Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Has DB been to state? In the past 5 years, they have been at least twice and to substate couple other times.

Im not going to waste my time doing the research but DB has been to the state tournment many times. The comment that dip-wad made was "Has DB ever even been to state". Well I have to assume he means "ever". In the Buck Van Huss era the Tribe made the tourney more times than any other school, I think Shipley took them at least twice, and Morgan has made two trips. As far as what school across the state has made the most trips I don't know, but I would think DB is up there pretty high. I would be supprised if Science Hill has made more trips than DB. DB did have that long drought during the Daniels days and the first part of the Morgan days.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that was one of the best games i have seen db play for the whole game. i watched them in the arby's there not very impressive and wont make it to state just like they never have befor.

Tell me then sir (or ma'am), who has been to more state tournaments in the last 5 years -- DB or Science Hill?

Also, while you are at it, over those last 5 years, look up the head-to-head records and then you will have your proof that the times have changed and DB now dominates Science Hill in both sports /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just want to make a quick comment.... Db is just straight up better than Science Hill and it showed last night. No way around it. They will not lose in conference play and will roll right into the substate and play at home.

I think its DB, Science Hill, and East, in that order right now. Two of those three should make it to substate. Thats where the trouble starts. I don't think I have seen so many great teams at one time in the Knoxville area. If you remember DB lost by 19 to Farragut in their first game of the season. Farragut is probably the #6 team in Knoxville. Science Hill lost to Oak Rodge by about the same point spread. If you remember, Maryville won the AAA state championship last year. I think Oak Ridge, Bearden, and Maryville can all compete and beat the Memphis area teams again this year. It will be hard to get past those teams and go to state.

Tell me then sir (or ma'am), who has been to more state tournaments in the last 5 years -- DB or Science Hill?

Also, while you are at it, over those last 5 years, look up the head-to-head records and then you will have your proof that the times have changed and DB now dominates Science Hill in both sports /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since this is a basketball board I will stick with basketball. In the last 10 meeting dating back to January 24th 2003, Science Hill leads the series 6 to 4. I would have to say its pretty even. However I think D-B will sweep them this year on their way to a perfect conference record. The Tribe will definatly dominate this year, but I wouldn't say thats been the case the last 5 years, in basketball anyways. If I am incorrect with my information, please let me know.

Since this is a basketball board I will stick with basketball. In the last 10 meeting dating back to January 24th 2003, Science Hill leads the series 6 to 4. I would have to say its pretty even. However I think D-B will sweep them this year on their way to a perfect conference record. The Tribe will definatly dominate this year, but I wouldn't say thats been the case the last 5 years, in basketball anyways. If I am incorrect with my information, please let me know.

Nobody has dominated. DB has at least two more tough games (SH, East) left in reg. season. Throw in a possible upset and they may not even win the reg. season title. They have the upper hand right now though.

You are incorrect. Since the beginning of the 2003, DB has ammased a 9-4 record against Science Hill. It went a little something like this:

03- DB won at their place, DB beat them at Freedom Hall in postseason play. (2-0)

03-04 - Each team won at their place, DB beat them in Morristown in regionals. (4-1)

04-05 - Each team won at their place. (5-2)

05-06 - Each team won at their place. (6-3)

06-07 - DB swept season series. Science Hill won in postseason. (8-4)

07-08 - DB won @ Science Hill (9-4)

So, since 2003, them have met 13 times with DB winning 9 of them. That is coming about as close to domination as any school is going to get against Science Hill.

I do think you are correct about DB sweeping them this year. Science Hill had some tough luck losing the players that they did, but it has historically been tough on them, or any other team, to come to the wide open spaces of the Dome and come out with a win.

You are incorrect. Since the beginning of the 2003, DB has ammased a 9-4 record against Science Hill. It went a little something like this:

03- DB won at their place, DB beat them at Freedom Hall in postseason play. (2-0)

03-04 - Each team won at their place, DB beat them in Morristown in regionals. (4-1)

04-05 - Each team won at their place. (5-2)

05-06 - Each team won at their place. (6-3)

06-07 - DB swept season series. Science Hill won in postseason. (8-4)

07-08 - DB won @ Science Hill (9-4)

So, since 2003, them have met 13 times with DB winning 9 of them. That is coming about as close to domination as any school is going to get against Science Hill.

I do think you are correct about DB sweeping them this year. Science Hill had some tough luck losing the players that they did, but it has historically been tough on them, or any other team, to come to the wide open spaces of the Dome and come out with a win.

You are absolutely correct. I stand corrected. I have no clue what I was looking at this morning. lol.

I think Sullivan East has a good shot at the win in JC>

Reason 1: They have an inside game and good shooting guards. That was the exact recipe that the DB Indians used to beat the Science Hill in the Topper Palace.

Reason 2: Coaching. John Dier is the 2nd best coach in East Tennessee.

This could be a shootout..... parden the pun but it was just to easy.

What happened to the famous Topper Press? It was not a factor against Kingsport. They rarely ever tried to press DB. And, the Topper depth is a thing of the past for now. They do not have a deep bench this season.

Good luck to the Patriots

Roll Tribe Roll

Sullivan East has a good chance to win on the road at the Palace, but it will be hard. If they play they way they did against DB, their chances will be really good. Against us (Volunteer), they found a way to win after being down the whole game. They have a good supporting cast. If you would have told me that we would keep Snapp to nine points, I would have liked our chances to win, but the other guys stepped up and showed they are more than a one-guy team. Although..... they will need Snapp's offensive scoring to keep up with the Hill. It will also depend on which Science Hill team shows up at the Palace. Which ever way the pendulum swings, this game will be worth the price of admission. John Dyer is a class act and a good coach.