Dyersburg's New Head Coach

westTNFBfan

Do you guys at Dyersburg complaining about Bowling and his use of your talent not remember Obion County Central running that offense??..It was the hardest offense in Reg.7-3A to defense...BTW,the only guy that really had any success against it was the guy you are talking about taking over and that was P.A. Pratt....You did notice P.A. and his Cavaliers almost got ya'll this season??....Do you think Obion Central had superior talent when they were piling up those offensive numbers against this strong region??...Hardly...

The problem wasn't the coach..As much as you want to blame a 10-2 season(LOL) on him,you need to look at the players who DID NOT BUY INTO THE SYSTEM!!..That's a personal problem each and everyone of those players have to deal with....Those boys had to learn the system and until the last part of the season they didn't have a grasp of it....You may have to look at things why you had a kid quit after a game(Attitudes of INDIVIDUAL players will have an affect on other members of the team, sort of like a cancer)....To me the defense is what let you down in the Dyer County and Mitchell games....

The truth of the deal is Bowling is going back home...Obion County had become real close to Bowling and the folks in Union City have great respect for the man...That's not something that comes easy when you are a coach at Obion Central...The program at UC sort of had a "look down their nose" attitude about the OC program until Bowling got there and beat the Tornadoes down for 4 years straight...

The problem at Dyersburg might just be the people staring at you when you look in the mirror...

Heck of a post, P&G. ... D'burg people, upon reading it, should think long and hard about what the post is saying rather than having a knee-jerk reaction with their responses.

Most every high school program, at some point, has "outside" problems. Good, sound, moral administrations deal with those on a classy, respectful and professional level.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to coach bowling......he is a good man.......

like mickey mahon said.......come morning dhs will have a new coach, and that coach will be one of the best in the state of tennessee....

hey mg im hearing some really good news. Word is that this new coach could be bringing several top assistants from across the state..Dont know of his decision yet though

ADMOM...IT is gonna take SOMEONE WITH SOME AWFUL BIG BRITCHES TO FEEL THAT JOB AT DYERSBURG.....And the thing of it is....YOU BETTER WATCH DYER COUNTY NEXT YEAR...Used to be 4 players in the REGION....DHS, Crockett County...HAYWOOD and COVINGTON....

THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED AT DYER COUNTY...GUARANTEE YOU ...THEY WILL BE SOLID AS A ROCK NEXT YEAR...THEY ONLY LOSE 1 starter on the o-line....I know they lose BA, Hunter, EB, J-TRAIN, Windle, your Son...BLAKE OLIVER the OLDEST KING KID...BUT THEY ARE GONNA BE GOOD....

BOWLING WILL WIN AT UC....10-2 and people were complaining....There was NO GOLD BALL OR SILVER BALL IN THE TROPHY CASE...WE JUST GOT BEAT BY A BETTER TEAM THAT NIGHT....

Things are fixing to get VERY INTERESTING.....

ADMOM...IT is gonna take SOMEONE WITH SOME AWFUL BIG BRITCHES TO FEEL THAT JOB AT DYERSBURG.....And the thing of it is....YOU BETTER WATCH DYER COUNTY NEXT YEAR...Used to be 4 players in the REGION....DHS, Crockett County...HAYWOOD and COVINGTON....

THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED AT DYER COUNTY...GUARANTEE YOU ...THEY WILL BE SOLID AS A ROCK NEXT YEAR...THEY ONLY LOSE 1 starter on the o-line....I know they lose BA, Hunter, EB, J-TRAIN, Windle, your Son...BLAKE OLIVER the OLDEST KING KID...BUT THEY ARE GONNA BE GOOD....

BOWLING WILL WIN AT UC....10-2 and people were complaining....There was NO GOLD BALL OR SILVER BALL IN THE TROPHY CASE...WE JUST GOT BEAT BY A BETTER TEAM THAT NIGHT....

Things are fixing to get VERY INTERESTING.....

As good as you say DC will be in the future consider this,Union City beat both the DC freshmen and JV squad this year...That is what Bowling has to look forward to at Union City....

Oh...And just got beat by the Dyersburg JV squad 13-8 with UC inside the D-Burg 10 twice in the last minute and a half of the game....UC probably had 25 on the sideline and D-Burg had close to 40

coach bowling is a good man.......and people do not need to throw rocks at him......

however, fact is bowling was not happy and he had to do what he thought was right.......yes, you had some vocal fans that were unhappy, but you have that in every program....just last year people were calling for adam renshaw's resignation at dyer county.....one year later he wins one of the toughest regions in the state....one year he could not be a street sweeper; now he could be mayor of newbern......

anyway, coach bowling's departure has awakened some long time DHS supporters who have been asleep and complacent in the last five years.....the grass at dhs is about to get green....in more ways than one .............

KNOCKA8, to answer your question, the rumors you are hearing at MTSU are true.............the top three assistant positions all have some very, very, good credentials......

Well Jack Eddie...Bet Dyersburg KNOWS by Wednesday....And I bet that IT WILL BE A SHOCK TO NO ONE WHEN THE NEW COACH IS ANNOUNCED.....( Have a STRONG HUNCH that a LOT of FANS ARE GONNA GET THEIR WISH)...... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Here's a little hint...IT WON"T BE THE FIRST TIME THAT NAME HAS BEEN CALLED AT THE SCHOOL....Hide and watch...

As good as you say DC will be in the future consider this,Union City beat both the DC freshmen and JV squad this year...That is what Bowling has to look forward to at Union City....

Oh...And just got beat by the Dyersburg JV squad 13-8 with UC inside the D-Burg 10 twice in the last minute and a half of the game....UC probably had 25 on the sideline and D-Burg had close to 40

D.C. will be returniing several starters not to mention the kids that got playing time this last year ! So the Freshman team & J.V. squad WILL have some help ! Not to mention the fact that the class coming out of Northview has some impact players (some in skilled positions) that will be a factor by their sophomore year! Likely a Q.B. starting as a soph. after Peyton Lucas graduates. I hear on good accord that that kid is special ! So YES the future DOES look bright @ D.C. !

If I'm reading between the lines, like I think I am (in StevieRayVol's post) You can throw out ANY success against the Trojan Frosh and/or JV team last year. Cause the past WON'T matter (not that it ever really did). Hey "Stevie" guess what we talked about about Friday must've been wrong if I'm reading what I think I am ! Still a lot of "x-factors" even if it is true. No doubt he's a great coach, but variables (talent lost to graduation) as well as others have a bearing. IF it is who I think it is though, one things certain .......... anybody that wants to complain about how he runs his program can "come & get 'em some" cause it WILL be HIS program ! Hope they are ready for that ! Cause IMO it'll be a "rude awakening" for some of the kids. Others already know what will be coming ! If I'm correct in my way of thinkin' on this one ! Good luck Trojans & Trojan fans / supporters ! Hope you get what you want ! But if you do ........... I wouldn't badmouth this one (like some did Coach Bowling) if (and I don't for one minute think or wish that it would be this way, I support the Trojans .... save for one Friday night a year) EVEN if the Trojans end up 1 - 9 !Cause if it's who I think it is he WILL NOT TOLERATE it !

D.C. will be returniing several starters not to mention the kids that got playing time this last year ! So the Freshman team & J.V. squad WILL have some help ! Not to mention the fact that the class coming out of Northview has some impact players (some in skilled positions) that will be a factor by their sophomore year! Likely a Q.B. starting as a soph. after Peyton Lucas graduates. I hear on good accord that that kid is special ! So YES the future DOES look bright @ D.C. !

Northview also has a 7th grader that made All Conference Wide Receiver, who also can play QB. So yes indeed the future does look bright.

If I'm reading between the lines, like I think I am (in StevieRayVol's post) You can throw out ANY success against the Trojan Frosh and/or JV team last year. Cause the past WON'T matter (not that it ever really did). Hey "Stevie" guess what we talked about about Friday must've been wrong if I'm reading what I think I am ! Still a lot of "x-factors" even if it is true. No doubt he's a great coach, but variables (talent lost to graduation) as well as others have a bearing. IF it is who I think it is though, one things certain .......... anybody that wants to complain about how he runs his program can "come & get 'em some" cause it WILL be HIS program ! Hope they are ready for that ! Cause IMO it'll be a "rude awakening" for some of the kids. Others already know what will be coming ! If I'm correct in my way of thinkin' on this one ! Good luck Trojans & Trojan fans / supporters ! Hope you get what you want ! But if you do ........... I wouldn't badmouth this one (like some did Coach Bowling) if (and I don't for one minute think or wish that it would be this way, I support the Trojans .... save for one Friday night a year) EVEN if the Trojans end up 1 - 9 !Cause if it's who I think it is he WILL NOT TOLERATE it !

I don't believe I said Dyer County or Dyersburg's future wasn't bright....I was saying that if it is as bright as folks are saying,Union City's is pretty bright too considering the Tornadoes were going against squads with school enrollments of over 1,000 kids and UC having around 375.....

I agree Northview is becoming an athlete factory.....