Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

On a very positvie note for the Indians: There has been a changing of the gaurd on the PA System!! For all Home Games in Basketball, Baseball and next seasons Football, the ax has fell on the dude who talks through his nose and tries to be Casey Casim (sp?). Jon Cleary has taken over the PA job for the Indians. His 1st game was the other night at the DB Freshman game vs Central and he did great. Jon was a former new guy for WKPT TV. You can actually understand what he is saying, which is a major improvement.

Speaking of the DB Freshman Game vs Central. I think Central's best basketball player in the entire school is a Freshman and I have no idea why he doesn't start for the Varsity. You Cougar fans can call out his name (Wentchel, I think), he must have an older brother on the varsity, no comparision. DB's Freshman are led by The Real Deal Derick Steele, point guard who is faster than a blink, Cory Hall and Robb Cross at the post position.

And Wacojaco, only 2 teams from Knoxville can make it to Sub State, and 1 of them has to go on the road.

Roll Tribe Roll

Yes I know Art. Im not saying DB can't beat those teams. Im just saying it will be a different deal. Oak Ridge and Bearden were ranked #1 & #2 in the state this week. They are both as good as any of the top Memphis teams. Then theres Maryville who is the defending 3A champ. If DB makes it that far they will have to play a complete game to win against any of those three. Im not saying it can't be done though. Maryville suprised everyone last year when they won the crown. Maybe it will be DB this year.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the Floor General police at now? Oh! Coach Whittemore did not coach this football game.

LOL Nice try. I'll let Brock answer this one for you.

"A guy goes for a break away layup and gets murdered and it is a no call....."

Brock,

Do you think was because D-B is coached and plays dirty? Or was this a case of the officials missing calls and not being very consistent on what they called? Did either team come out with intent on hurting someone or was it just a case of the officials letting things get out of hand?

I think thats the difference in Volunteer and the other 8 teams in the conference. INTENT.

Brock,

Do you think was because D-B is coached and plays dirty? Or was this a case of the officials missing calls and not being very consistent on what they called? Did either team come out with intent on hurting someone or was it just a case of the officials letting things get out of hand?

I think thats the difference in Volunteer and the other 8 teams in the conference. INTENT.

No, there was no dirty play Friday night by either team and the game never got out of hand at any point. It was just a VERY inconsistently called game, for both teams. I shouldn't have used the word "murdered" because it was not like that. I was just referring to a couple of break away layups were the defender tried to go for the block and got the guy with body. Nothing dirty.

Brock,

There you go again.....changing the incident to fit your scheme. If you believe there is intent by the coaching staff to purposefully hurt opposing players, then you are calling me a liar personally. You say you respect me, but every chance you get, you will down Volunteer and try to make something light out of what some other teams may do that is similar to what you accuse Volunteer of doing. If my math is correct, there has been one break away incident by us and now one by another team this year. I do not know about other teams because I do not keep up with "break away murders". I've told posters on here time and time again, and I will say it for the last time........ When I feel or see ANY coach coaching with intent to cause physical harm to ANY player, whether it be a teammate or opposing, I will walk away, period. You may give your opinion on the style of play for a particular program all you want, but you cross the line when you say there is intent without proof. You showed me an article about what Coach Whitt said during the Arby's Classic, and, as a man I told you that I stand corrected. As for you...if you do not have proof of INTENT, please feel free to step up like a man and say so and stand corrected. There is the difference....you say intent when there is NO intent. Coach Whitt's style of play physical?...yes, intent...no! GOD BLESS!!!

PS...brock....I did not mean to drag you into this, but this gets frustrating to see people on here giving their Dr. PHILosophy on how Volunteer coaches. I understand why some believe the play to be rough or physical, but to say that I personally coach dirty play or with intent to harm another player, that crosses the line. I've coached AAU for 13 years and would do anything for any player to help them get make it to the next level. You may ask ANY of the players I have coached in the past such as....Vince Redd, Ryan Black, Fred (Jinko) Smith, Clay Potter, Jonathan Wilson, Nathan Norman, JoVann Johnson, Brad Fields, Raymond Lee, Walter Brown, Lester Bailey, Rocky Nickels, Rob Love, OD Williams, Nick Bradley, Shane Carnes, JaMichael Mills, Nathaniel Bailey, Ryan Moore, Azmar Blye, William Henry, Adams Hughes, Kai Bell, Chris Henry, and Katon Collins just to name a few. I have, as any other assistant coach disagreed from time to time, but it has never been about Coach Whitt's intent.

This thread is starting to look like the Democratic Primary. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Democratic, Republican, or Independent.....it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Just which platform can you stomach. Onto the Big 9....some of the prognosticators were correct on DB being #1 and 2, 3, & 4 spots up for grabs. Science Hill is not lock for second right now. They did have an impressive win against Mo-town last night. They briefly looked like the old Hill. The major difference with DB vs the rest of the Big 9 is being on the same page. All other teams are just not on the same page with each other. The one team that is starting to get on the same page as a team is TN High. It may sound odd, but TN High always starts making some noise just around the district. If they can get there, they will be a force to reckon with. Looking past the District, The Region shapes up to be an open field, so long as teams stay out of DB's bracket. DB's #1 and the #2-8 spots will be wide open in the Regional.....just know that whoever is in DB's bracket will have a tough time getting out. I have never seen this area be so down in recent years. It will be interesting to say the least. Almost tourney time.....3 & 1/2 weeks!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!

PS.....Washington County Ja Co (I'm working on the rest of your name) /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ..... let me know which forum you and CAP debate politics on. It will be interesting to say the least!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

On a very positvie note for the Indians: There has been a changing of the gaurd on the PA System!! For all Home Games in Basketball, Baseball and next seasons Football, the ax has fell on the dude who talks through his nose and tries to be Casey Casim (sp?). Jon Cleary has taken over the PA job for the Indians. His 1st game was the other night at the DB Freshman game vs Central and he did great. Jon was a former new guy for WKPT TV. You can actually understand what he is saying, which is a major improvement.

Speaking of the DB Freshman Game vs Central. I think Central's best basketball player in the entire school is a Freshman and I have no idea why he doesn't start for the Varsity. You Cougar fans can call out his name (Wentchel, I think), he must have an older brother on the varsity, no comparision. DB's Freshman are led by The Real Deal Derick Steele, point guard who is faster than a blink, Cory Hall and Robb Cross at the post position.

And Wacojaco, only 2 teams from Knoxville can make it to Sub State, and 1 of them has to go on the road.

Roll Tribe Roll

The freshmen is Taylor Winchell,and his brother Morgan plays on the varsity. I am expecting him to see a lot of minutes on varsity next year. He can't shoot the 3 the way Coach Vaughn likes yet,but he works hard,and should be a very special player for years to come.

Thing is,he also might be the next great hope in football,so it is tough for him to focus on just basketball,because he is a great quarterback.

PS.....Washington County Ja Co (I'm working on the rest of your name) /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ..... let me know which forum you and CAP debate politics on. It will be interesting to say the least!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Stokomo... If you can get Washington County out of Waco, then what can we get out of Stok..... hmmmm?? And what does churlish mean?

About the Freshman @ Central, stick to Basketball unless you switch schools, it won't matter how good you are in football at Central, nobody will ever know. He is a really good basketball player.

Any good Conference games this week? DB plays Cherokee Tue. (I hate that) when does Science Hill go to East?

Roll Tribe Roll

Stokomo... If you can get Washington County out of Waco, then what can we get out of Stok..... hmmmm?? And what does churlish mean?

About the Freshman @ Central, stick to Basketball unless you switch schools, it won't matter how good you are in football at Central, nobody will ever know. He is a really good basketball player.

Any good Conference games this week? DB plays Cherokee Tue. (I hate that) when does Science Hill go to East?

Roll Tribe Roll

Central at East Tues.

Central home Fri. vs South

Roll Tribe Roll

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Michael Crowder from Central that just went to Princeton was rated as one of the top centers in the country and was getting looks from some big time schools.

Democratic, Republican, or Independent.....it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Just which platform can you stomach. Onto the Big 9....some of the prognosticators were correct on DB being #1 and 2, 3, & 4 spots up for grabs. Science Hill is not lock for second right now. They did have an impressive win against Mo-town last night. They briefly looked like the old Hill. The major difference with DB vs the rest of the Big 9 is being on the same page. All other teams are just not on the same page with each other. The one team that is starting to get on the same page as a team is TN High. It may sound odd, but TN High always starts making some noise just around the district. If they can get there, they will be a force to reckon with. Looking past the District, The Region shapes up to be an open field, so long as teams stay out of DB's bracket. DB's #1 and the #2-8 spots will be wide open in the Regional.....just know that whoever is in DB's bracket will have a tough time getting out. I have never seen this area be so down in recent years. It will be interesting to say the least. Almost tourney time.....3 & 1/2 weeks!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!

Your on the wrong track Stokomo. WaCo does not mean Washington Co. Keep digging.

Im going to hand you a lifetime "Exempt Status" from ever being named "Mo-Ron of the Day" for knowing that all political parties are "smoke and mirrors". You are smarter than 99% of the rest of the country. I never did here back from Cap1 about the "debate". I guess he's to busy. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good game too, gym seemed to be packed. While it would have been awesome to win this game, realistically the rest of the games is what Central needs to win to at least have a shot at getting third place if East stumbles some along the way. The best thing I guess Central can take out of this game it was a pretty close and Central didn't really play their best game.

Neither did DB by far. The addition of Williams at point for DB is electrifying (the blocked shot against the backboard was something) and he will eventually work into a great fit but I could tell there is still some gelling needed. Too many turnovers...many unforced and unneccessary at times that could have really made this game not as close as it seemed.