Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Good game to DB, Central hung on till the 3rd, but I give credit to DB's amazing bench. They played every player and its extremely hard to play a team where the kids are never tired. Im not going to blame anybody like most people do, DB flat out, outplayed us. Best of luck in the tourny. Up next, Sullivan East at their place, should be an AWESOME game. I am thinking it will be a close one, with the win coming in the closing minutes to either team, ( but of course I would like Central to be the winning team.)

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good game too, gym seemed to be packed. While it would have been awesome to win this game, realistically the rest of the games is what Central needs to win to at least have a shot at getting third place if East stumbles some along the way. The best thing I guess Central can take out of this game it was a pretty close and Central didn't really play their best game.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 3 clowns reffing the game at Central had no clue what basketball calls and fouls are. I could tell they were clowns by the big floppy red shoes they wore and 1 of them had a flower on his lapel that shot a squirt of water. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Roll Tribe Roll

Those 3 clowns reffing the game at Central had no clue what basketball calls and fouls are. I could tell they were clowns by the big floppy red shoes they wore and 1 of them had a flower on his lapel that shot a squirt of water. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Roll Tribe Roll

That's pretty bad when you WIN and still complain about the refs. Why don't YOU don the stripes and give it a try???????? We'll set in the stands and judge how you do. But about the game, Central held all the trees to under 10 pts but they hurt us on the boards. DB shot pretty good too. But with that said, the Cougars are playing much better than earlier in the year. Good Luck to Both teams the rest of the way.

If I ever find a pair of those big floppy red shoes, I just might try it.

Win or loose the Refs in East TN. are absolutley terrible. Maybe they could have some kind of training for them, maybe that would help.

I said after the game was over that I thought that was the worst officiated game all year. The inconsistency is what was so bad. A guy goes for a break away layup and gets murdered and it is a no call, but if someone tries to pock the ball out from someone on the perimeter it is a foul.

If I ever find a pair of those big floppy red shoes, I just might try it.

Win or loose the Refs in East TN. are absolutley terrible. Maybe they could have some kind of training for them, maybe that would help.

They were bad, not for one team or the other, just BAD. If you are going to let them play, don't let each team hammer each other around the rim, then call a touch foul 30 ft. from the basket. This happened to both teams numerous times. DB, in my opinion has the potential to go far down the road, because they have inside, outside and bench. District 1 shouldn't have any problem with District 2. Central has played the 2 best, and there are 5 or 6 teams in the Big 9 capable of beating them. I am proud of Central, the way they have come together the last month. If we continue to improve the rest of the season, we should be fine when the District comes around.

They were bad, not for one team or the other, just BAD. If you are going to let them play, don't let each team hammer each other around the rim, then call a touch foul 30 ft. from the basket. This happened to both teams numerous times. DB, in my opinion has the potential to go far down the road, because they have inside, outside and bench. District 1 shouldn't have any problem with District 2. Central has played the 2 best, and there are 5 or 6 teams in the Big 9 capable of beating them. I am proud of Central, the way they have come together the last month. If we continue to improve the rest of the season, we should be fine when the District comes around.

I wouldn't be to confident about District 1 over District 2. Greenville played Maryville a close game this week and beat Mo. West last night so they seem to be coming around. Also Mo. West is as good as anybody in the Big 9 except DB. But on a given night, who knows. Then it only gets worse if you get by those two. Knoxville has at least four teams that would be rated "better" than DB. If you remember DB lost to Farragut by 19 in the first game this year. I believe Farragut is ranked about 6th in the Knoxville area. Yes I know DB has improved alot, but 19 points to the sixth ranked team in Knoxville is hard to overlook. It would probably take DB's best game plus a little luck to get past Knoxville. If they make it that far. Just being realistic.

On a very positvie note for the Indians: There has been a changing of the gaurd on the PA System!! For all Home Games in Basketball, Baseball and next seasons Football, the ax has fell on the dude who talks through his nose and tries to be Casey Casim (sp?). Jon Cleary has taken over the PA job for the Indians. His 1st game was the other night at the DB Freshman game vs Central and he did great. Jon was a former new guy for WKPT TV. You can actually understand what he is saying, which is a major improvement.

Speaking of the DB Freshman Game vs Central. I think Central's best basketball player in the entire school is a Freshman and I have no idea why he doesn't start for the Varsity. You Cougar fans can call out his name (Wentchel, I think), he must have an older brother on the varsity, no comparision. DB's Freshman are led by The Real Deal Derick Steele, point guard who is faster than a blink, Cory Hall and Robb Cross at the post position.

And Wacojaco, only 2 teams from Knoxville can make it to Sub State, and 1 of them has to go on the road.

Roll Tribe Roll

I wouldn't be to confident about District 1 over District 2. Greenville played Maryville a close game this week and beat Mo. West last night so they seem to be coming around. Also Mo. West is as good as anybody in the Big 9 except DB. But on a given night, who knows. Then it only gets worse if you get by those two. Knoxville has at least four teams that would be rated "better" than DB. If you remember DB lost to Farragut by 19 in the first game this year. I believe Farragut is ranked about 6th in the Knoxville area. Yes I know DB has improved alot, but 19 points to the sixth ranked team in Knoxville is hard to overlook. It would probably take DB's best game plus a little luck to get past Knoxville. If they make it that far. Just being realistic.

I know DB played poorly against Farragut at the first of the year. But that team was just learning to play with one another. It's kinda hard to judge. My guess is that there is as much difference in that early DB team as there is between Central early in the year compared to last night--like day and night. I think the biggest asset DB has right now is their tremendous depth. It is so hard for an opposing coach to key on stopping one player because someone else will step up and beat you. I just hope this continues into the postseason. Charlie seems to usually have his teams playing their best ball in the post season. Who knows!!!

I know DB played poorly against Farragut at the first of the year. But that team was just learning to play with one another. It's kinda hard to judge. My guess is that there is as much difference in that early DB team as there is between Central early in the year compared to last night--like day and night. I think the biggest asset DB has right now is their tremendous depth. It is so hard for an opposing coach to key on stopping one player because someone else will step up and beat you. I just hope this continues into the postseason. Charlie seems to usually have his teams playing their best ball in the post season. Who knows!!!

I agree with you, DB's tremendous bench is extremely hard for opposing teams. A defender tries to get use to a player and then they are met with a fresh guy, who plays different than the previous player. That is hard on any team, and I think that Farragut would have a tough time playing this DB team right now. Everyone changes from the beginning of the season, but some change even more and I think DB is one, and I think Central is another team that has seem to figure out where to go and start acting like a team.