Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where a team plays does hold significant weight on the outcome in most situations. Central plays 10x's better at home than they do away. They historically have and it's just a fact. I still think DB has all the tools to go to the Cougar Den and come out with a 10-20 point win. DB just has a TOTAL team. In watching both games and hearing about the Science Hill game, DB has the chemistry to go deep in the State Playoffs as long as that chemistry stays intact and they peak at the right time. I hope this is not DB's peak because they are playing the best ball in East TN right now. I do not see anyone from around here beating them. But that is why the games are played. On any given day a team can have a bad night. I'm sure Morgan will have those kids focused on what they have to continue to do to get better as the Tournaments start. I also like how he plays ten players and rotates to keep them fresh. Doing this system takes time and patience and it must start at the beginning of the season so they will mesh. The losses that happened at the beginning of the season was due to the lack of chemistry from football and just starting. I love teams that have the TEAM concept, and they are showing total team concept right now. That's just my two cents worth. GOD BLESS!!!!

I agree with mostly everything except for the fact that DB has only lost 2 games and just 1 at the beginning of the season and 1 in the Arbys to Columbia, GA. Just wanted to clarify cause it sounded as if DB had lost multiple games at the start of the year. DB is 16-2 and continueing the ride. Team seems to have a chance to make an exciting run at the State tourney.

I agree with mostly everything except for the fact that DB has only lost 2 games and just 1 at the beginning of the season and 1 in the Arbys to Columbia, GA. Just wanted to clarify cause it sounded as if DB had lost multiple games at the start of the year. DB is 16-2 and continueing the ride. Team seems to have a chance to make an exciting run at the State tourney.

CoachT's schedule for Dobyns-Bennett is correct with one exception. The 1st game of the season was a forfiet win for the Indians. I think that was because of a death of a student/player that the Tribe was scheduled play in the 1st round of the Chop House Classic. I can't remeber the team it was, sorry. DB is officially 16-2 on the season and obviously not the same team that Farragut beat in the 1st game of the season that the Indians actually took the court against.

It's all about getting ready for the District. 1 Game at a time.

DB plays a tough road game at David Crockett on Tuesday. What are the other Conference Games?

Roll Tribe Roll

Right after the hard Volunteer foul, Cradic was fouled hard by three Indians and had to got to locker-room to attend to a cut over the eye and did not return in 1 st half. Bad enough for stiches.

Actually Cradic probably flopped to the floor with little contact, as his usual routine is falling and picking up a shooting foul so he can head to the free throw line.

The only reason I made that statement was that DB, although they did win, struggled to beat a few teams in the beginning of the season. Football rust and no chemistry was the cause, as for any team with multiple players playing football. Right now they are playing great TEAM basketball. Any coach does not want their team to peak right now. With Morgan at the helm, they should have no problem staying focused. Also, the West teams seem to be down the past couple of years. Maybe this is the year for an Upper East TN team to make some noise. Maryville did it last year, and reports are that the West Teams are down a bit again this year. GOD BLESS!!!!

Actually Cradic probably flopped to the floor with little contact, as his usual routine is falling and picking up a shooting foul so he can head to the free throw line.

Just a question 1&1..... How can a player flop after a "little contact" and need stitches of which Cradic received after the game? He had the cut glued to come back in the second half.

OMG...enough already!!! I'm starting to get sick at the stomach with all the kissin up! I can??™t believe the people on here that seem to be surprised at the success that DB is having this year. If you have paid any attention to this group coming up through the ranks you had to have seen this coming. And for the DB fans that still believe that this isn??™t the best TEAM to dawn the B.V.H Dome in at least a decade you are either in denial or your view must be biased by having a friend or relative play on a previous team. There may have been better players, but this is hands down the best arsenal that Coach Morgan has had in a long while. By the way...the timely arrival of Jamel Williams doesn??™t hurt their cause one bit. Coach Morgan is slowly trying to slide him into the thick of things but once he gets past that Jamel will bring a whole new dimension to this team in transition. He is easily the best choice for the point along with McConnell and Sylvester at wings??¦and you can take your pick on the posts. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Maaaaannnn......I think I??™m starting to get sick again!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just a question 1&1..... How can a player flop after a "little contact" and need stitches of which Cradic received after the game? He had the cut glued to come back in the second half.

He tried to flop and draw a foul like he always does, but fell the wrong way. I'm surprised he hurt himself doing this though because he has practiced it for years.

OMG...enough already!!! I'm starting to get sick at the stomach with all the kissin up! I can??™t believe the people on here that seem to be surprised at the success that DB is having this year. If you have paid any attention to this group coming up through the ranks you had to have seen this coming. And for the DB fans that still believe that this isn??™t the best TEAM to dawn the B.V.H Dome in at least a decade you are either in denial or your view must be biased by having a friend or relative play on a previous team. There may have been better players, but this is hands down the best arsenal that Coach Morgan has had in a long while. By the way...the timely arrival of Jamel Williams doesn??™t hurt their cause one bit. Coach Morgan is slowly trying to slide him into the thick of things but once he gets past that Jamel will bring a whole new dimension to this team in transition. He is easily the best choice for the point along with McConnell and Sylvester at wings??¦and you can take your pick on the posts. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Maaaaannnn......I think I??™m starting to get sick again!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are exactly right Cap1! On all topics mentioned. Jamel Williams is a great addition to the team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Cap

The 02-03 (30 wins!) and 03-04 teams cruised to back-to-back region championships and back-to-back state appearances. I still believe there are at least 3 tough games (@Central, East, Science Hill, TNHigh zoneD) in the regular season and then the District just to get out of the area and then there is the DB bugaboo...an upset by a team they should beat (South last year, Crockett in years past). So while this edition is fun and very deep and appears to be the cream of the Big9, they'll have to earn it on the court. I know they have the capability and hope they do it but that's why they play 'em though.

But I do agree that Jamel Williams has been a welcome piece to the puzzle and he can run the show.

The only reason I made that statement was that DB, although they did win, struggled to beat a few teams in the beginning of the season. Football rust and no chemistry was the cause, as for any team with multiple players playing football. Right now they are playing great TEAM basketball. Any coach does not want their team to peak right now. With Morgan at the helm, they should have no problem staying focused. Also, the West teams seem to be down the past couple of years. Maybe this is the year for an Upper East TN team to make some noise. Maryville did it last year, and reports are that the West Teams are down a bit again this year. GOD BLESS!!!!

Not trying to come across as a jerk and if I do I apologize up front. But I agree completely that Dobyns-Bennett was very rusty at the beginning of the season with the football players coming back and such. But I was just wondering what made you think that they had a tough time beating teams at the beginning of the season after the Farrugat game when this is what it looked like in the 6 games after.............

Nov. 24 Pigeon Forge tourney W 81-45

Nov. 27 at Volunteer away W 77-42

Nov. 30 David Crockett home W 78-34

Dec. 1 Cherokee home W 73-33

Dec. 4 Sullivan Central home W 76-24

Dec. 11 at Tennessee away W 63-35

In that span they scored 448 points and gave up 213. Beating opponents by an average of 39 points. Rusty... yes. Struggle to win... NO.

FAN