Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

M & G IMO that has to be the most sense I have heard come from a DB fan, (with the exception of Skunk??¦of course) in a long??¦.well??¦EVER!!!! GREAT POSTS??¦all of them! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I try to bite my tongue. But it's hard to do when certain DB fans chime in to say Charlie was being selfish by playing that game! Selfish?! That just reiterates all that I have accumulated by sitting in the stands and picking up on the attitude of the fans as I see them. To say they can't believe he would schedule this game 4 hours away less than 24 hours after a conference game PLEASE! It wasn't like they played the Toppers friday night, they had a cruise against a weak South squad. And if this teams confidence is shaken by the outcome of that game in Salem against a pretty good team then they weren't going anywhere in the postseason anyway. How would they handle the likes of Oak Ridge, MAryville, Bearden, or Farragut (the weaker Knoxville team that beat them by 19) if they make it to face them? I think they are a little soft still. Unfortunately, that could be this team's demise. I hope not. I hope it shows them they have to come to play every game from now on if they want to move down the road.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i know this is not about student sections, but i would love to cheer for DB, and i actually feel sorry for their team knowing that their students sit down the whole time, more than most not even looking up to see if they have the ball or not. I cheer for Central, despite the good and the bad times, but at DB, its more good than bad period. I think DB would probably have a lot more momentum with some of its students getting into the game. However the DB fans are pretty good in general and they are louder than any student section at DB, come to think of it, i really havent heard a DB crowd since the time Central played them at Greenville a couple years ago. Thats sad. Cheer for your team and show some spirit!

Good luck to all the games tonight, Central has to try to handle Daniel Boone in order to secure their 5th place spot. East, I am hoping you guys kill(not literally) Volunteer tonight. Also, a great match up between DB and Science Hill tonight! Good luck to both of them teams!

Yes, i know this is not about student sections, but i would love to cheer for DB, and i actually feel sorry for their team knowing that their students sit down the whole time, more than most not even looking up to see if they have the ball or not. I cheer for Central, despite the good and the bad times, but at DB, its more good than bad period. Cheer for your team and show some spirit!

You need to read what you wrote in this post. IF you are going to cheer for your school then WHY can't you cheer for the Lady Cougars also? They have beaten South,DB, TN. High and lost by 3 to Boone tonight. You guys didn't cheer at all for them at any of these games. They beat TN. High at Tn. High and you all were down there sitting down not cheering at all. If you truly

have school spirit then cheer for both teams. I'm sure most of these girls come to football games and cheer for you guys so you need to return the favor, if you are Cougarnation.

I will have to agree with you. They are doing an outstanding job this year. I know the whole student section does not stand and cheer for them, but I do watch their game and clap for them. We have a very talented girls team and I would not trade any of them for another team. I can not, however, speak on behalf of the student section. Standing up for 3 or 3 1/2 hours may be a long time to stand, but i dont see a problem for cheering for them in a close game, such as the one tonight.

I will have to agree with you. They are doing an outstanding job this year. I know the whole student section does not stand and cheer for them, but I do watch their game and clap for them. We have a very talented girls team and I would not trade any of them for another team. I can not, however, speak on behalf of the student section. Standing up for 3 or 3 1/2 hours may be a long time to stand, but i dont see a problem for cheering for them in a close game, such as the one tonight.

I don't know who the leader of the group is, but maybe you need to speak to them on this subject. Thanks for being honest about it also. I was just amazed at how the group did Fri. at TN High when we beat the no 1 team in the conference. You guys do a GREAT job during the boys games and I applaud you for that but give the girls a little respect also. Enough about that Good job tonight Cougars and keep it up.

Any post game analysis of the DB - Topper game would be appreciated...I lost my internet broadcast midway through the third quarter!!!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

I didn't think DB played that well tonight. Its a bad time to be in a slump if thats what it is. Missed a lot of free throws down the stretch. Some poor shooting at times. McConnel jacks up a three and misses with DB having a 1 point lead with about 18 seconds left on the clock, don't know what he was thinking. Science Hill took what would of been the winning shot with a few seconds left and it was blocked by Flack. Its was Flacks second blocked shot in the last 60 seconds of the game. Flack sat out almost the entire 3rd. period and about half of the 4th. I don't know why? Edwards and I think Riggs both fouled out with about 3 min. to go. I think 2 other Indians had 4 fouls each. Two T's were called, one on the Science Hill bench and one on Williams for smilling. I think the refs wanted some attention. They were a joke just as they all have been all year. Oh, the score ended up 67-66 DB.

Didn't see the game but listened to it on the FM station. Bronson Flack had a good game for DB. He actually made two key blocks for the Tribe at the end of the game to seal the win. The last one came on Deonte Grey's shot with time expiring. The Tribe won 67-66. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Sullivan East beat us (Volunteer) by three. Looks like we will be playing East again next week. GOD Bless!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />