Milan in 08

milan will win region 8 hands down and running backwards because there will be no competition for them in the region. there only competition will come from a couple out of region opponents. i predict a 10-0 regular season with a trip to the semis probaly against goodpasture. if milan can make it past them it will definitely be milan/ alcoa at the boro. and we all know who they are. i think milan's only hope or anyone's for that matter for winning the state is if alcoa moves up to 3a. what is milan's schedule for next year?

Should be the same as last year with home and away alternating. Going to GC, Camden, Dresden, and JCS. Humboldt, Trenton, Westview, Huntingdon, USJ, and homecoming Memphis team at home.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

milan will win region 8 hands down and running backwards because there will be no competition for them in the region. there only competition will come from a couple out of region opponents. i predict a 10-0 regular season with a trip to the semis probaly against goodpasture. if milan can make it past them it will definitely be milan/ alcoa at the boro. and we all know who they are. i think milan's only hope or anyone's for that matter for winning the state is if alcoa moves up to 3a. what is milan's schedule for next year?

Milan 2008 Schedule

8/29/08 - Huntingdon - Home

9/5/08 - Gibson County - Away

9/12/08 - Camden - Away

9/19/08 - Humboldt - Home

9/26/08 - BT Washington - Home

10/3/08 - USJ - Home

10/10/08 - JCS - Away

10/17/08 - Trenton - Home

10/24/08 - Dresden - Away

10/31/08 - Westview - Home

hey i just heard from an inside source today that we may be better next yr than in 03 anybody else grasp this

rod smith Mr. Football RB/FS

terricus davis MLB

daylan walker DB/WR

daniel beasley WR

ricky goff FB

george west QB

brent ramsey WR

antonio williams DE

travis white OLB

chris burke NG

bryce king G

pup johnson DT

eric coleman OLB

micah blount DE

Sam Sullivan- PK.. hit 48 yarder that year against Dresden.

This team was stacked.

A little more on Rod..

For his career he rushed for over 5,100 yards and 72 touchdowns. On defense he had a career total of 168 tackles and 14 interceptions.

I hope the 07 team can run deep but the 03 team won't be seen for a long time. Its just too many playmakers all on one team...and not just playmakers.. Gamebreakers. Anytime Rod, George, Daylan or Daniel touched the ball it could be taken to the house..and thats usually what happened. Check out the 03 Highlight tape if you haven't. Whoever made that tape did a great job. I had a chance to see it about a year ago at one of the players houses.

rod smith Mr. Football RB/FS

terricus davis MLB

daylan walker DB/WR

daniel beasley WR

ricky goff FB

george west QB

brent ramsey WR

antonio williams DE

travis white OLB

chris burke NG

bryce king G

pup johnson DT

eric coleman OLB

micah blount DE

Sam Sullivan- PK.. hit 48 yarder that year against Dresden.

This team was stacked.

A little more on Rod..

For his career he rushed for over 5,100 yards and 72 touchdowns. On defense he had a career total of 168 tackles and 14 interceptions.

I hope the 07 team can run deep but the 03 team won't be seen for a long time. Its just too many playmakers all on one team...and not just playmakers.. Gamebreakers. Anytime Rod, George, Daylan or Daniel touched the ball it could be taken to the house..and thats usually what happened. Check out the 03 Highlight tape if you haven't. Whoever made that tape did a great job. I had a chance to see it about a year ago at one of the players houses.

I am sure the 08 team will have its share of athletes. Those classes are loaded with skill players and pretty good lineman that will continue to improve. They will have at least 2/3 senior lineman and senior leadership at QB and WR/RB positions. The junior class contributed very strongly this year a few players starting and others seeing a lot of PT on the field. The upcoming sophs. have some good talent in their group as well and hopefully some will get on the field this coming year.

That being said, it will be hard for the 08 group to match the talent of 03. When we went on the road you expected to walk out a winner regardless of who you were playing. Big road wins against HC and Covington, wins at home vs. JCM and all the region. That team was so fun to watch every Friday night!!!

If this 08' team can bust their butt working on the weights in the off season they too stand a good chance to go deep. I hope it is 08' and if they play anything like the 03 team I like our chances.

hey i just heard from an inside source today that we may be better next yr than in 03 anybody else grasp this

I"ll answer that question on the Saturday after Thanksgiving next year.

Next year's sophomore, junior, and senior class will be better than this year's but a state championship will not be handed to them. Bulldog Fan #2 is right in that they will have to bust their butts in the offseason and have that focus it takes to get back to State.

I"ll answer that question on the Saturday after Thanksgiving next year.

Next year's sophomore, junior, and senior class will be better than this year's but a state championship will not be handed to them. Bulldog Fan #2 is right in that they will have to bust their butts in the offseason and have that focus it takes to get back to State.

that was the first thing i said really about it was that they needed to work really hard this offseason if they wanted a chance at a title

Bulldog Fan # 2.... Hey man, are you deaf or just didn't want to talk to a Mustang fan... Ha.. I tried my loudest to holler down at you at the SP and McKenzie game but to no avail. Did you catch the wall that SP put up on the punt return? That was a thing to see from my vantage point.

Oh yea... I listened to the Smyrna radio station on Saturday night at the game and Coach Rankin was talking about Alcoa. When he went there a few years ago they told him this would be his down year. He said his Freshmen team hadn't lost a game in 2 years and the Middle school was 15-1 with the only loss to Maryville Middle. If I'm not mistaken they only lose 8 starters on both sides of the ball and the kicker is a soph. That kid could kick. Looks like West Tennessee will have to take it a notch higher if anyone is to dethrone Alcoa..

Maryville dressed out 94 players and Alcoa had almost that many.

Bulldog Fan # 2.... Hey man, are you deaf or just didn't want to talk to a Mustang fan... Ha.. I tried my loudest to holler down at you at the SP and McKenzie game but to no avail. Did you catch the wall that SP put up on the punt return? That was a thing to see from my vantage point.

Oh yea... I listened to the Smyrna radio station on Saturday night at the game and Coach Rankin was talking about Alcoa. When he went there a few years ago they told him this would be his down year. He said his Freshmen team hadn't lost a game in 2 years and the Middle school was 15-1 with the only loss to Maryville Middle. If I'm not mistaken they only lose 8 starters on both sides of the ball and the kicker is a soph. That kid could kick. Looks like West Tennessee will have to take it a notch higher if anyone is to dethrone Alcoa..

Maryville dressed out 94 players and Alcoa had almost that many.

Sorry I missed you - Yes, my wife says I must be deaf or something about selective hearing..... All us guys know what that means.

South Pitt was incredible with their team speed. I must of missed the wall but if it was anything like the rest of the game it had to be impressive.

I heard the same interview with Rankin and our truck just fell silent. How in the world can the do this every year? I knew from looking at their full roster they didn't have many seniors but the amount of underclassmen in unreal. When I heard him say their freshmen team went undefeated against Oak Ridge, Bearden and all 4A/5A teams, it was pretty impressive. Liked the announcer talking about the Oakland job - hope he takes it.

The bar will definitely be high once you hit the Boro. Our problem here lately is just getting there /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I am already looking forward to August 08 and kicking off again. It's gonna be a long wait though. Sorry again about missing you, next time throw something at me.

Milan, and for that matter, no team other than Alcoa has a chance at winning the state title in 2A they are dominant and will continue to be. They will loose a total of 8 senoirs and 5 of them started, the sophmore freshman and eighth grade classes are some of the best football players to come through alcoa, and that is saying a lot. In middle school the freshman beat maryville 50-0 and the middle schools two year record would likely have been 16-0 had Rankin's son not fallen ill within ten minutes of kickoff in the County title game in their second contest against maryville, he was their best defensive player and top lineman not to mention the fact him going to the hospital messed with the players minds right before the game started. The only significant hole the tornadoes have will be at QB. Cobb was a great talent but Alcoa is used to replacing DI talent with more DI talent.