Midstate top 10 comes out monday!

Jim Harrick

Why are you trying to get on here and insult our intelligence? CPA DOES and ALWAYS HAS recruited! They are a private school!!. Their enrollement does not come from their surrounding "area" it comes from ALL over the state. Please give us all a break will you! Regardless they have a fine squad and for all i know are in complete compliance with TSSAA rules which makes them LEGAL so its a moot point IMHO. However they aren't anywhere near as good as teams like White Co., Antioch or Oakland. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What ever I guess ........?? I've watch 3 TN teams this year ....... CPA,White Co,DB ........ No way White Co . can play with CPA ...... KY is a cut above TN ........ CPA would beat White Co by 20 + ..... Not sure about Antioch or Oakland but need more than talk !!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever I guess ........?? I've watch 3 TN teams this year ....... CPA,White Co,DB ........ No way White Co . can play with CPA ...... KY is a cut above TN ........ CPA would beat White Co by 20 + ..... Not sure about Antioch or Oakland but need more than talk !!

Every post you've made is about CPA so you are obviously a biased fan probably a kid on here trying to sound like you know what you're talking about. CPA is a decent AA team but not in the class of White Co. It would be the other way around with White Co. beating CPA by about 20 but it would be a decent game for awhile i will give you that much. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Every post you've made is about CPA so you are obviously a biased fan probably a kid on here trying to sound like you know what you're talking about. CPA is a decent AA team but not in the class of White Co. It would be the other way around with White Co. beating CPA by about 20 but it would be a decent game for awhile i will give you that much. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I hope your joking !! Kid in heart I hope .......... Lex Coth & DeSales beat them bad !! Wins vs Clay Co & Boyle County .......... DB may be better @ this point ?? ..........Have you watch CPA play this year ??

I hope your joking !! Kid in heart I hope .......... Lex Coth & DeSales beat them bad !! Wins vs Clay Co & Boyle County .......... DB may be better @ this point ?? ..........Have you watch CPA play this year ??

So you call getting beat by DeSales by 7 getting beat badly? I'll give you Lex Cath waxed the floor with them but if you call getting beat by 7 by Desales then i guess CPA got waxed in their three losses by 14,20 and 10?? No i haven't seen them play but i know a little about the program and the kids playing there and while they are some very good players they could not and would not beat White Co. no matter what you type in on this website. I look for White Co. to make it to the state tournament and who knows after that. They have won it twice in AAA so they have what it takes to win the state they have proven that in the past. At this point CPA has potential to be a good team but then again they should always have potential year in an year out because of the players that come to the school from outside of the area. They get the "best of the best" because of their "private school" status as WE ALL KNOW. This is why its always a great thing when county and city schools win because they only get what is allotted to them for the most part. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So you call getting beat by DeSales by 7 getting beat badly? I'll give you Lex Cath waxed the floor with them but if you call getting beat by 7 by Desales then i guess CPA got waxed in their three losses by 14,20 and 10?? No i haven't seen them play but i know a little about the program and the kids playing there and while they are some very good players they could not and would not beat White Co. no matter what you type in on this website. I look for White Co. to make it to the state tournament and who knows after that. They have won it twice in AAA so they have what it takes to win the state they have proven that in the past. At this point CPA has potential to be a good team but then again they should always have potential year in an year out because of the players that come to the school from outside of the area. They get the "best of the best" because of their "private school" status as WE ALL KNOW. This is why its always a great thing when county and city schools win because they only get what is allotted to them for the most part. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i think you're selling CPA short. Not gonna say who'd win between CPA & WC, but CPA is better than decent.

i think you're selling CPA short. Not gonna say who'd win between CPA & WC, but CPA is better than decent.

I'm not saying they aren't a quality team but when you're talking about beating teams like WC, Antioch, Liberty Tech etc.. you better be good! To me they aren't "that" good. They are a very solid group but i don't think they have a shot at winning the state championship in AA while WC has a very good chance of winning it in AAA IMHO. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No but DeSales is not top 20 team ........ CPA played the top #1 Mason Co and was beat by 12 ..... 8-14 point game ........ WC played a top ranked KY team and was beat by 50 and had hard time getting the ball to mid-court ... Big difference ....... Again I'm just saying after watching WC play two games and watching CPA play there big difference ........... You just need to watch both teams play .....

Why are you trying to get on here and insult our intelligence? CPA DOES and ALWAYS HAS recruited! They are a private school!!. Their enrollement does not come from their surrounding "area" it comes from ALL over the state. Please give us all a break will you! Regardless they have a fine squad and for all i know are in complete compliance with TSSAA rules which makes them LEGAL so its a moot point IMHO. However they aren't anywhere near as good as teams like White Co., Antioch or Oakland. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Geeze where do I start.

1) Do you have some inside knowledge to get on here and say that "CPA DOES and ALWAYS HAS recruited?" I don't know the exact numbers but I know that a huge number of CPA graduates have been there since kindergarten- probably a much higher percentage than a public school systems. That said, anyone who comes to CPA comes on their own initiation, without preference. It's simply a first-come first-serve waiting list. CPA turned down Brandon Wright when he tried to come because CPA "didn't have a spot for him."

Fact: 10 out of 16 on CPA's basketball roster have been at CPA since early elementary. CPA is sure good at recruiting if they could identify basketball talent in the first grade! Out of the 5 starters - 3 since kindergarten, the other 2 since middle school.

Just because a school is private doesn't mean that they recruit. CPA is a school founded by Christ Presbyterian Church with the importance placed on #1- the character of the students, #2- their high academic reputation, and #3- a honorable athletic program.

2) you're really trying to convince me that CPA's enrollment comes from "ALL over the state?" CPA has played in 4 state championship games in any sport ever since its existence. CPA isn't even in the conversation of powerhouse athletic high schools in middle tennessee. MBA, BA, David Lipbsomb, Ensworth, Father Ryan, Goodpasture, DCA all rank above CPA in the mid-state. And I doubt that more than a 3 or 4 students come from out of their surrounding counties to play sports at any of THOSE schools.

3) "However they aren't anywhere near as good as teams like White Co., Antioch or Oakland." you can't say that unless they've played. And I wish they could.

CPA boys basketball is having their best season ever and doing it with hard work, classy players, and a classy coach. How about you give them a little credit and not try to devalue it?

Geeze where do I start.

1) Do you have some inside knowledge to get on here and say that "CPA DOES and ALWAYS HAS recruited?" I don't know the exact numbers but I know that a huge number of CPA graduates have been there since kindergarten- probably a much higher percentage than a public school systems. That said, anyone who comes to CPA comes on their own initiation, without preference. It's simply a first-come first-serve waiting list. CPA turned down Brandon Wright when he tried to come because CPA "didn't have a spot for him."

Fact: 10 out of 16 on CPA's basketball roster have been at CPA since early elementary. CPA is sure good at recruiting if they could identify basketball talent in the first grade! Out of the 5 starters - 3 since kindergarten, the other 2 since middle school.

Just because a school is private doesn't mean that they recruit. CPA is a school founded by Christ Presbyterian Church with the importance placed on #1- the character of the students, #2- the high academic reputation, and #3- a honorable athletic program.

2) you're really trying to convince me that CPA's enrollment comes from "ALL over the state?" CPA has played in 4 state championship games in any sport ever since its existence. CPA isn't even in the conversation of powerhouse athletic high schools in middle tennessee. MBA, BA, David Lipbsomb, Ensworth, Father Ryan, Goodpasture, DCA all rank above CPA in the mid-state. And I doubt that more than a 3 or 4 students come from out of their surrounding counties to play sports at any of THOSE schools.

3) "However they aren't anywhere near as good as teams like White Co., Antioch or Oakland." you can't say that unless they've played. And I wish they could.

CPA boys basketball is having their best season ever and doing it with hard work, classy players, and a classy coach. How about you give them a little credit and not try to devalue it?

Point well taken and let me just say that i wasn't and haven't tried to "devalue" the season they are having. From all that i have found out they ARE a very good team and no matter where the kids come from you don't get to be a good "team" without hard work and dedication. So hopefully i have cleared the air on that if not then please let me know your thoughts.....

One point i do want to make and its of your OWN admission, and that being and i quote "Fact: 10 out of 16 on CPA's basketball roster have been at CPA since early elementary". That means 6 of those have been added and let me just say this much, you give me 6 "players" added to ANY team and you can become VERY good overnight my friend. However let me also state a FACT if i may?? CPA has done nothing wrong and as far as i know are in COMPLETE compliance with TSSAA rules and regs so who cares how many came in or have been there throughout? The bottom line is CPA is having a great year and i wish them all the success in the world. I take nothing away from their team whatsoever. Now having said all that i will STILL pull for the county schools just because its always a "David vs. Goliath" matchup when publics have to play privates except on the girls side and i have never quite figured that one out yet. Although most, and i did say "MOST" not all of, but most of the very good girls coaches still reside in the county school systems so maybe just maybe a good coach should get some credit somewhere wouldn't you think?? Ya'll have a nice day! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I gotta say this to devil. How many girls have been through JC girls program in the last 5 years that weren't from Jackson Co.? I'd bet more than CPA's boys. Don't get mad, but I couldn't resist.

You would be wrong and you know it so lets not even go there. I am on the boys side and we haven't ever had anyone move in that i know of???? lets not throw stones if we live in a glass house scrub!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So you call getting beat by DeSales by 7 getting beat badly? I'll give you Lex Cath waxed the floor with them but if you call getting beat by 7 by Desales then i guess CPA got waxed in their three losses by 14,20 and 10?? No i haven't seen them play but i know a little about the program and the kids playing there and while they are some very good players they could not and would not beat White Co. no matter what you type in on this website. I look for White Co. to make it to the state tournament and who knows after that. They have won it twice in AAA so they have what it takes to win the state they have proven that in the past. At this point CPA has potential to be a good team but then again they should always have potential year in an year out because of the players that come to the school from outside of the area. They get the "best of the best" because of their "private school" status as WE ALL KNOW. This is why its always a great thing when county and city schools win because they only get what is allotted to them for the most part.

"CPA got waxed in their three losses..."??????

Are you serious? These losses have all been out of state games, two of them in the tournament in GA against 4 and 5A schools with 2 injured starters. Get the facts before you start in on CPA about these losses. They are still un-beaten in the state of TN and hopefully it will stay that way. Its not an un-realistic senario! They are gonna have to fight hard for every win...and they are definetly prepared to do so thanks to the great coaching staff. David Anderson will play despite the injury, but he's not 100% and that will change the dynamic of their game some. I will give this, the bench isn't where is needs to be, but as the season has gone on they have started to really step up and will continue to do so. I think you need to come see CPA play...they will show you how wrong you really are!