Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to come across as a jerk and if I do I apologize up front. But I agree completely that Dobyns-Bennett was very rusty at the beginning of the season with the football players coming back and such. But I was just wondering what made you think that they had a tough time beating teams at the beginning of the season after the Farrugat game when this is what it looked like in the 6 games after.............

Nov. 24 Pigeon Forge tourney W 81-45

Nov. 27 at Volunteer away W 77-42

Nov. 30 David Crockett home W 78-34

Dec. 1 Cherokee home W 73-33

Dec. 4 Sullivan Central home W 76-24

Dec. 11 at Tennessee away W 63-35

In that span they scored 448 points and gave up 213. Beating opponents by an average of 39 points. Rusty... yes. Struggle to win... NO.

FAN

The two games that stick out are East and Farragut first game. With the exception of TN High, the other teams mentioned are like warm up games to begin the season. Let's see how the East game goes this time around. And I think East is a good ball team but not quite in the same class as DB. If Farragut and DB were to play now, I believe it would be a different outcome. Just my opinion. The TN High game is where they started getting into their groove. They are real fluid right now. Struggle was a wrong word...rusty with no fluidity is more like it.

Art.....there will be no big wrecks, the pit crew has issued warnings. And Volunteer Collision is on standby.

CAP1.....just enjoy this season and admire what DB is doing. They still have to prove it come tourney time, but this has the makings of being a special team. This team does not have the athletes that the 93-95 DB team had, but it has better chemistry and a better coach at the helm.

As for 1&1.....if you believe that Cradic threw himself to the ground and caused his own self-affliction, you surely had to have someone tell that 1&1 makes 2. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> GOD BLESS!!!!!

All is quiet in Big 9 Land. Any thoughts on tonights games?

Yes General it will go like this after tonights games.

1) No one will give much credit to the winning team if any at all.

2) They will say their team had a bad game or some starter would have been out of the game for whatever reason.

3) We will hear how bad the coach was and he didn't substitute right or play the right people.

4) The refs where horrible and it was all home cooking was the reason our team lost.

5) There will be someone on here blasting some young athlete about his ability, character or something else.

6) There will be some blow hard talking about how they could have done this better or that better.

If you read this whole forum that junk makes up about 90% of it. So for what its worth here are my suggestions.

If you are one of those people and you are a student do one of two things!

1) Get off your lazy tush and go play for your school.

2) Support your school with class and don't criticize,slam, or otherwise demean other players or teams.

If you are one of those people and are an adult this is for you!

1) Act like an adult and grow up

2) Go back to school where you can become the next Buck Van Huss

3) Put on a referee shirt and walk the walk not whine and only talk the talk

4) Remember out of all 9 teams there might be if your lucky 9 kids get to play some type of college basketball

For the other 10% I commend you on supporting your team and showing some class.

All is quiet in Big 9 Land. Any thoughts on tonights games?

I??™m a little worried about the Vikings. Not sure if Witcher got the memo this time that Isaac Snapp (#11) is a striker (and has been for the last THREE YEARS), and he will destroy you if you allow him to shoot OVER the zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold him under 20 and your chances to win multiplies. Hopefully Corey will wake up out of his slumber and help his team out tonight. He has to get back in the grove in order for this team to win the big games (like this one).

Olddoc all i can say is that was great lol. cap1 i hope witcher dont remeber that lol , but i see that you would want him too. good luck with all games.

Thanks Big 9, I just want to see kids rewarded and praised for their hard work. In todays world there is to much negativity and smack talk everywhere. These kids and coaches spend far more time working on basketball than a bunch of hide behind the screen wanabees. They deserve the full support form their communities and instead of 500 in the stands it should be 2500 like back in the 80's. All we do now days is make excuses and whine instead of being supportive and working hard. This has alot to do if you look at it why alot more foreighn kids are getting scholarships and pro contracts as they outwork us and don't make excuses.

Hey Cap,

Just wandering why everyone up there is unhappy with the style of play at THS. This style has been going on for the past 20 years including the years they has Stallcup,King,Mitchell,Dandridge and the likes who where far more athletic than this years team. Not slamming this years team but are they not better suited for the walk up game instead of run-n-gun

Yes General it will go like this after tonights games.

1) No one will give much credit to the winning team if any at all.

2) They will say their team had a bad game or some starter would have been out of the game for whatever reason.

3) We will hear how bad the coach was and he didn't substitute right or play the right people.

4) The refs where horrible and it was all home cooking was the reason our team lost.

5) There will be someone on here blasting some young athlete about his ability, character or something else.

6) There will be some blow hard talking about how they could have done this better or that better.

If you read this whole forum that junk makes up about 90% of it. So for what its worth here are my suggestions.

If you are one of those people and you are a student do one of two things!

1) Get off your lazy tush and go play for your school.

2) Support your school with class and don't criticize,slam, or otherwise demean other players or teams.

If you are one of those people and are an adult this is for you!

1) Act like an adult and grow up

2) Go back to school where you can become the next Buck Van Huss

3) Put on a referee shirt and walk the walk not whine and only talk the talk

4) Remember out of all 9 teams there might be if your lucky 9 kids get to play some type of college basketball

For the other 10% I commend you on supporting your team and showing some class.

If we were all on hear patting each other on the back I wouldn??™t bother and neither would you or 90% of the posters on here (I??™ll give you your 10%)??¦and this site would fail overnight! You sound like one of those people that get upset at the games because people are actually yelling at a ballgame. You obviously spent allot of time on your post and I respect that, but in doing so you are merely doing what people do on any message boards and that is exercise your first amendment right to express your opinion. So if some of these conversations get a little ???ugly??? for your taste you can exercise another right you have and LOG OFF! This is IMO intended to be informative and entertaining and I should think that any opinion posted on here is perceived as just that??¦an opinion??¦.nothing more nothing less. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Cap,

Just wandering why everyone up there is unhappy with the style of play at THS. This style has been going on for the past 20 years including the years they has Stallcup,King,Mitchell,Dandridge and the likes who where far more athletic than this years team. Not slamming this years team but are they not better suited for the walk up game instead of run-n-gun

The football team also use to run the wishbone offense back in them days, but how many teams are doing it now. Anyway I don??™t remember them slowing the ball down back in them days. This style didn??™t appear till just after those guys were gone because I can remember more than one time when Sidney caught the front of the rim and hit the floor trying to dunk on a fastbreak. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If we were all on hear patting each other on the back I wouldn??™t bother and neither would you or 90% of the posters on here (I??™ll give you your 10%)??¦and this site would fail overnight! You sound like one of those people that get upset at the games because people are actually yelling at a ballgame. You obviously spent allot of time on your post and I respect that, but in doing so you are merely doing what people do on any message boards and that is exercise your first amendment right to express your opinion. So if some of these conversations get a little ???ugly??? for your taste you can exercise another right you have and LOG OFF! This is IMO intended to be informative and entertaining and I should think that any opinion posted on here is perceived as just that??¦an opinion??¦.nothing more nothing less. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Exactly! Whether we will admit it or not we all like to see the drama that goes on this board.

Although, there are several posters on here that go overboard sometimes I have to agree with Cap1. As long as posters stay within CoachT's guidlines its all good.

I bet OldDoc only eats Vanilla Ice Cream. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />