Does anybody know what happened to Tom Taylor?

DBTeepee

Am I the only person in Kingsport who doesn't know why Tom Taylor stopped calling DB games in the middle of the season with no notice to anybody? Tom is a fine man and probably the best play-by-play high school sports announcer in TN. He has been calling DB football and basketball games for 18 years. Does anybody know where he went and why he left so abruptly?

Taylor resigned from Citadel Broadcasting because of his expanding job/role at Tri-Cities Christian School. That is what he is doing now.

I find it hard to believe he would leave DB after 18 years to call TCC games. Hmmm. Is hsi job/role involving announcing? He personally told me he had some college announcing prospects at the Crockett game which would have been just a few days before he was gone. Whatever, he is sorely missed as I feel he was a part of the Tribe tradition as much as the players and coaches. I hate it

I find it hard to believe he would leave DB after 18 years to call TCC games. Hmmm. Is hsi job/role involving announcing? He personally told me he had some college announcing prospects at the Crockett game which would have been just a few days before he was gone. Whatever, he is sorely missed as I feel he was a part of the Tribe tradition as much as the players and coaches. I hate it

Tom is involved with fundraising at TCCS.

From best.....to worst.......and back to best again /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Starting with the Arbys Classic WHCW (91.5 FM) will air DB basketball With the famous TOM TAYLOR!

SEE............There is a GOD!

Finally Tom is on FM!

Surely this spells the end of the Overbay era as the voice of the Tribe. I doubt 3 stations would contribute resources to cover 1 team. I smelled a rat that he was leaving suddenly just to promote fundraising at TCC...he was made for broadcasting. I would have to venture this change had much to do with the format change and all the reshuffling at Citadel Broadcasting...and in the end I think it them. They tried to put him on 640 with the morning monster but that didn't last long and then had him spinning country records PLEASE! I think they sacrificed him in the name of the new format and time will tell if it was a wise move. All I know is he is back in his rightful place....THE voice of the Tribe.

I was hoping that UT would fire Bob Kesling and hire Tom as the new "Voice of the Vols," but o well.

For your information Agent Maxwell Smart, Tom Taylor has been voted High School Sportscaster of the Year 3 of the last 5 years in the state of Tennessee. Something no other program in this state can lay claim to.

Finally Tom is on FM!

Surely this spells the end of the Overbay era as the voice of the Tribe. I doubt 3 stations would contribute resources to cover 1 team. I smelled a rat that he was leaving suddenly just to promote fundraising at TCC...he was made for broadcasting. I would have to venture this change had much to do with the format change and all the reshuffling at Citadel Broadcasting...and in the end I think it them. They tried to put him on 640 with the morning monster but that didn't last long and then had him spinning country records PLEASE! I think they sacrificed him in the name of the new format and time will tell if it was a wise move. All I know is he is back in his rightful place....THE voice of the Tribe.

The story that I got from a couple sources (advertisers) is that when they changed their format and started doing beer commercials on air, Tom refused to be a part of it. It's refreshing to see someone who will stand up for their values and principles. Anyway the change is great news for Tribe fans. With the new powerful radio signal, we won't have to put up with the static of AM radio. I predict Tom will have great success with the new deal and I think sponsors will be very happy with the move as well.