourney 3-7 correct me if im wrong, obiously it was not the instant success we hope for. In all reality no one can just have instant success I know i have made some bold predictions so far on here because i have seen enough ball over the years to know these DC girls are closer than most people think.. But in all the games except Upperman the Lady tigers have been in the game to some what. The girls have to have confidence instead of worring how are they going to get the lead back but knowing they are going to win.

Now that the Lady Tigers are going into the Xmas tourney 3-7 correct me if im wrong, obiously it was not the instant success we hope for. In all reality no one can just have instant success I know i have made some bold predictions so far on here because i have seen enough ball over the years to know these DC girls are closer than most people think.. But in all the games except Upperman the Lady tigers have been in the game to some what. The girls have to have confidence instead of worring how are they going to get the lead back but knowing they are going to win.

Their last two losses was 6 points or less. Thats hanging tough til the buzzer. The BIG GAME will come.

Having been around 7AA for quite sometime now and seeing the Dekalb girls struggle to just score points, let alone win a game, in recent years and then having watched them play at the Nera White tournament over the past few days i have my own asessment on the team and their coach, and that is they are BY FAR the most improved TEAM in the state of Tennessee and Coach Shockley should win the 7AA Girls Coach of the Year. They compete till the last second ticks off the clock whether they are up or down, they listen to what he is telling them and lets face it Mushey is a good coach period! He has alot of talent coming up and is still very young with only one senior (correct me if i'm wrong) and mostly freshman and sophomores playing big minutes in the games and they are not only competing now they are WINNING!!!. So IMHO Dekalb Co. girls are heading in the right direction!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They have two senoirs but she doesnt play very much i dont think or she might have quit before the tournament I dont know. But I agree with you when tobit ,white, harrison, even fostor they did not play this hard .The game will come and it might be sooner than later.

Keep up the good work girls and hang in there.

• 2 weeks later...