Union City's Newest / Coach Bowling & Coach Kennedy

uctfan

And this program has athletes,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise....

And this "SCHOOL" has athletes,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise....

No Union City High School very likely has the BEST athletes in 1A. Most, however, are not involved with the football program. So again I say that these two coaches have the difficult challenge changing the culture in Union City back to a football first community. In order to do that they will need to win ALOT with the "great" athletes they had last year. Don't give the mess about having a strong JV or 9th grade group because they were only fair. So who are the new stud athletes from either out of the halls, off the hardwood or as some are infering from other schools that have joined the program since Bowling came to town? The next question is how are they going to transition from not having played or never playing to being able to beat McKenzie or Westview? Because that is what it will take to get folks to notice then you need to go DEEP in the playoffs. I do not see it happening.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverrat, I'm not sure if telling you names of kids coming out for football serves any purpose to someone who doesn't know about us anyway. Yes, UC does have good athletes, Coach Bowling will turn them into good football players. The turn around will not be in a year, maybe not two before we are winning again against the stronger teams. But I can guarentee you this, the mentality and toughness of the football team has already changed. The team will be more physical, the winning will come as a by product.

And this "SCHOOL" has athletes,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise....

No Union City High School very likely has the BEST athletes in 1A. Most, however, are not involved with the football program. So again I say that these two coaches have the difficult challenge changing the culture in Union City back to a football first community. In order to do that they will need to win ALOT with the "great" athletes they had last year. Don't give the mess about having a strong JV or 9th grade group because they were only fair. So who are the new stud athletes from either out of the halls, off the hardwood or as some are infering from other schools that have joined the program since Bowling came to town? The next question is how are they going to transition from not having played or never playing to being able to beat McKenzie or Westview? Because that is what it will take to get folks to notice then you need to go DEEP in the playoffs. I do not see it happening.

UC has been thumped by Westview the last two years and has "played" with mckenzie every year. Like Atlas said you have no clue what your talking about. The bigger improvement is gonna be seen in the trenches and at linebacker. This is by far the weakest area of the tornadoes the past two years. Coach Moore will be missed because he was the one that got some of the athletes walkin the halls.

• 1 month later...

i see bowling and kennedy as men who care more about money than anything else. they took a talented dyersburg team and turned it into a boring dissapointment. i can't blame them alone. d'burg always tries to buy a gold ball. they needed a new coach last year and bought him and a qb. sadly ,you saw what they got. it's really what they deserved. i hope bowling and kennedy have much more success in uc, but if they are recruiting players then they are the snake oil salesmen they appeared to be at dyersburg

================================================================================

=============ILL DITTO THIS ONE! RUINED A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM AT DHS AND SEVERAL PLAYERS ON ACCOUNT OF HIS "PRIZE" PLAYER FROM OC!

================================================================================

=============ILL DITTO THIS ONE! RUINED A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM AT DHS AND SEVERAL PLAYERS ON ACCOUNT OF HIS "PRIZE" PLAYER FROM OC!

I would say to this statement....Just move on...You folks got your man back...Coach Bowling did offer to give up his position as head coach to Coach Counce soon after his hiring....Coach Counce went on to coach at MBA anyway....That seems to be selectively forgotten....I would also say that if Bowling and Kennedy are just in it for the money then they came to the wrong school..I'm sure both took a pretty good pay cut leaving D-Burg for Union City.....Finally saying that Dyersburg WAS state championship team is a bit of a stretch....They had potential,sure,but to put that definative tag on that Trojan team is a little much.....

I would say to this statement....Just move on...You folks got your man back...Coach Bowling did offer to give up his position as head coach to Coach Counce soon after his hiring....Coach Counce went on to coach at MBA anyway....That seems to be selectively forgotten....I would also say that if Bowling and Kennedy are just in it for the money then they came to the wrong school..I'm sure both took a pretty good pay cut leaving D-Burg for Union City.....Finally saying that Dyersburg WAS state championship team is a bit of a stretch....They had potential,sure,but to put that definative tag on that Trojan team is a little much.....

Ride on! Coach Bowling is a class act. At least when you see him, he'll speak to you. Good luck in UC.

• 2 weeks later...

Just look at McKenzie....they thought all they had to do was show up and take the trophy back to Mckenzie and they had the same coach.

Coach Bowling will do very well in Union City....as a matter of fact, we have had one of the best talented kid to come out for his Senior year. He WILL be a play maker.

I personally heard coach Bowling tell a fan the other day...Union City may not win many games ( Buy They Will ) but everyone will know after palying us ( U C ) they have played football.

We will see.

Just look at McKenzie....they thought all they had to do was show up and take the trophy back to Mckenzie and they had the same coach.

Some fans might have thought that simply because they don't watch the game films, but nobody on the McKenzie coaching staff ever believed that it was going to be a cake walk like you are implying. Everybody on the inside were fully aware how athletic those guys were going to be.

Ride on! Coach Bowling is a class act. At least when you see him, he'll speak to you. Good luck in UC.

The most athletic class UC has had since 2000. A lot of them just don't have the self discipline necessary to play high school football. These seniors undefeated in middle school until the TMSSAA championship game in Memphis. The school that beat them had an enrollment over 1200. The atheletes are there.