Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Brock....One of DB's players had an easy layup and one of our players ran down the court and inexcusably fouled the guy and it was a flagrant and ejectable foul to say the least. It was the kind of foul that could have injured a player seriously. I lost my breath when I saw it. He got ejected and Coach Whitt sent him to the locker room for the remainder of the game. No coach wants to see anyone get hurt and for those who hide behind these screen names to say that they do, you have no clue. If Whitt coaches like ART says he does, then he would not have gone out to center court, shook the guy's hand and apologized. If it happened to Morgan and he did the same thing, everyone would be talking about what a class-act by the coach, and rightfully so. So...to those who want to take shots at Whitt for this incident, let me go ahead and call you a hypocrite before-hand. Again... I totally agree that this was a classless act but by a PLAYER.... and it will handled by the coach. GOD BLESS!!!!

PS.... The Central vs. Science Hill game in my opinion was not an upset. Central is starting to click. I do not know if the game was at Central or not, but if it was, they had my vote to win. They look like the Central teams that shoot it out, up and down the floor.

PSS...ART.....I agree and hope that no one gets on here and makes an excuse or tries to rationalize what happened. It was the kind of foul that could have ruined a player's chance to play again. Thank GOD it did not!!!!! With that said....it was great to be back at "THE DOME!" I saw so many faces familiar from the past, and I'm glad Tom Taylor and Throp are doing commentary. They are the best of the best!!!!!!

In one of my first posts on this subject back in Novemeber I said that something like this was eventually going to happen. Thank God that the young man wasn't hurt. You started out defending your program by saying that Coach Whitt does not coach his players to do these type of things nor do your players do these type of things. But then you stated that he teaches his players to play like the old Detroit Pistons, aka "The Bad Boys". This type of incident would surely make them proud. This has been going on for several years now, you would think that if Coach Whitt wanted to do something about it, he already would have, and this incident would not have happened. I will agree, he did the classy thing by going out and appologizing to the player while sending his own player to the locker room. But after years of this going on I have to question why he suddenly showed some class. Could it be that the heat is on him? Anyone that has read his quotes in the paper is aware of his slow meltdown.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to clarify: inexcusably fouled the guy = a kid that only gets playing time for situations such as this bear hugged Marshall Hardy from behind and slammed him into the padding under the goal. Both players were going full speed and it could have very easily and very seriously hurt both players actually. The same kind of playing style the same kid was getting high fived for by coach and players at the district in Bristol last year. Stokomo with all due respect (since you are one of the DB greats), while there may not be a direct command inside the program to play this way, I have to believe there is an inferred understanding that in order to compete and win this team must "play tough". Especially after quotes about not allowing 3 straight layups.....hmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . And yes he did go out and shake the kids hand but at that point what was he going to do? The entire gym (excep those in blue/orange) had turned against him and his team and he had to do something to save face. Had this happened at Volnteer and to a Falcon player I believe those players/fans would have wanted blood. I have to give the DB players credit for keeping there cool because it was obvious the Volunteer strategy was to get them razzled and take them out of there game...but it clearly backfired because they had 1 ejected and the best player on the bench for getting "frustrated". And please let's don't go down the road about if this had happened to coach Morgan he would be looked at a class act becuase there is no question inside that program how to play the game and IF it did there is no question that player would not play next game.

It's a shame that after most games that there even has to be the talk about junk like this or a brawl in the Central parking lot. Come on, let's just play the game like it should be played. In days gone by there were just as intense rivalries but it was a repsctful competition durng the Dickie Warren, Buck, Bobby Snyder days. It's a shame since there are some great players in this league...Cradic/Bennett, Snapp, Moncier, Corey Young, Smith and Odom at SH, just to name a few. Some kids that can really play....so just play

And just to add something to it for those that don't know, Hardy had already dunked on one of their players earlier in the game before he was taken out heading for another dunk.

And WHY does everyone hate science hill so much, is it because JC is a nicer place to live then every where else or because SH is the biggest school in the region or because we have more state championships than anyone, i dont know what it is but sh and db are the two best teams and has been for a while but everyone hates sh a whole lot more than db. Tell me why

Get over yourself. There are places to live in Kingsport and Bristol that are just as nice. Heck, even Sullivan County has a few neighborhoods that are very, very nice. However, don't for a second think that DB isn't hated just as much as Science Hill. Comes with the territory, stop whining. If you win, and win consistently, they are going to hate you and make games hard on you. The good/great teams will find a way to overcome that and get the wins and go on about their business while those that are hating are left to do just that.

Appears Science Hill can't handle the heat these days, hmm... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And just to add something to it for those that don't know, Hardy had already dunked on one of their players earlier in the game before he was taken out heading for another dunk.

Also, that was the 2ND FLAGARANT FOUL on Volunteer in the 1st HALF.!! Bennett (mouth piece in place) had already taken Justin Sylvester to the Turf (I mean Court) just a couple of min. before Javian Shivers mugged #42 Hardy. Shivers will be suspended for the next 2 games, that's 10 fouls gone from the Falcons game plan.

The frustrated player, Cradic, was so taken out of the game by the Indians Defense, it wouldn't have matter where he was during the 4th qtr. On the bench or on the court, he was not scoring. Cradic had 3 goods looks at the basket, 1 was a 3pointer and 2 were free throws. He made all 3 shots. I don't think he could even see the goal when he took his other 11 shots from the field.

Charlie Morgan has the Indians playing "Charlie Ball" as he calls it. 10 players play, and play a lot. Every night it seems someone else is the leading scorer with 12 points and the rest of the players have 6-10 pts, every game. DB's defense is awesome.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well CAP1 here we go disagreeing again already and so soon after the holidays! That sure didn't last long did it? You must be confused if you thought that I was looking for any kind of credit from you! Why would I try to establish any kind of credit from you when your credit on here IMO is worthless at best? If you spoke with any credibility CAP1 then it would come in the form of you speaking about all teams the same and not just the mighty THS and until you can do that dont EVER mistake me as trying to quantify anything I say through you. And I obviously don't need a Webster's to push your little button now do I? And you called me the CLOWN, you perform on cue every time!

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on here. I'm not sure why I even bother responding to your senseless posts. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Also, that was the 2ND FLAGARANT FOUL on Volunteer in the 1st HALF.!! Bennett (mouth piece in place) had already taken Justin Sylvester to the Turf (I mean Court) just a couple of min. before Javian Shivers mugged #42 Hardy. Shivers will be suspended for the next 2 games, that's 10 fouls gone from the Falcons game plan.

The frustrated player, Cradic, was so taken out of the game by the Indians Defense, it wouldn't have matter where he was during the 4th qtr. On the bench or on the court, he was not scoring. Cradic had 3 goods looks at the basket, 1 was a 3pointer and 2 were free throws. He made all 3 shots. I don't think he could even see the goal when he took his other 11 shots from the field.

Charlie Morgan has the Indians playing "Charlie Ball" as he calls it. 10 players play, and play a lot. Every night it seems someone else is the leading scorer with 12 points and the rest of the players have 6-10 pts, every game. DB's defense is awesome.

Roll Tribe Roll

Right after the hard Volunteer foul, Cradic was fouled hard by three Indians and had to got to locker-room to attend to a cut over the eye and did not return in 1 st half. Bad enough for stiches.

Cap1, in a word - Hilarious! Someone should start a poll on CoachT about what poster has had the most "Foot-In-Mouth" moments. But would anyone really be close to Cap1?

What a great win for Central. This team is getting better every night out and this was one of those wins that will hopefully carry on and give them confidence for the rest of the year.

Just from reading the posts from both sides its easy to come to the conclusion that Science Hill got raped by the refs. But even at that they should have been able to beat Central. But I will eat the "Crow" on this one. It appears that even the "Central Circus" has its day in the sun. I still honestly don't think Central has the team to make it out of Districts (unless they bring their refs with them to every game /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ), but I have to agree with your last statement whole heartedly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Brock....One of DB's players had an easy layup and one of our players ran down the court and inexcusably fouled the guy and it was a flagrant and ejectable foul to say the least. It was the kind of foul that could have injured a player seriously. I lost my breath when I saw it. He got ejected and Coach Whitt sent him to the locker room for the remainder of the game. No coach wants to see anyone get hurt and for those who hide behind these screen names to say that they do, you have no clue. If Whitt coaches like ART says he does, then he would not have gone out to center court, shook the guy's hand and apologized. If it happened to Morgan and he did the same thing, everyone would be talking about what a class-act by the coach, and rightfully so. So...to those who want to take shots at Whitt for this incident, let me go ahead and call you a hypocrite before-hand. Again... I totally agree that this was a classless act but by a PLAYER.... and it will handled by the coach. GOD BLESS!!!!

PS.... The Central vs. Science Hill game in my opinion was not an upset. Central is starting to click. I do not know if the game was at Central or not, but if it was, they had my vote to win. They look like the Central teams that shoot it out, up and down the floor.

PSS...ART.....I agree and hope that no one gets on here and makes an excuse or tries to rationalize what happened. It was the kind of foul that could have ruined a player's chance to play again. Thank GOD it did not!!!!! With that said....it was great to be back at "THE DOME!" I saw so many faces familiar from the past, and I'm glad Tom Taylor and Throp are doing commentary. They are the best of the best!!!!!!

A player (or players in the case of the Falcons) actions on the court is a direct reflection of the Coach...especially if they repeats themselves again and again. Coach Morgan made it a point to make this statement "I always tell my kids that if a guy gets a break-away like that, let him go. Don't try to foul him,''. Obviously thats not Whittamore's philosophy. Stokomo you have to be running out of excuses by now. If you truly care about the Volunteer program and have any pull, why don't you just ask Whittamore to real it in a little! What's the use in it anyway, you still got the "slaughter rule" induced on you! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And WHY does everyone hate science hill so much, is it because JC is a nicer place to live then every where else or because SH is the biggest school in the region or because we have more state championships than anyone, i dont know what it is but sh and db are the two best teams and has been for a while but everyone hates sh a whole lot more than db. Tell me why

Umm, here is a thought. Don't bash the refs on CoachT after you get beat. I mean, that is rule #1 on CoachT. There is no better way to get ganged up on by every team than to bash the refs.

So lemme ask you this, did those refs miss all those fast break layups that SH had? Did the refs jump up to the rim and make all those 3's that Kaiko, Rock and Roberts go in? Did they tell Mickey to shoot that fade away jumper that iced the game? You get my point...

You are lucky that the refs did not call a technical on the SH bench for taking water on the floor during a timeout that caused Albright to have to come out of the game when he slipped on it.

Just from reading the posts from both sides its easy to come to the conclusion that Science Hill got raped by the refs. But even at that they should have been able to beat Central. But I will eat the "Crow" on this one. It appears that even the "Central Circus" has its day in the sun. I still honestly don't think Central has the team to make it out of Districts (unless they bring their refs with them to every game /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ), but I have to agree with your last statement whole heartedly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You just can't fully give these Central boys their due can you?

You are mistaking sarcasm for hostility. Most of my sarcasm is a result of the way you and your boys represented your school and team on these boards two years ago (when Central truly did have great players and a great team). I didn't appreciate it and neither did many others. And to see your students team up with South's fans in the Districts (against Science Hill) and most of all Greenville in the Regionals (against DB) put Central in my sights as a target. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You hold a grudge like a teenage girl.

Umm, here is a thought. Don't bash the refs on CoachT after you get beat. I mean, that is rule #1 on CoachT. There is no better way to get ganged up on by every team than to bash the refs.

So lemme ask you this, did those refs miss all those fast break layups that SH had? Did the refs jump up to the rim and make all those 3's that Kaiko, Rock and Roberts go in? Did they tell Mickey to shoot that fade away jumper that iced the game? You get my point...

You are lucky that the refs did not call a technical on the SH bench for taking water on the floor during a timeout that caused Albright to have to come out of the game when he slipped on it.

You just can't fully give these Central boys their due can you?

It does seem odd that SH only took 6 free throws compared to SC taking 19 AT the Dickie Dome. I'm sure some of those came late with SH being behind. that was one thing that stuck out to me reading the boxscore...but I wasn't there. I noticed Odem didn't crack the scoreboard. Did he not play or did the SC defense shut him down?