Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Postponed due to weather. You know Hawkins County.. If it clouds up and is under 50F school is out.

Roll Tribe Roll

Maybe you need to talk to the parents of the Clinch child who was killed in the snow accident last year. I am sure they would love to hear your opinion of calling school out.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now whats the thoughts on the Central vs South game tomorrow night at Central?

Im wondering......will the South fans be cheering for South or will they cheer for Central? Will the Greenville fans come up and cheer for both teams? What will the cheerleaders do?

Central Sullivan - 79

South Sullivan - 14

If you take out that picture incident, this year's team has not been physical at all. And why would you feel sorry for us? You haven't felt sorry for anybody. Your sarcasm goes before you. Since you are still taking shots about "that" incident, I have one for you sir. What does the banner in Viking Hall read when you enter? Take your time........... take as much time as you like........ Well..... it says: "welcome to Tennessee High, where sportsmanship is an expectation. So please let the players play, let the coaches coach, let the officials officiate, and let the spectators be positive." Please tell me where in your post where you positive, or do you not consideryourself a Viking fan or parent? Where in most of your posts have you let coaches coach? Officials officiate? Players play? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> You know just as well as I do that forgiveness is a key factor of living the faith we have. Where's your forgiveness? Please don't get on here and be a hypocrite. Many people will never know who you are; I am not one of those. I know the position you either hold or held at my family's church. You see... that's the problem with many posters on here, they let their alter ego take over when they think no one will know their identity. The CAP1 that is portayed on here is certainly not the one portayed elsewhere. Which one is the REAL you? You can try and reply to this post if you want, but one thing you will not find is what I stand for. What you see on here is the same thing you will get if you meet me in person. My nine year old daughter is extremely gifted in basketball, it runs in the family...she's the starting PG in the boys league...my mom and dad were All-Staters, and I was an All-State. She is nine years old and I haven't begun to teach her about the game yet. What I am doing is trying to prepare her for critics like yourself that only want to pick out what people do wrong. It is ashame that we live in a world today where people want to criticize more than build up. Please take some of your own advise that you tried to give Coach Whitt and spend more time trying to build someone up. /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> GOD BLESS!!!!

I had to sleep on how I would respond to your post Dr. Phill, because I??™m really not sure where all your ranting and raving is coming from. I??™m not seeing what all your negativity toward my last post is all about. Unless you??™re just sore about get spanked by 30.

So here we go??¦.

If you take out that picture incident, this year's team has not been physical at all.

This statement alone should disqualify your opinions in anybodies book, because I don??™t think you can even find a Volunteer fan that can wholeheartedly agree with that. You can call it ???being positive??? all day long but the word that comes to mind when I read it is ???delusional???!

Since you are still taking shots about "that" incident, I have one for you sir. What does the banner in Viking Hall read when you enter?

I have news for YOU ???Sir?????¦it will take a looooooooonnnnnnng time for the memory of that incident to disappear whether you were actually there or not. And contrary to what you say, most people hold the Coach more accountable for it than they do the young man that committed the foul. That is the whole underlining point to this whole situation with Volunteer??¦If this wasn??™t acceptable by the staff then I don??™t believe you would see it on the court again and again. It just so happens that the beast ???broke the chain??? this time (as many on here had previously predicted).

So please let the players play, let the coaches coach, let the officials officiate, and let the spectators be positive." Please tell me where in your post where you positive, or do you not consideryourself a Viking fan or parent? Where in most of your posts have you let coaches coach? Officials officiate? Players play? You know just as well as I do that forgiveness is a key factor of living the faith we have. Where's your forgiveness? Please don't get on here and be a hypocrite.

To that I simply say follow your own advice and let me (a fan) be just that??¦A FAN. Believe it or not most ???Fans??? aren??™t as up tight as you seem to be. I enjoy the games??¦every minute of it. I yell at officials, players, coaches, other fans, and the mascot if they have one??¦but it??™s all in fun. If an official, player, or coach makes a good play or call I??™m pretty vocal on that side also. Now because I yell at the official or player during the game do I also have to yell at them if I see them in Walmart to not be a hypocrite in your eyes? And what is this ???forgiveness??? crap? Forgive what? I can??™t imagine someone that portrays such a sissy demeanor as you do on here being competitive in anything. Why don??™t you grow a sack and stop trying to be such a goody-two-shoes. I for one am not impressed. If you haven??™t figured it out by now??¦I usually have an opinion and I??™m not bashful in letting others know that opinion. Right or wrong you won??™t have to guess what I??™m thinking, and that rings true in person, on these boards, at church, work, family gatherings, and so on. If you don??™t want to know the truth (as I see it) then don??™t ask me regardless of who you are (or who you think you are in your case). ANYBODY that truly knows me knows this to be true! You may not like me, my confident demeanor, or what I say??¦but one thing you won??™t call me is fake or phony. I say what I mean and mean what I say??¦always!

Many people will never know who you are; I am not one of those. I know the position you either hold or held at my family's church. You see... that's the problem with many posters on here, they let their alter ego take over when they think no one will know their identity. The CAP1 that is portayed on here is certainly not the one portayed elsewhere. Which one is the REAL you?

The screen name thing is board rules as far as I know or else I wouldn??™t have any problem signing my name to anything I say??¦there??™s no shame in my game, what you see is what you get. Unlike your ???touching??? story of how you got your screen name, mine is simply the name on the credit card that I used to pay my membership fee when I joined. Simply put..it was what was in my wallet (I know that was corny but I had to say it) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . I think you would be surprised at how many people that read these boards know my identity and that??™s cool with me. So don??™t think that just because you think you know me or where I go to church or who my kids are I??™m going to change my tone with you unless you change yours toward me. And that??™s not just on these boards. I respect those who respect me. How does that saying go ???Do unto others as they do unto you???. Well??¦maybe that??™s not it, but you get my drift.

You can try and reply to this post if you want, but one thing you will not find is what I stand for. What you see on here is the same thing you will get if you meet me in person. My nine year old daughter is extremely gifted in basketball, it runs in the family...she's the starting PG in the boys league...my mom and dad were All-Staters, and I was an All-State. She is nine years old and I haven't begun to teach her about the game yet.

NOT IMPRESSED??¦sorry!!! I thought you said you knew who I was /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . What is it with you and the name dropping and the self bolstered resume!!? Are you bucking for Whittmore??™s job or are you running for City counsel? Get a life Sotomo this is not your world (I believe you called it Kokomo)??¦this is real life and we as parents are all proud of what our kids can possibly or have already accomplished. I close by saying that you obviously totally misunderstand my intentions. I believe that in most cases that our youth need to constantly be challenged in order to grow and progress in athletics. Unfortunately that means sometime pointing out what they are doing wrong, and sometimes criticism is necessary for them to improve or strive to be better. I have found that the right balance of criticism and praise drives our youth to want to continually do better because a big portion of what they accomplish is to gain praise from us (parents), fans, and their peers in an effort to get (what they think is) respect. Many coaches use this tactic. But if you are continually praising them and always being positive, they think they have fulfilled their goal and you take away that drive to do better. Most of my ???sarcasm??? comes from responding to Clowns like you who think they are Moses himself sent here to set the people free.

I forgot one thing...I just happend to scrole back to your last post and noticed your little quote at the bottom of the post.

"Happiness is the best teacher of good manners; only the unhappy are churlish."

You see...I know the definition of CHURLISH. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Does that supprise you? One would have to look no further than this to see were you are coming from.

Im wondering......will the South fans be cheering for South or will they cheer for Central? Will the Greenville fans come up and cheer for both teams? What will the cheerleaders do?

Central Sullivan - 79

South Sullivan - 14

is that all you post about anymore? noone is laughing, nor did they the first time you posted that

So that ONE backcourt call decided a 13 point game?

Interesting how things are viewed when the shoe is on the other foot

I did not say that it did. I was implying that the calls that were made were not of great judgement. That was not the only play, and i was giving just one scenario.

Also, even though this is a basketball forum, South helped cheer for us because it was THEIR CHOICE. They happen to be a county school and so what if they help support another school, there isn't anything in the laws against it, so give it a rest. As for the Greeneville Game, I did not take a role in that and left the game shortly after. I would prefer our Region to win over any other region, including region 2. Distict is coming up and I hope we put the best teams to stand a chance against the Knoxville schools, and making it to State.