Rhea County

realdeal34

Rhea Co. I would go watch her but I cant stand to watch Golf haha I love to play but just cant watch it. And thanks for the good luck odoyles. IM GONNA NEED IT.

Yeah it is hard to just watch sometimes. Or you could do like me go play with Coach Ruehling and watch every now and then. hahaha. But good luck I will try to find a open saturday to come up and watch.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion didn't have as many athletes as Rhea, but they ran all over Rhea. It scares me too that they couldn't stop the rushing attack. You run the 3-5 to stop the spread. If you play a smart team then they're gonna get in the I and run it all day. If a team doesn't run the spread then you need to be able to switch defenses.

The coaches are adding in some new plays that have a 4 man front, but the thing is pretty much every team we play except two (White Co. and Chatt Central) run some form of the spread in their offense. The 3-5-3 has really come a long way since it was first put in a couple of years back. In general the 3-5-3 works really well if the team that is running it has good linebacking group. Which is what the strong point of the defense is this year for Rhea. Newt being out really showed against Marion too. As for Tuesday I see some of the starters only playing the first half and then they will be pulled. The JV starters will start the 2nd half and then the rest of the players the rest of the game. The game format will be just like a real game, everything is live. Kick-off is set for 5:30. Oh and there is a JV and Freshman game Monday Aug 25th against Knox Catholic @ Home.

How did the scrimmage with Baylor go?

1vs.1 Rhea won 28-27. Baylor's 1 vs. Rhea's JV 14-14 Baylor's JV vs. Rhea's freshmen 28-14

Rhea had some big passing plays and kick-off returns was the name of the game. A.J. Brown had 261 yards by himself. A.J. had a 99 yard TD return and another 99 yard TD return only to have it called back do to a block in the back, which was pretty questionable call. So that move the ball back to the 30 and then on top of that he had 93 yards recieving for 3 total touchdowns. Moffett had about 70 yards recieving. Cam Tallent was 10-13 with 2 INT's 2 TD's and 169 yards passing. Rushing game has stalled only 40 yards rushing. Rhea had 22 plays Baylor had 25 plays for 170.The defense for Rhea was off today just seem the linebackers were out of place and lots of missed tackles. Which is the first time so far since spring that I have seen them miss so many tackles, or they would get to the running back but the back would drive another 5 or 10 yards before going down. However there was some nice sacks and tackles for lose. Mistakes also got Rhea too. Baylor got the ball 3 times with inside the Rhea 20 which lead to 3 of Baylor's TDs. Well got a few more days to practice and refine some stuff before what I hope is the first game against Cumberland Co. If not then we got another week to prepare for Hixson. Which I seen their defensive coordinator and other staff members from Hixson. I still don't understand why Baylor sent their JV to play the freshman on the practice field.

1vs.1 Rhea won 28-27. Baylor's 1 vs. Rhea's JV 14-14 Baylor's JV vs. Rhea's freshmen 28-14

Rhea had some big passing plays and kick-off returns was the name of the game. A.J. Brown had 261 yards by himself. A.J. had a 99 yard TD return and another 99 yard TD return only to have it called back do to a block in the back, which was pretty questionable call. So that move the ball back to the 30 and then on top of that he had 93 yards recieving for 3 total touchdowns. Moffett had about 70 yards recieving. Cam Tallent was 10-13 with 2 INT's 2 TD's and 169 yards passing. Rushing game has stalled only 40 yards rushing. Rhea had 22 plays Baylor had 25 plays for 170.The defense for Rhea was off today just seem the linebackers were out of place and lots of missed tackles. Which is the first time so far since spring that I have seen them miss so many tackles, or they would get to the running back but the back would drive another 5 or 10 yards before going down. However there was some nice sacks and tackles for lose. Mistakes also got Rhea too. Baylor got the ball 3 times with inside the Rhea 20 which lead to 3 of Baylor's TDs. Well got a few more days to practice and refine some stuff before what I hope is the first game against Cumberland Co. If not then we got another week to prepare for Hixson. Which I seen their defensive coordinator and other staff members from Hixson. I still don't understand why Baylor sent their JV to play the freshman on the practice field.

The team Baylor sent to the lower field was FRESHMEN. Baylor doesn't have the numbers to have separate JV and Freshman teams.

Rhea has a decent team and it was a good test for both. Don't even start talking about the ref calls though.