145 Patrick Marchetti vs Adam Shuford

152 Matt Lawrence vs Colton Popp

160 Ryne Miller vs Wesley Idellett

171 Michael Goodrum vs David Helton

189 Mix vs John Mackey

215 Donnally vs Joe Scott

285 Herman vs Tyler Watson

8-6

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If the match starts at 103, there might be plenty of good seating by 145

Heard a rumor that Frank "the Tank " Green the top notch 189 recruit from Mizzu will be back and ready to go. That would change things dramatically.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103 Johnny Maurizi vs Zack Watson

112 Anthony Simpson vs Alex Manley

119 Chaz Griffith vs Stuart Doster

125 Matt Brewer vs Mr Whitaker

130 Nick Bateman Vs Cole Hayes

135 Cody Austell vs Trey Starvum

140 Dustin Hussey vs Chance Hayes

145 Patrick Marchetti vs Adam Shuford

152 Matt Lawrence vs Colton Popp

160 Ryne Miller vs Wesley Idellett

171 Michael Goodrum vs David Helton

189 Mix vs John Mackey

215 Donnally vs Joe Scott

285 Herman vs Tyler Watson

t8-6

bcb iii

If the match starts at 103, there might be plenty of good seating by 145

Heard a rumor that Frank "the Tank " Green the top notch 189 recruit from Mizzu will be back and ready to go. That would change things dramatically.

BCB:

To steal from the title of the Jerry Springer show I'm now watching instead of football, "You Give Me A Haddock". I suspect you hear that frequently from your spouse as well.

What does 8-6 mean? All eight wins could be 6 decisions and 4 major decisions while the other 6 could be three

pins and three decisions and Ryan is going to win 27-26. Please see the excellent tutorial on the effect of pins and staying off your back in this match previously posted by In Hoc Signo Vinces in this topic, above. I realize that you probably crafted this post upon finally getting home from a night of New Year's Eve revelry with Harry T, still haunted the effects of demon rum as well as your continued suffering from the Red Haze. You are going to have to give us a bit more detail such as an individual match breakdown to establish the superiority of TBSFBG that you claim with these comments. So, please consult with Harry , man-up and show us how that 8-6 Baylor is going to empty the stands by 145 if the match were to start at 103.

FYI---the 215 for Ryan will likely be Sam Clanton not Donnelly.

What is this news about some 189 from Missouri? Has Baylor gone out and recruited a "closer" for the match-----someone to break Ryan's hold on the upper weights. I thought the trade deadline had passed. If you are right about the entry of this new name into the mix ( no pun intended), then, yes, that could change things dramatically-----right now,the match should be that close.

Is this the same allsaints who two years back chastised the EBE on this very board for the use of "semi pro youth athletes" and just earlier this year complained of the EBE allowing a parent to enter the wrestling room and coach his son during a challenge match? When did you start drinking the blue koolaid? Of the 6 boys I listed, 4 placed at the state tourney in the last 2 years, 1 should have placed at 189 last year, and 1 was displaced from the lineup last year by the midseason transfer - not the bunch of scrubs you infer. I can name kids that won the state tourney who also never won a challenge match so I don't follow your logic as to why you think anyone is envying the EBE staff. Keep sipping that koolaid as the EBE needs a voice on this board since wrestle90, bluewhirlygig and their others have disappeared.BTW - how did the EBE come out in Oveda FL?

Walkenvol-

I haven't disappeared, I just don't chime in when there's not much to say. McCallie's in a rebuilding year. I think that's clear to everyone. While I commend allsaints on his positive attitude and enthusiasm for the big blue, it's just not something that's going to happen for them as a team this year. There's a handful of individuals who will turn some heads in these individual tournaments but as a dual team, there's not much there to work with.

I think your comments or at least your attitude toward the McCallie staff is ridiculous and childish almost and yes I did actually say that. It is just funny to see someone who had the most respect I have ever seen for that coaching staff, feel so poorly about them now. The thing is it's not even a poor attitude as a bitterness toward something that is an old wound; an old wound that you yourself dreamed up. So I ask you now, why continue to throw punches towards some highly respected coaches when they're not even fighting back and better yet, never did.....?

And to answer your question- McCallie had two placers in Oviedo. Hooker took 5th while Duncan took 7th.

Bobcat.

I will bet you any kind of money, cars, or your home. If your father will let you. Cash will not touch Marchetti. Ok let me know what the bet will be.

Since we are taking bets.... I am willing to bet that Cash and Marchetti wont be the two in the finals at 145.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

"BigRedBlooded ladies and gentlemen, he'll be here at the stardust lounge all week" Now being catholic and all I don't know my bible as well as Jimmy Swaggart, but even us mackeral snappers know that St. Jude is the patron saint for LOST CAUSES. I love it. Bravo. In ref. to my greatly exaggerated demise, to borrow a little Dylan from "Joey"... "He ain't dead, he's just asleep." Well now I'm awake BCB. I tried to fade into the concrete blocks behind the top row of bleachers along with mtnrasslin, herm, and some of the other greats, but BCB wouldn't let me. (plus I still wanna attend a meeting or two).

Back to you BRB. Boy I sure am having fun reading the entries that kick McCallie when they're down (and, really, when better to kick a man I always say) Enjoyed the fresca. We'll do it again.

GO IRISH!!!!

December 31, 1600: The East India Company is incorporated by English royal charter.

December 31, 1775: American troops under General Richard Montgomery and Colonel Benedict Arnold are defeated by the British in the Battle of Quebec.

December 31, 1857: Ottawa named capital of Canada by Queen Victoria.

December 31, 1879: Thomas Edison demonstrates incandescent lighting to the public for the first time.

December 31, 1946: President Harry Truman officially proclaims the end of hostilities in World War II.

December 31, 1991: The Soviet Union is officially dissolved.

December 31, 2007: Harry Thornton returns to CoachT.

A day for the history books! Welcome back, Harry. It wasn't the same without you.

Now I'm ready to take on the World.............................................welcome back Harry.

Harry, some boys on this site have been poking a little fun at ole bcb iii while you were asleep, let's see who has the juevos now that somebody's got my back. Come on BRB, Buck, chattwrestle,herm, mvr and the rest of you girls, my main man is back in town and he hasn't forgotten how to use the color type.

Harry, funny that you mention a meeting cause come thurs the 3rd, Lafayette and Father Ryan's whoopin boy team square off at 4, then Bradley and Cleveland throwin down at 7, I think a welcome back meeting is in order. IJTX said he would be willing to under write this meeting, so what do you say, merv's 2:00 ??

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

BCB,

I do believe you just called a meeting. Let me call my mom and see if it's OK. It'a a little trickier for me to get out now that I dont have any actual dependents out on the mat. OK my mom said I could come over. 2:00 @ Merv's Thur. 1/3. Do you think you'll be able to get any of your close friends from the BSFBAG to show ? If those guys come we better call Merv's today and tell 'em to double their order. OK, Baylor @ 4:00 and then for the not-so-faint-of-heart, it's northward ho to witness "Badbloodfest '08" between Cleveland and Bradley. A certain Notre Dame coach, with faint ties to the Cleveland area, has expressed interest in joining us there. We may have to meet him at Bald Headed Bistro and then carpool. Holla

You are going to have to give us a bit more detail such as an individual match breakdown to establish the superiority of TBSFBG that you claim with these comments. So, please consult with Harry , man-up and show us how that 8-6 Baylor is going to empty the stands by 145 if the match were to start at 103.

What is this news about some 189 from Missouri?

All you had to do was ask............ Please take no offense, from these picks. Hopefully they may fire everyone that I pick to lose....

103 Johnny Maurizi vs Zack Watson.....................Watson pin 6-0

112 Anthony Simpson vs Alex Manley.................. Manley pin 12-0

119 Chaz Griffith vs Stuart Doster....................... Doster maj 16-0

125 Matt Brewer vs Mr Whitaker.......................... Mr Whitaker pin 22-0

130 Nick Bateman Vs Cole Hayes....................... Hayes pin 28-0

135 Cody Austell vs Trey Stavrum...................... Stavrum dec 31-0

140 Dustin Hussey vs Chance Hayes................... Hayes pin 37-0

145 Patrick Marchetti vs Adam Shuford............... Marchetti dec 37-3

152 Matt Lawrence vs Colton Popp..................... Popp maj 41-3

160 Ryne Miller vs Wesley Idellett...................... Idellett dec 44-3

171 Michael Goodrum vs David Helton................ Goodrum dec 44-6

189 Mix vs John Mackey.................................... Mix pin vs Mackey 44-11........ Green dec 47-6

215 Donnally vs Joe Scott................................. Clanton dec 44-14........ 47-9

285 Herman vs Tyler Watson............................. Herrman pin 44-20....... 47-15

oops 9-5 maybe even 10-4

So there you are Uncle Buck, no need even going to this one , so come on up to Clarksville and you can catch 2 championships plus girls gone wild on the mat.

All you had to do was ask............ Please take no offense, from these picks. Hopefully they may fire everyone that I pick to lose....

189 Mix vs John Mackey.................................... Mix pin vs Mackey 44-11........ Green dec 47-6

215 Donnally vs Joe Scott................................. Clanton dec 44-14........ 47-9

285 Herman vs Tyler Watson............................. Herrman pin 44-20....... 47-15

oops 9-5 maybe even 10-4

So there you are Uncle Buck, no need even going to this one , so come on up to Clarksville and you can catch 2 championships plus girls gone wild on the mat.

bcb iii

OK, Ryan fans, there you have it, straight from the Bear's Den------a 44-20 or 47-15 Baylor pasting of Ryan.

BCB----is this because you think that Baylor is really that strong or, as stated under an earlier topic, you don't think Ryan are really Irish since they dress in the king's purple.

Let's see what Walkenvol, a more objective Red Mister, thikns about this runaway.

John Mackey was an NFL hall of Fame tight end for the Baltimore Colts in the 60s/70s who died several years ago. What kind of shenanigans is Baylor trying to pull running some ringer in under that name?

I'll stare at these for awhile through the bottom of a shot glass before I show you the error of your ways.

oops 9-5 maybe even 10-4

if you seriously think that baylor is goin to be that dominant over ryan then you are going to be really dumbfounded when ryan comes out on top (considering they both make it to the finals match.) i dont think that your given ryan's lower weights enough credit. i can see about 3 to 4 matches where you picked baylor to win that ryan has a really good chance of winning to. ryan's 119-140 believe it or not IS a solid bunch! all in all the match is goin to be a heck of a lot closer than you predict, with fr comen out on top!

bcb iii

BareCat:

Under the Father Ryan/Brentwood match topic, cbq inquired as to why Brewer, Lawrence, Miller and Goodrum did not wrestle in the match, and rasslinlite, an apparent fan of the Purple Irish based on prior posts, responded " hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt".

So, what have you done to cause this rash of injuries to fall upon the wannabe Irish ? Have you promised the man upstairs that you would be more than just a C&E Catholic this year ( that's Christmas and Easter for you non-Catholics) or did you make a pact with the dark side. Strange that these injuries should coincide with HarryT's return to the board.

Injuries to the upper half of the Ryan lineup would be a big swing in favor of your second favorite team. To keep it a close match that could go either way, FR needs to be at full strength in the upper weights. Losses to injury up top might even cause your warning about that other papist school that dresses in purple slipping into the final against TBSFBG to come to fruition. Walkenvol previously bemoaned the fact that TBSFBG had some injuries that could be a factor, but it looks like he might have been doing a little sandbagging with the way those kids wrestled down in Georgia at the Kyle Maynard Duals. Looks like we might have to wait to see who Ryan trots out on the mat against most-hated rival MBA the Friday before duals to see if I should join you in Clarksville-----------did you say something about girls gone wild being there?

In Vegas, this is called hedging your bet.

That said, let me respond to your weight by weight red-haze colored dream:

103 Johnny Maurizi vs Zack Watson.....................Watson pin 6-0 MAYBE.

112 Anthony Simpson vs Alex Manley.................. Manley pin 12-0 A WIN BUT NOT BY PIN.

119 Chaz Griffith vs Stuart Doster....................... Doster maj 16-0 A WIN BUT NOT BY MAJOR

125 Matt Brewer vs Mr Whitaker.......................... Mr Whitaker pin 22-0 MAJ OR MAYBE, NO PIN.

130 Nick Bateman Vs Cole Hayes....................... Hayes pin 28-0 NOT GONNA HAPPEN. BATEMAN COULD WIN THIS ONE. KEY MATCH.

135 Cody Austell vs Trey Stavrum...................... Stavrum dec 31-0 MAYBE. ANOTHER SWING MATCH.

140 Dustin Hussey vs Chance Hayes................... Hayes pin 37-0. DON"T SEE A PIN HERE.

145 Patrick Marchetti vs Adam Shuford............... Marchetti dec 37-3 MAJOR DECISION FOR MR. MARCHETTI

152 Matt Lawrence vs Colton Popp..................... Popp maj 41-3 MAYBE.

160 Ryne Miller vs Wesley Idellett...................... Idellett dec 44-3 NO WAY IF MILLER IS HEALTHY. MILLER DEC.

171 Michael Goodrum vs David Helton................ Goodrum dec 44-6 GOODRUM PIN.

189 Mix vs John Mackey.................................... Mix pin vs Mackey 44-11........ Green dec 47-6 MIX PIN. DON"T KNOW WHO GREEN IS. IF HE IS WHAT YOU SAY, THEN THIS COULD BE A KEY MATCH IN TERMS OF MIX GETTING OR NOT GETTING A PIN.

215 Clanton vs Joe Scott................................. Clanton dec 44-14........ 47-9 CLANTON MAJOR DEC.

285 Herman vs Tyler Watson............................. Herrman pin 44-20....... 47-15 HERMAN PIN.

I have it about 29-21 Father Ryan, not including 130, 135 and 140. That's where I think the match will be won or lost. If Ryan can stay away from pins there and maybe even win one it will be a close match that Ryan can win. IF your predictions ring true, then TBSFBG will win.

The BUCK stops here.

Allsaints,

First let me say that it's nice to have SOMEONE carrying the EBE torch around here every now and then, running the risk of periodically getting gang-tackled. A hat tip for you for that. That said...

JUST HAVING SOME FUN AND THANKS

1. Browsing through the records of area wrestlers in the paper each year, it doesn't look as if the starters at McCallie get a "tremendous amount of Varsity matches," much less the JV guys. And, echoing Rocky, do you know any program that has in recent years unnecessarily forfeited more matches than McCallie, passing on chances to give kids "experience and exposure?" McCallie offers their wrestlers a lot of things, but are unusual amounts of "experience and exposure" on the list?

I CALLS THEM AS I SEES THEM LOOKING MORE AT THE LAST TWO YEARS THAN ANYTHING ELSE

2. If there are McCallie wrestlers who have "a tremendous amount of varsity matches" and "get to wrestle in the State Duals" while "having never won a challenge match," what are the kids who did win their challenge matches doing in the meantime?

CHEERED ON THEIR TEAMMATES AND WAITED ON THEIR TURN.

3. Whatever the reasons for their leaving (for as long as they're gone, anyway), 5 of the 6 wrestlers Walkenvol mentions have placed in the traditional tournament, rather than being guys who just "saw some varsity time." And the sixth certainly would have this year.

MAYBE MY COUNT IS WRONG BUT I SAW MOST IN THE JV TOURNEY LAST YEAR.

4. What was wrong with the "old" work ethic?

OLD WORK ETHIC WAS INTENSE BUT THEY HAVE RACHETED UP EVEN A NOTCH MORE

5. What is an "athletic silver star," and how is one born under one? Just askin'.

THE SILVER STARS ARE THE BORN ATHELITES AND JUST GO AFTER IT. THE REST TAKE A LITTLE MORE CONVINCING TO BUST THEIR BUTTS SO THEY CAN COMPETE.

Again, glad you're around to set us all straight when necessary. See you in about a month. I hope you'll take it easy on us.

ALWAYS A HOOT

Hoosierdad,

I think you probably took allsaints a little too seriously. I read him as simply devotedly defending the EBE from WV's charges of being an "abandoned ship" despite whatever rough seas they may be experiencing at the moment. No biggie.

BINGO AND THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP.