Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

It didn't help if he played. The DB crowd was loud and awesome but the DB Indians Team was better. This is a very deep Charlie Morgan Team. The battle for 2nd place is the only thing in question during the regular season. Justin Sylvester just took over a close game after half time. Science Hill has no answer for the DB inside game.

That was a good win for the Tribe.

Roll Tribe Roll

In terms of the crowd, the db crowd was not in the game till the end, and the science hill crowd was up the whole game. Fot the game, science hill played terrible and they led most of the game, turnovers and poor shooting pleaged the toppers, dont be so confident though, db has to play the hill again and i doubt that you will ever see the toppers play that poorly again. And it would have helped when he played if he didnt have such an off night, the toppers were clearly more athletic team, but db did play good on the inside. Dont be supprised next time if the score is reversed or even worse. Refs were terrible.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I heard the refs were a bit off but were calling more towards Science Hills favor. I also heard DB was playing like crap for the first half and got it together in the second half. If Science Hill was so athletic, why did they lose at home with the refs in their favor (as always at home)? Since the 2002/2003 season DB and Science Hill have played 14 times with DB winning 9 of those and Science Hill winning 5. DB has almost twice the victories over the Hill in that time. Times have changed and most don't even realize it. Stats are stats though, go look for yourself. DB took coach Morgan (a Science Hill product) and learned your tricks. He has also made DB a btter conditioned team as I understand the Hill was struggling near the end. The tide has changed in East TN and not only does DB own football, but now basketball as well. I think football is up to around 15 straight victories? Correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, I can't wait until DB plays the Hill again. Traditionally DB plays better later in the season and usually beats the hill in the later game. By the way the Hill looked a bit out of shape, DB will welcome their challenge at home. Funny how according to you that this was Science Hill's so called "off night" and that the toppers have never "played so poorly" yet they were at home and getting the calls. Truth is, DB could have done a much better job

The refs stunk it up in the Topper Palace, and Bud is right, it was called in favor of the Toppers, always is in that little gym.

As I said, the race if for 2nd place in the conference, Science Hill cannot match the Indians depth or inside size and strength. And with All-Conference Gaurd Justin Sylvestor and (soon to be) Jamel Williams, they have no advantage at gaurd play either. Sullivan East may take over 2nd place next week, would not be a surprise.

The DB Crowd was in the game for the start. I don't think you rate a crowd being in the game if they are standing or setting, I don't. The Toppers had 100 kids or so standing the whole time, it didn't help the team, as far as I could tell.

With 3 min. to go in the game, the Topper crowd was more in the parking lot than the game.

Roll Tribe Roll

In terms of the crowd, the db crowd was not in the game till the end, and the science hill crowd was up the whole game. Fot the game, science hill played terrible and they led most of the game, turnovers and poor shooting pleaged the toppers, dont be so confident though, db has to play the hill again and i doubt that you will ever see the toppers play that poorly again. And it would have helped when he played if he didnt have such an off night, the toppers were clearly more athletic team, but db did play good on the inside. Dont be supprised next time if the score is reversed or even worse. Refs were terrible.

SH was not "clearly" the more athletic team and it was proven in the 2nd half by DB beating them down the court on almost every transition for easy baskets. And as far as SH play there worst game, DB didn't exaclty have a perfect night (at one point in the game the teams were swapping turnovers) and I would say both teams erratic play had something to do with the guy wearing the oter jersey. Both teams have similar defensive styles, and will get after you, and it leads to a lot of mistakes for the other team. It comes down to who can make the least mistakes and that was DB last night. There is a lot of season left and these teams will meet again so anything can happen. But last night DB "clearly" played well enough to win. As for the refs, I have always said that high school refs are inconsistant at best but if you look at the stats, SH went to the line 13 times to DBs 12. If DB makes there free throws (6-12) then the game isn't as close as the final. And there were a couple of instances (Syvlester being called for a walk down low on a made basket for one) that went against both teams. So, it was a great game as advertised with DB winning this round...anything can happen and the conference has some good teams (Volunteer, THS, East) that can have a lot to say about who comes out on top before all is said and done. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That should definitely be a great game...which team's supporting cast does the best job of support?...

Roll Tribe Roll

East's supporting cast were definitely the ones that showed up to play last night. Koree Deeb and Jordan Cross were their leading scorers. Dillon Faver stepped up and had a great game as well. But what won the game for East was rebounding. They dominated Volunteer on the boards and kept their composure the whole game.

Yeah I heard the refs were a bit off but were calling more towards Science Hills favor. I also heard DB was playing like crap for the first half and got it together in the second half. If Science Hill was so athletic, why did they lose at home with the refs in their favor (as always at home)? Since the 2002/2003 season DB and Science Hill have played 14 times with DB winning 9 of those and Science Hill winning 5. DB has almost twice the victories over the Hill in that time. Times have changed and most don't even realize it. Stats are stats though, go look for yourself. DB took coach Morgan (a Science Hill product) and learned your tricks. He has also made DB a btter conditioned team as I understand the Hill was struggling near the end. The tide has changed in East TN and not only does DB own football, but now basketball as well. I think football is up to around 15 straight victories? Correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, I can't wait until DB plays the Hill again. Traditionally DB plays better later in the season and usually beats the hill in the later game. By the way the Hill looked a bit out of shape, DB will welcome their challenge at home. Funny how according to you that this was Science Hill's so called "off night" and that the toppers have never "played so poorly" yet they were at home and getting the calls. Truth is, DB could have done a much better job

your crazy if you think times have changed for basketball, db has never won the big game, science hill always wins when it counts, who won regionals last yeat? and has db ever even been to state, i dont think so, db is football, sh is basketball. until db wins the big game like a regional game or just advances farther than the toppers they will always be the underdogs to the toppers, just like the toppers are in football. we will see what happens in the end, talk trash while you can because the better team always wins in the end.

SH was not "clearly" the more athletic team and it was proven in the 2nd half by DB beating them down the court on almost every transition for easy baskets. And as far as SH play there worst game, DB didn't exaclty have a perfect night (at one point in the game the teams were swapping turnovers) and I would say both teams erratic play had something to do with the guy wearing the oter jersey. Both teams have similar defensive styles, and will get after you, and it leads to a lot of mistakes for the other team. It comes down to who can make the least mistakes and that was DB last night. There is a lot of season left and these teams will meet again so anything can happen. But last night DB "clearly" played well enough to win. As for the refs, I have always said that high school refs are inconsistant at best but if you look at the stats, SH went to the line 13 times to DBs 12. If DB makes there free throws (6-12) then the game isn't as close as the final. And there were a couple of instances (Syvlester being called for a walk down low on a made basket for one) that went against both teams. So, it was a great game as advertised with DB winning this round...anything can happen and the conference has some good teams (Volunteer, THS, East) that can have a lot to say about who comes out on top before all is said and done. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

and that was one of the best games i have seen db play for the whole game. i watched them in the arby's there not very impressive and wont make it to state just like they never have befor.

East's supporting cast were definitely the ones that showed up to play last night. Koree Deeb and Jordan Cross were their leading scorers. Dillon Faver stepped up and had a great game as well. But what won the game for East was rebounding. They dominated Volunteer on the boards and kept their composure the whole game.

Rebounding was not as much a factor as Turnovers. We had 20 turnovers and they were at the most critical times. Three separate occasions we had an eight point lead only to have four or five straight turnovers to make the game close. We talked about building on a lead in the second half. We come out and get another nine point lead only to have four tournovers again and East battled back to tie it at 46 before Aaron hit a three. In the fourth we had an eight point lead and East again came back, only this time for good with a minute to gave them their first lead since the opening tip. You are very correct in that East's supporting cast did a great job. We could not stop #24 at the end of the game he was the difference at the end. I think he scored seven of their last nine points. Congrats to East and their great coach John Dyer. GOD BLESS!!!!

your crazy if you think times have changed for basketball, db has never won the big game, science hill always wins when it counts, who won regionals last yeat? and has db ever even been to state, i dont think so, db is football, sh is basketball. until db wins the big game like a regional game or just advances farther than the toppers they will always be the underdogs to the toppers, just like the toppers are in football. we will see what happens in the end, talk trash while you can because the better team always wins in the end.

Was this guy born yesterday, or day before yesterday?

Has DB been to state? In the past 5 years, they have been at least twice and to substate couple other times.