Sullivan South Outlook 08'

rebelfan92

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I give their grade---it's this year's grade------------

Jeffers (Jr) moves from WR to QB; wished he had received more snaps this past year, but has looked good when he was there and is expected to fill that spot well. Fletcher-Jr- (MLC-1st Team) returns at running back, Bobby Taylor-SO, along with Clint Phillips-SO, Wes Williams-SO, all have oppt. to step up in the backfield. WRs---Kitzmiller (MLC-1st Team), Seth Watterson-So, Ashton Zanonit-So, will be depended on to play well. Harless, Rasnake, and Hopkins will be missed on the OL, ---Hunter Beedle-Jr-(MLC-2nd Team) and T.J.Blanken-Jr-(MLC Hon.Mention) will anchor the OL at guard and center, with Ty Garvin-So, back at TE, along with up and coming Sophs Sam Conaway, Zach Ervin, and Jake Logue.

Defensively---The linebackers are in tact with Clint Phillips-So-(MLC 1st Team OLB) and Ty Garvin-So-(MLC 1st ILB), along with Taylor Fletcher-Jr and Bobby Taylor-So--having played well during limited time. Michael Acero-OLB graduates. Chris Collins-DE and Spencer Sandidge-Corner will be missed as they graduate, as well as Houston Martin and Curt Phillips at Safety.

Charlie Columbo-JR-(MLC Hon.Mention Corner) and Caleb Kitzmiller-Jr- will lead the def.secondary with sophomores Zanoni, Watterson, Dillon Ellis, Williams--vieing for starting positions. The Def.Line graduates (Collins, Rasnake, Harless, Fisher, Hopkins). Blanken-Jr-DE-returns --but interior line will be replaced. Punter and kicker, both, return--

Jordan Willingham-led the conf. in PATs and set school record. The keys to sucess will be replacing the QB, obviously, and replacing the Off.and Def. interior line. The juniour class brings some help, as does the soph class, who won the Region I Middle School Championship, won the MLC Freshman Championship, and played big role in winning the MLC JV Championship. The Freshman have several outstanding talents that can help at running back, def.secondary, and linebacker. These Rebels have a tradition of winning and all have excellent work ethic. Looking forward to another yr of Rebel Football!!!!!!!!!!!!

The junior class didnt win the MLC Freshman Title...If i recall Elizabethton beat them in Death Valley 14-7 buddy The only other games they lost was to DB They beat Science HIll, 7-6 Tennessee high 15-12, Johnson County got kicked out of the leauge cause they had they only had 2 Freshman that didnt play up,Sullivan East 42-14,Sullivan Central 35-20,and Unicoi 35 20 and well you all 14-7 6-1 MLC FRESHMAN CHAMPS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

South will be good next year, don't get me wrong, but no where near what they were this year. Yes, the coaching over there is good, but ultimately its the players that count. I think that Fletcher kid and Kitzmiller will be players to watch. However, next year, South won't be taking the MLC title. It will be a dog fight between THS and Johnson County. Both teams were young this year, and will loose few starters. THS looses hardly any of their offense and Johnson County looses maybe a couple starters on both sides of the ball if that. I expect South to do no worse than 3rd in the conference.As much as I love my Vikings, I have to be worried about Johnson County next year. They have been pushed around for the past couple years by South and THS and next year, I believe we both play them on the mountain which will be tough.It will be tough to tell though -- until next year!!!!

Johnson Country will not challenge for the conference title next year. They will be solid,but they are just too small. I know Greeneville had small def tackles,but Johnson County's are really smal,like what seem to be 150 lb smalll. Tenn High and South will be able to run over them. Especially with the loss of Leonard,he brought a physical mentality to their team this year,someone is going to have to fill that role. It will be Tennessee High and South again for the conference title. Elizabethton and East will both be solid,and I think next year Central turns the corner and wins about 4 games. The athletes,coaches,and teams overall in the Mountain Lakes seem to get better by the year.

When I give their grade---it's this year's grade------------

Jeffers (Jr) moves from WR to QB; wished he had received more snaps this past year, but has looked good when he was there and is expected to fill that spot well. Fletcher-Jr- (MLC-1st Team) returns at running back, Bobby Taylor-SO, along with Clint Phillips-SO, Wes Williams-SO, all have oppt. to step up in the backfield. WRs---Kitzmiller (MLC-1st Team), Seth Watterson-So, Ashton Zanonit-So, will be depended on to play well. Harless, Rasnake, and Hopkins will be missed on the OL, ---Hunter Beedle-Jr-(MLC-2nd Team) and T.J.Blanken-Jr-(MLC Hon.Mention) will anchor the OL at guard and center, with Ty Garvin-So, back at TE, along with up and coming Sophs Sam Conaway, Zach Ervin, and Jake Logue.

Defensively---The linebackers are in tact with Clint Phillips-So-(MLC 1st Team OLB) and Ty Garvin-So-(MLC 1st ILB), along with Taylor Fletcher-Jr and Bobby Taylor-So--having played well during limited time. Michael Acero-OLB graduates. Chris Collins-DE and Spencer Sandidge-Corner will be missed as they graduate, as well as Houston Martin and Curt Phillips at Safety.

Charlie Columbo-JR-(MLC Hon.Mention Corner) and Caleb Kitzmiller-Jr- will lead the def.secondary with sophomores Zanoni, Watterson, Dillon Ellis, Williams--vieing for starting positions. The Def.Line graduates (Collins, Rasnake, Harless, Fisher, Hopkins). Blanken-Jr-DE-returns --but interior line will be replaced. Punter and kicker, both, return--

Jordan Willingham-led the conf. in PATs and set school record. The keys to sucess will be replacing the QB, obviously, and replacing the Off.and Def. interior line. The juniour class brings some help, as does the soph class, who won the Region I Middle School Championship, won the MLC Freshman Championship, and played big role in winning the MLC JV Championship. The Freshman have several outstanding talents that can help at running back, def.secondary, and linebacker. These Rebels have a tradition of winning and all have excellent work ethic. Looking forward to another yr of Rebel Football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blanken will not play center in '08.

The junior class didnt win the MLC Freshman Title...If i recall Elizabethton beat them in Death Valley 14-7 buddy The only other games they lost was to DB They beat Science HIll, 7-6 Tennessee high 15-12, Johnson County got kicked out of the leauge cause they had they only had 2 Freshman that didnt play up,Sullivan East 42-14,Sullivan Central 35-20,and Unicoi 35 20 and well you all 14-7 6-1 MLC FRESHMAN CHAMPS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are you simply making a statement or are you rebutting me??

Blanken will not play center in '08.

If they can replace him.

You are correct...almost. 'Betsy won 14-7. Fletcher had 140 yds rushing that game. He had a TD called back for holding. The THS score was 35-7...Fletcher had 177 yds rushing. The others seem about right. The DB game was 42-28 I believe. Fletcher had 201 yds rushing at J. Fred. For his Frosh year Fletcher finished with just over 1100 yds rushing in 7 games with 16 TD's. You are alluding to the Junior class being weak. They lost the Middle School Championship to Holston...Fletcher had 198 yds rushing with 3 TD's. They lost the Frosh title to 'Betsy I believe. As JV'rs they were ho hum as 6 played varsity while Fletcher sat out with a broken foot. He had a 1000 yd+ campaign his 8th, Frosh and finished with 970 this year. The numbers of the current Junior class are low and their championship rating is dimished however their company is distunguished. Jeffers, Beadle, Blanken, Kitzmiller, Thomas, Neeley, and Fletcher. You will see bonified smashmouth leadership from this group. They supported Curt with quiet dignity and respect. They will be hungry to make their own mark in '08.

You are correct...almost. 'Betsy won 14-7. Fletcher had 140 yds rushing that game. He had a TD called back for holding. The THS score was 35-7...Fletcher had 177 yds rushing. The others seem about right. The DB game was 42-28 I believe. Fletcher had 201 yds rushing at J. Fred. For his Frosh year Fletcher finished with just over 1100 yds rushing in 7 games with 16 TD's. You are alluding to the Junior class being weak. They lost the Middle School Championship to Holston...Fletcher had 198 yds rushing with 3 TD's. They lost the Frosh title to 'Betsy I believe. As JV'rs they were ho hum as 6 played varsity while Fletcher sat out with a broken foot. He had a 1000 yd+ campaign his 8th, Frosh and finished with 970 this year. The numbers of the current Junior class are low and their championship rating is dimished however their company is distunguished. Jeffers, Beadle, Blanken, Kitzmiller, Thomas, Neeley, and Fletcher. You will see bonified smashmouth leadership from this group. They supported Curt with quiet dignity and respect. They will be hungry to make their own mark in '08.

I was putting Besty's Freshman scores up and i wasnt saying their junior class was weak,I was just proving that Besty has some upcoming Seniors that has been quit impresive over the years.When they was 8th graders they was expected to do nothing cause their previous 7th grade class went 1-7 but then came along Carr.They went 7-2 8th grade year beating the crap out of people.Carr had 4 200+ games and never had a game under 130.The Freshman season they took over where they left off going 6-1 and Carr only had one game under 100 yards and it was against South.The upcoming junior class is also loaded Only losing 3 games since 8th grade also.They have playmakers like Cody Forbes,Cody Anderson and Preston Intaro.This bunch will be overlooked again but i wouldnt overlook them to much this year i promise you the defense will give people heck.

I was putting Besty's Freshman scores up and i wasnt saying their junior class was weak,I was just proving that Besty has some upcoming Seniors that has been quit impresive over the years.When they was 8th graders they was expected to do nothing cause their previous 7th grade class went 1-7 but then came along Carr.They went 7-2 8th grade year beating the crap out of people.Carr had 4 200+ games and never had a game under 130.The Freshman season they took over where they left off going 6-1 and Carr only had one game under 100 yards and it was against South.The upcoming junior class is also loaded Only losing 3 games since 8th grade also.They have playmakers like Cody Forbes,Cody Anderson and Preston Intaro.This bunch will be overlooked again but i wouldnt overlook them to much this year i promise you the defense will give people heck.The offense will Carr,Forbes,Smith and Thomas will be pretty promising also. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was putting Besty's Freshman scores up and i wasnt saying their junior class was weak,I was just proving that Besty has some upcoming Seniors that has been quit impresive over the years.When they was 8th graders they was expected to do nothing cause their previous 7th grade class went 1-7 but then came along Carr.They went 7-2 8th grade year beating the crap out of people.Carr had 4 200+ games and never had a game under 130.The Freshman season they took over where they left off going 6-1 and Carr only had one game under 100 yards and it was against South.The upcoming junior class is also loaded Only losing 3 games since 8th grade also.They have playmakers like Cody Forbes,Cody Anderson and Preston Intaro.This bunch will be overlooked again but i wouldnt overlook them to much this year i promise you the defense will give people heck.I was putting Besty's Freshman scores up and i wasnt saying their junior class was weak,I was just proving that Besty has some upcoming Seniors that has been quit impresive over the years.When they was 8th graders they was expected to do nothing cause their previous 7th grade class went 1-7 but then came along Carr.They went 7-2 8th grade year beating the crap out of people.Carr had 4 200+ games and never had a game under 130.The Freshman season they took over where they left off going 6-1 and Carr only had one game under 100 yards and it was against South.The upcoming junior class is also loaded Only losing 3 games since 8th grade also.They have playmakers like Cody Forbes,Cody Anderson and Preston Intaro.This bunch will be overlooked again but i wouldnt overlook them to much this year i promise you the defense will give people heck.The offense will Carr,Forbes,Smith and Thomas will be pretty promising also. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry Madman...I misread your OP. You were giving 'Betsy scores. I thought those were South scores. They were so close to our scores...anyway...

My post on page one gives kudos to 'Betsy in '07 by saying they will be on in '08. So yes, I do feel South, THS, and EHS will be fighting for the number one spot. I haven't been that impressed with Carr however he did put up numbers so you can't dismiss history. I feel EHS's strong point will be what South had problems with in '07 and that was their line. Big and powerful. If I'm not mistaken most of it returns. Jason Whitten just seems to get better each week. If his brother has the same mentality then we're in for a shake-up.

South is loaded thru to the Frosh...but then so is THS. 269 sees J County as a player in '08...I don't see it this time. If the Vikings incorporate the Spread this year in addition to their running scheme then I see them as top shelf. Harmon is my choice. I believe Whitten's offensive expertice (or the lack of) will tell the tale for the Cyclones. It will be a power year in the MLC.

Sorry Madman...I misread your OP. You were giving 'Betsy scores. I thought those were South scores. They were so close to our scores...anyway...

My post on page one gives kudos to 'Betsy in '07 by saying they will be on in '08. So yes, I do feel South, THS, and EHS will be fighting for the number one spot. I haven't been that impressed with Carr however he did put up numbers so you can't dismiss history. I feel EHS's strong point will be what South had problems with in '07 and that was their line. Big and powerful. If I'm not mistaken most of it returns. Jason Whitten just seems to get better each week. If his brother has the same mentality then we're in for a shake-up.

South is loaded thru to the Frosh...but then so is THS. 269 sees J County as a player in '08...I don't see it this time. If the Vikings incorporate the Spread this year in addition to their running scheme then I see them as top shelf. Harmon is my choice. I believe Whitten's offensive expertice (or the lack of) will tell the tale for the Cyclones. It will be a power year in the MLC.

Harmon isnt palying i dont think i have a close friend son that goes to THS and he said that he isnt playing but who knows.People have oppions but i think Carr was pretty god when he was healthy.The games he was healthy in he was pretty good HV-138 yards SS Rebels-144 yards SN-120 Unicoi-86 on 10 carries He got hurt and tore ligments in his foot over at Science Hill.I wished he would have got to play in the Johnson County Game i promise you it would have been a different story>Brooks Price ran all over them but never had the speed to break away.Ask ole coach Atwood if he was happy when he figured out that he wasnt playing haha /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The East game limted carries cause of injury but ended up with 80 on 12 carries

You're just confusing the classes here. The previous poster was refering to the RISING Junior class, since he said they won the Region I Middle School Championship. The CURRENT Junior/Rising Senior Class did not have the opportunity to play for a Region I title. The first Region I title game was played the next season with Colonial Heights led by Seth Watterson, Aaron St. Clair, Ty Garvin, Clint Phillips, and Caleb Anderson defeated a tough Vance team led by Taylor Harmon. The current Sophomore/rising Junior class won the first Region I Middle School Championship, where as the current Junior/rising Senior class played for the Sullivan County Championship, where they were upset by a good Holston team led by Carl Roberts. The original poster IS correct though, the current RISING Junior class did win the Region I Middle School Championship, the MCL Freshman Title, and the MCL JV Title this season going undefeated.

2008 - Since that is the Thread

Both the rising Junior and rising Senior classes have a good bit of talent. The '08 Rebels will be good at QB with Jeffers, excellent at RB, very good at WR, and very good at LB. Hopefully Fletcher and B. Taylor along with Neeley will see action at LB, joining Garvin and Clint Phillips. Fletcher and B. Taylor seem to just be the type of guys that can blowup offenses and have a way of being on the ball. The '08 OL and DL have some anchors, such as Hunter Beedle (who should have been MCL 1st team) and TJ Blanken. But the OL and DL need some kids from the rising Junior class to really step in and step up. Keep eating and working Ervin. The defensive backfield will need to be improved as well, as we saw how a real passing team like Maryville can exploit coverage mistakes. Spencer Sandidge will be missed - humble young man and great coverage corner. We also trust the '08 team, like the '07 team, will be in shape and conditioned.

2007 Season - Comp, do you remember me telling you a few opinions (everyones got one) of mine early in this past season, from my sometimes different perspective (you think I was crazy?): #1 I worried about the OL and DL stepping up. I have to say they pleasantly surprised me and did much better that I thought possible. Nice work hogs. Several including Rasnake will be missed. #2 I said when the Rebs play a real passing team, we will get picked on deep. - Well, Maryville #3 I said Fletcher needs more carries. #4 I said eventually we would see athletic corners and our WRs would not get off the line and open. Well, again, Maryville. #5 I asked the question, why don't we ever go deep, especially when a team tries to cover a burner with a LB? Not everyone leaves the slot out pattern wide open like Woods and West. I do trust the Rebels learned a great deal this year and I certainly believe with hard work all these things can be improved/corrected.

All in all. we should see another great South team which sould be very balanced. It was also great to play Maryville so the boys know what it is like, and to what heights they dare to attain. Congrats on a great 2007 season Rebels. 2008 Rebels - One Question - do you feel satisfied? Hope not.

You're just confusing the classes here. The previous poster was refering to the RISING Junior class, since he said they won the Region I Middle School Championship. The CURRENT Junior/Rising Senior Class did not have the opportunity to play for a Region I title. The first Region I title game was played the next season with Colonial Heights led by Seth Watterson, Aaron St. Clair, Ty Garvin, Clint Phillips, and Caleb Anderson defeated a tough Vance team led by Taylor Harmon. The current Sophomore/rising Junior class won the first Region I Middle School Championship, where as the current Junior/rising Senior class played for the Sullivan County Championship, where they were upset by a good Holston team led by Carl Roberts. The original poster IS correct though, the current RISING Junior class did win the Region I Middle School Championship, the MCL Freshman Title, and the MCL JV Title this season going undefeated.

2008 - Since that is the Thread

Both the rising Junior and rising Senior classes have a good bit of talent. The '08 Rebels will be good at QB with Jeffers, excellent at RB, very good at WR, and very good at LB. Hopefully Fletcher and B. Taylor along with Neeley will see action at LB, joining Garvin and Clint Phillips. Fletcher and B. Taylor seem to just be the type of guys that can blowup offenses and have a way of being on the ball. The '08 OL and DL have some anchors, such as Hunter Beedle (who should have been MCL 1st team) and TJ Blanken. But the OL and DL need some kids from the rising Junior class to really step in and step up. Keep eating and working Ervin. The defensive backfield will need to be improved as well, as we saw how a real passing team like Maryville can exploit coverage mistakes. Spencer Sandidge will be missed - humble young man and great coverage corner. We also trust the '08 team, like the '07 team, will be in shape and conditioned.

2007 Season - Comp, do you remember me telling you a few opinions (everyones got one) of mine early in this past season, from my sometimes different perspective (you think I was crazy?): #1 I worried about the OL and DL stepping up. I have to say they pleasantly surprised me and did much better that I thought possible. Nice work hogs. Several including Rasnake will be missed. #2 I said when the Rebs play a real passing team, we will get picked on deep. - Well, Maryville #3 I said Fletcher needs more carries. #4 I said eventually we would see athletic corners and our WRs would not get off the line and open. Well, again, Maryville. #5 I asked the question, why don't we ever go deep, especially when a team tries to cover a burner with a LB? Not everyone leaves the slot out pattern wide open like Woods and West. I do trust the Rebels learned a great deal this year and I certainly believe with hard work all these things can be improved/corrected.

All in all. we should see another great South team which sould be very balanced. It was also great to play Maryville so the boys know what it is like, and to what heights they dare to attain. Congrats on a great 2007 season Rebels. 2008 Rebels - One Question - do you feel satisfied? Hope not.

Why we didn't run the deep route is the question of the ages. No doubt Watterson brings that ability to the table. Martin had that ability but it takes so much more than flat out speed. As witnessed by the class Maryville held. If I were coaching (Fathering) Bradley I would drill the deep route as his claim to fame...instead to be a Curt clone. We don't need him to run...we need him to go to the air. He has so little time to claim his space one would think it to be a no-brainer. Management of resources will be so much more important in '08 than '07. I condemned running from the spread as suicide. Fletcher and to a lesser degree Shanks proved it to be a successful venture. It just took a little time to acclimate to the scheme.