TTU camp: June 12 - 15

booboodafool

Central beat Elizabethton at TTU camp by about 5 pts. There was a funky tech called on Eliz. at the end of the game for calling a time out they didn't have. But it was a good hard fought game. Rutledge did beat Central at Bearden camp, but Central's point guard (Hundley) was not there. They had a senior who did not play last year and two freshmen playin point. (about a dozen turnovers between them). And from what I saw at that game Conner gave Singleton as much as he took. Both loked good, especially at the end of the game. Who is the big kid for Rutledge with the gotee? He shoots the ball pretty good also.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big boy with the goatee is a very nice player for Rutledge, and he complements Singleton nicely. He tore Anderson County up over at Fulton, but AC won by a point. He had at least 30 against Oneida. Singleton had tough time getting his shots in the 2nd half, but the big boy scored at will against AC's guards. Singleton almost had a sweet 2-hand dunk but he was fouled. He can float... It sounds like Central is coming around. If they were able to beat Elizabethton then they either were missing players or Central was out of their heads. Elizabethton hasn't been touched all summer. How did Redd look against Central.......

You seriously think that Central will have a team this year??? We played them in the team camp at Oak Ridge and beat them by at least 40 points. Our Oak Ridge II team (JV team) beat their varsity by like 10 or so. Central has not had much of anything for a couple years now, and i'd bet money that Central will have no kind of team this year. Yea, Zack Conner can shoot good, but i personally think his attitude stinks. I've been out on the court with him before, and all he does is whines and complains to the refs about bad calls. I think he's a little crybaby.

Redd looked good against Central. The first three times down the floor they threw lobs to him. No dunks but got some points off them. Summer ball...Central was able to do a lot of bumping and pushing...He is so strong tha he seems to go where he wants and if he gets the ball on the blocks, count it. When the refs are really calling fouls he will be very tough.

xcat...I'm afraid Central fields two teams right now. One that is young and plays hard and is competetive and another on that shows up and yes complains too much. I'm sure you saw the latter. By the way, OR JV did not beat them and it only became close when CHS frshmen took the floor ad the starters came out.

[Edited by clipper on 6/20/02 3:11P]

Ryan Potter is the big kid with the goatee for Rutledge. He is a nice player and this will be his third year starting for the Pioneers. He averaged about 13ppg last year and will have to do more this year. It makes sense that Hundley wasn't there against Rutledge because I didn't remember another good guard for them. It is very difficult to asess teams during the summer because many teams have kids missing. Rutledge also had two contributors who were out. I wasn't trying to come down on Conner at all he is a very good player.

• 2 months later...
Posted by clipper:

Central beat Elizabethton at TTU camp by about 5 pts. There was a funky tech called on Eliz. at the end of the game for calling a time out they didn't have. But it was a good hard fought game. Rutledge did beat Central at Bearden camp, but Central's point guard (Hundley) was not there. They had a senior who did not play last year and two freshmen playin point. (about a dozen turnovers between them). And from what I saw at that game Conner gave Singleton as much as he took. Both loked good, especially at the end of the game. Who is the big kid for Rutledge with the gotee? He shoots the ball pretty good also.

This is way old but that kid with the goatee is Ryan Potter. He's a senior, one of only 2 or 3 (hadn't heard who all is returning yet and who's been picked up.)

He's a good shooter, but I'm really glad he decided to give football another shot because he's got great hands at the tight end position.