unicoi county blue devils

bluedevilcraze

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-2 record (5-1 vs AAA) TOUGH LOSS TO HILLTOPPERS IN EARLY SEASON AFTER LEADING BY 15. 100 POINTS VS VOLUNTEER FALCONS. HOW DOES THIS TEAM RANK WITH PREVIOUS YRS TEAMS? HOW FAR DO THEY GO THIS YR? VERY TOUGH MATCHUP WITH JOHNSON COUNTY COMING UP

Unicoi seems like a very good team this year that deserves respect across the area no matter the classification. I also think they might have the best coach in the area, Coach English seems like a guy players would love to play for and would hustle their butts off for.

This year's team is good but the best team that remember was I think 05 when Colton White was a senior and Ike was always a beast...

05 was an extremely talented team, but I always thought they underachieved. I think the 04 team (Sparks, Corn, White, Evely) who lost in the substate to AE was the best in recent memory. If Central had already moved up in classification, they would have made the state tourney without losing a post season game.

I'll say this about the current team-- points were never this easy to come by. It's been a great season so far.

05 was an extremely talented team, but I always thought they underachieved. I think the 04 team (Sparks, Corn, White, Evely) who lost in the substate to AE was the best in recent memory. If Central had already moved up in classification, they would have made the state tourney without losing a post season game.

I'll see this about the current team-- points were never this easy to come by. It's been a great season so far.

29-5 is underachieving?? got upset in tournament (which upsets happen in tournaments all the time) but kinda hard to see how a 29-5 team "underachieved". just my opinion

29-5 is underachieving?? got upset in tournament (which upsets happen in tournaments all the time) but kinda hard to see how a 29-5 team "underachieved". just my opinion

They underachieved because they had the talent to go to the state tournament and didn't. Upsets do happen, but (correct me if I'm wrong) post season play is what matters most. If the New England Patriots lose their first playoff game, all that regular season success is for nothing. No need to take my opinion personal.

They underachieved because they had the talent to go to the state tournament and didn't. Upsets do happen, but (correct me if I'm wrong) post season play is what matters most. If the New England Patriots lose their first playoff game, all that regular season success is for nothing. No need to take my opinion personal.

losing their best player that yr 3 weeks before tournament probably didn't help..if team had stayed intact and had same ending i would agree with you. pretty important fact to consider

losing their best player that yr 3 weeks before tournament probably didn't help..if team had stayed intact and had same ending i would agree with you. pretty important fact to consider

True, but since they didn't stay intact, I chose the 04 team as the best UC team in recent years. Unfortunately there's no asterisk next to the final season record. But hey, why rehash old teams when we could discuss the success of the current one. Coach English has done a tremendous job.

the last three years have been really good. 28-6, 29-5, and 29-8 over those three years. the middle team really underachieved at the end of the year, losing in the first round of the region. they also lost 3 of their last 5 games. that really was their best chance to get to the state with the way everything ended up playing out in the other region. no fulton or ae in the substate that year. a home game would have been good for the blue devils that year. the other two got beat in sub-state. unicoi has had a great 3 and a half years as far as wins and losses (98-21), up to date. have a good team this year but the conference reminds me of the 04-05 year when happy valley and central and unicoi all beat each other during the year and unicoi won the district and central won the region. a very balanced conference and 3 good teams at the top. this year's team has a good chance of advancing down the road a bit. can't wait to find out just how far. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

05 team is by far was the best.... even though happy valley beat them in districs but happy valley had a good team that year to...but 05 was the best team... this years team is a great shooting bunch...if none of them are hitting they are in for a long night cause thier defense isnt that great...big game Jan 3 At unicoi when the mighty horns come in to town... but the coach has done a great job really didnt excpect them to get off to a great start like this...

Good luck devils rest of the season see you jan 22!!!

05 team is by far was the best.... even though happy valley beat them in districs but happy valley had a good team that year to...but 05 was the best team... this years team is a great shooting bunch...if none of them are hitting they are in for a long night cause thier defense isnt that great...big game Jan 3 At unicoi when the mighty horns come in to town... but the coach has done a great job really didnt excpect them to get off to a great start like this...

definately agree about the defense! not very strong at all...last 3 teams much better defensively. they have had some n.b.a type game scores, 100-91, 88-81, and 90-74. that needs to get better before tourneys

That HV team was loaded too with Caldwell, Carroll, and Rutledge. I think the 05 Unicoi and the 05 Happy Valley teams (and probably 05 Central) would beat any of the teams in Region 1 2A this year. That was a TOUGH conference in 05...