Union City's Newest / Coach Bowling & Coach Kennedy

uctfan

There is no question that Coach Bowling is a good coach, but an even better recruiter! Zach Caveness, OC starting QB going into the spring, is rumored to have already transferred. What a coincident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two years in a row Bowling gets best players from OC. Something needs to be done!!!!

What is the latest buzz about Union City's program??...I hear they got a truck-load of new weight-lifting equipment...I also hear there are some new players that are going to be on the team next season..I know of one prominant young player from Obion Central that has transferred to Union City and I hear coach Bowling has already made a uniform change...How many of the current assistants are going to be back??Also heard Spring Practice wasn't going to be held until May and that UC wouldn't be scrimmaging anyone this year...Changing the offense to the Mid-Line Option/Veer is going to take some time...UC fans will have to be patient,it's a tough offense to get a grasp of...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no question that Coach Bowling is a good coach, but an even better recruiter! Zach Caveness, OC starting QB going into the spring, is rumored to have already transferred. What a coincident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two years in a row Bowling gets best players from OC. Something needs to be done!!!!

You are treading a slippery slope there my friend....

Zach has transferred but let's look at something....His dad played with me @ Union City...His uncles Mark,Bill & Greg Zipp all starred at Union City..If I'm not mistaken his mom went to Union City..OC was 0-10 in football last season...Their future is in flux...No head man being named yet...When will they have a spring practice??..Who has the reins of the program right now??...If I had the choice of which school I wanted to go to to play football,which Zach does,who would I go play for??...Union City,with their future in good hands or Obion Central,with who knows what is going to happen??....The answer is pretty simple to me....

Logan's dad went to work at Dyersburg High School and again Logan had the same choice...Go to Dyersburg where he could play without sitting out or play for Obion Central who was in a major rebuilding year...Dyersburg had a good season and made the state playoffs,OC as already stated went 0-10....

Obion County Central is going to have to make a really good hire this time and hope their man stays awhile...It is important because even with OC's not so great past in football,there haven't been many winless teams....They still have to play all the same teams again next season as this year..It's not very promising even if they hired Rush Probst....

You better have rock-solid proof of recruiting before you go making those statements on a site that has as many people read this as CoachT does....

That facts???? The fact is that Logan's Dad had applied at Dyersburg two years prior before Bowling went. Then, what do you know, his Dad all of a sudden had a job. That seems odd to me. Also, I know for a fact that Bowling has been calling and contacting kids from OC feeder schools. Zack could start at OC, but will have to settle to play J.V. due to TSSAA rules. Also, Logan is getting recruited by the same schools he did while he was at OC. Get your facts straight!

You are treading a slippery slope there my friend....

Zach has transferred but let's look at something....His dad played with me @ Union City...His uncles Mark,Bill & Greg Zipp all starred at Union City..If I'm not mistaken his mom went to Union City..OC was 0-10 in football last season...Their future is in flux...No head man being named yet...When will they have a spring practice??..Who has the reins of the program right now??...If I had the choice of which school I wanted to go to to play football,which Zach does,who would I go play for??...Union City,with their future in good hands or Obion Central,with who knows what is going to happen??....The answer is pretty simple to me....

Logan's dad went to work at Dyersburg High School and again Logan had the same choice...Go to Dyersburg where he could play without sitting out or play for Obion Central who was in a major rebuilding year...Dyersburg had a good season and made the state playoffs,OC as already stated went 0-10....

Obion County Central is going to have to make a really good hire this time and hope their man stays awhile...It is important because even with OC's not so great past in football,there haven't been many winless teams....They still have to play all the same teams again next season as this year..It's not very promising even if they hired Rush Probst....

You better have rock-solid proof of recruiting before you go making those statements on a site that has as many people read this as CoachT does....

That facts???? The fact is that Logan's Dad had applied at Dyersburg two years prior before Bowling went. Then, what do you know, his Dad all of a sudden had a job. That seems odd to me. Also, I know for a fact that Bowling has been calling and contacting kids from OC feeder schools. Zack could start at OC, but will have to settle to play J.V. due to TSSAA rules. Also, Logan is getting recruited by the same schools he did while he was at OC. Get your facts straight!

You better have your facts straight...That's all I'm saying...I've lived in this county all but two years of my life and have had family members with close relations to all the sports programs in this county....I have two kids and have had one go all the way through their career playing at Ridgemont and Obion Central...The other has played at Ridgemont and is now a freshman at Obion Central in the basketball program..I know how stuff gets started by "knowing for sure" what's happening at Obion Central...

I am glad your kids went to OC it is a great school and Obion is a great county. I am just sick and tired of people not being loyal! People act like they are division 1 prospect choosing where they want to go to college. It is not right! They need to go to school where they DECIDED to go in the first place. Sure, if there are special cucumstances I understand that, but just to transfer, it's not right. Plus, what are you telling your kids, when things aren't going well go somewhere else? Or you could tell them "What are YOU going to do to make it a positive difference"? And by the way, I DO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN OCCHS!!!!!!!!!!!

You better have your facts straight...That's all I'm saying...I've lived in this county all but two years of my life and have had family members with close relations to all the sports programs in this county....I have two kids and have had one go all the way through their career playing at Ridgemont and Obion Central...The other has played at Ridgemont and is now a freshman at Obion Central in the basketball program..I know how stuff gets started by "knowing for sure" what's happening at Obion Central...

I am glad your kids went to OC it is a great school and Obion is a great county. I am just sick and tired of people not being loyal! People act like they are division 1 prospect choosing where they want to go to college. It is not right! They need to go to school where they DECIDED to go in the first place. Sure, if there are special cucumstances I understand that, but just to transfer, it's not right. Plus, what are you telling your kids, when things aren't going well go somewhere else? Or you could tell them "What are YOU going to do to make it a positive difference"? And by the way, I DO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN OCCHS!!!!!!!!!!!

Until the school systems close their doors to each other it will continue to happen....There is nothing wrong with people changing schools....And to be honest it's none of our business where parents chose to send their kids....As far as your loyalty comment,think about the kids...What loyalty was shown them??....Zach for example would have been playing under three different coaches in three years at one school had he stayed..The ones that are going to stay will have that too...There is NOTHING fair with that...Obion Central needs to fully dedicate themselves to having a quality football program..They need to look more closely at who they hire..You can't keep changing coaches every three or four years and in some cases sooner than that....Why did Darren Bowling leave and go to Dyersburg??..I heard he was going to make a good deal more money..Since you know what's going on maybe you can enlighten everyone on that....Darren did show loyalty to his players...He could have left a year earlier than he did but he wanted to stay with the kids he came in with..I'm grateful for that because my son was able to play for one coach and one staff for the four years he was at OC....The kids that were on the football team when my son was a freshman had three different coaches..What is that??....I'm also curious as to exactly who Bowling has been "calling" in the junior high ranks....The junior high football program in the county was pretty weak this year...There was not one county team that could have beaten Union City's Junior High team this year...Why would he be calling anyone from the feeder schools when he has pretty good talent in his own feeder system??...I know of maybe two kids that he might call but their parents said they were going to OC...Their will be some county kids go to Union City now out of 8th grade if they want to play football though and it won't be because Bowling has been "calling" them....Look,I hate what has happened to the football program at OC...I think Chris Hill and Darren Bowling brought a respectability back to the Rebel program...I know my son and his teammates worked their tails off to get themselves in a position to win..And one year later they go winless and are not even competitive in any of the games....

But again as far as either you or me saying it's right or not right where a parent decides to send their kids is not right...It's none of our business....

Just because our feeder school couldn't beat UC middle school, doesn't mean that they don't have some good players. I understand where you are coming from in regards to going to whatever school you want to coming out of middle school, but out of high school, I don't agree. But, you are right, it is none of my business. My kids would stay!

Until the school systems close their doors to each other it will continue to happen....There is nothing wrong with people changing schools....And to be honest it's none of our business where parents chose to send their kids....As far as your loyalty comment,think about the kids...What loyalty was shown them??....Zach for example would have been playing under three different coaches in three years at one school had he stayed..The ones that are going to stay will have that too...There is NOTHING fair with that...Obion Central needs to fully dedicate themselves to having a quality football program..They need to look more closely at who they hire..You can't keep changing coaches every three or four years and in some cases sooner than that....Why did Darren Bowling leave and go to Dyersburg??..I heard he was going to make a good deal more money..Since you know what's going on maybe you can enlighten everyone on that....Darren did show loyalty to his players...He could have left a year earlier than he did but he wanted to stay with the kids he came in with..I'm grateful for that because my son was able to play for one coach and one staff for the four years he was at OC....The kids that were on the football team when my son was a freshman had three different coaches..What is that??....I'm also curious as to exactly who Bowling has been "calling" in the junior high ranks....The junior high football program in the county was pretty weak this year...There was not one county team that could have beaten Union City's Junior High team this year...Why would he be calling anyone from the feeder schools when he has pretty good talent in his own feeder system??...I know of maybe two kids that he might call but their parents said they were going to OC...Their will be some county kids go to Union City now out of 8th grade if they want to play football though and it won't be because Bowling has been "calling" them....Look,I hate what has happened to the football program at OC...I think Chris Hill and Darren Bowling brought a respectability back to the Rebel program...I know my son and his teammates worked their tails off to get themselves in a position to win..And one year later they go winless and are not even competitive in any of the games....

But again as far as either you or me saying it's right or not right where a parent decides to send their kids is not right...It's none of our business....

Just because our feeder school couldn't beat UC middle school, doesn't mean that they don't have some good players. I understand where you are coming from in regards to going to whatever school you want to coming out of middle school, but out of high school, I don't agree. But, you are right, it is none of my business. My kids would stay!

No,I didn't say there wasn't good players but as a whole there were none of the individual teams that could have beaten UC's Jr High....

Mine (youngest son) did go to UC after 8th grade but after a couple of months he went back to OC... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Again, that is your choice. You deserve an award for that!!!!!!

No,I didn't say there wasn't good players but as a whole there were none of the individual teams that could have beaten UC's Jr High....

Mine (youngest son) did go to UC after 8th grade but after a couple of months he went back to OC... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll be honest I play for Obion Central. I've play with Zack all the way through the first day the pee wee league got started. I've always played on his team. He never talked about transferring never showed any signs to want to. I don't understand the move on his part. He could be a true gunslinger at QB. The starter this coming year. I guess he wants to have stability,but I don't know what he will play there. It seems he'd have a better chance to showcase his arm with anyone but bowling. He didn't throw the ball with all of the weapons plus Parker last year (not that he needed to to win obviously). It just seems like a loss imo for Zack he isn't a real threat running the ball. And knowledge and timing of the offense will not be better than Chase's considering he lives with the ole ball coach lol. I'm clueless if Zack was recruited I really wouldn't know. I will say he wasn't ever open about moving, a few kids were but after awhile they all pledged loyalty to the program. It's a tough situation for the assistant's that are left and for us players. We wish a hire would be made quickly. A large handful of talented sophomores or soon to be Juniors want to come back to the team. A few were already coming to the after school lifts with us before Driggers resigned. Decker would be great for getting numbers back up. Although all the names in the hat have been pretty much accepted with open arms by the players. If the A.D will get someone in there for us, we will build a team. Especially our sophomore class if we get numbers back. Considering a handful of us started every game including the spring. And at the end most of all of us were playing considerably. If they freshman class keeps its numbers they have potential too.

I don't know like I said its a hard situation for everyone. Even though it seems like a re-run. I hope for the best for Gurshick and the other assistants who were asked to resign. And for Driggers (yes one team we can surely out scheme offensively) just a joke Coach if you read this garbage lol. I respect the coaching staff we had my freshman year, and I respect the one we had this year I appreciate the opportunities they gave me to show I could play bigger than I am which appears to small for my position.

I hope for the best for Union City, minus one game a season.

If OCVol is a player,I will have to say that was an impressive post...Well thought out...

I also will say it has to be very tough as a player to not know for sure from one season to the next who your coach is going to be..That is the main reason this program hasn't done that well...You have to have stability and consistency and to be honest this program doesn't have it...A Catch-22 with this program exists as well...If you are successful then that makes you a very hot commodity as a coach because other schools will say if this guy can win at Obion Central just think what he can do at my school...

As a whole,kids moving from UC to OC or vice-versa doesn't happen all that much and is really not a major problem...If I'm not mistaken,Zach will have to sit out a year anyway for football unless there was bona fide change of address,so he won't get to play...As a player that is tough to lose an entire year and not be injured,so maybe playing football wasn't why he transferred??....

But,this is a Union City football thread,not Obion Central,so maybe we could move this discussion to the OC football thread....