Staffs and Assistant Coaches in Upper East Tennessee

screenandroll

Just wondering who has a really good coaching staff in upper East Tennessee. Many times these are the true hard workers of a program that go unnoticed. I am interested in finding out who some of these people are and which teams they help and do any of you think they might be a good head coach one day. I don't know many coaches below Greeneville so let's please limit this thread to teams from Greeneville eastward. Krich, Highlander, Bucdad, Cyclonefan, I know each of you follow a program really close, let me know the staff members and what your opinion is of their coaching ability. As Krich and I have discussed many times this is not an opportunity to settle personal differences between anyone just a thread to let others and myself know who are the ones doing a good job behind the sceens.

My hat's off to Anderson at Volunteer, after a devastating loss of 2 seniors on last years team we're having a great year.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Shelton and papaw, who are the assistant coaches for these teams (North Greene and Volunteer)? I know they both have done a good job as a head coach but would like to know who helps them. Buchanan has brought North Greene back to a competitive team and Anderson has had really good teams in the past. Do they have help and what do you think of them (coaching skills)?

Coach Shelton and papaw, who are the assistant coaches for these teams (North Greene and Volunteer)? I know they both have done a good job as a head coach but would like to know who helps them. Buchanan has brought North Greene back to a competitive team and Anderson has had really good teams in the past. Do they have help and what do you think of them (coaching skills)?

North Greene's assistant has been a volunteer position for the last 3-4 yrs. I don't know about the status before that. Roger Dykes is the assistant, his daughter played for North Greene (I think?). and she graduated a couple years ago. Roger helped Coach Buchanan as a volunteer assistant. He does a great job, but is mainly only there for games. So, to make a long story short, James does almost everything behind the scenes. The new boys coach at North Greene this year is helping some as well. As said earlier, hats off James, great job.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion Coach Glenn Fisher is one of the most respected coaches around. He may not have state championships too show how good of a coach he is but take my word for it. He has a way with kids he knows how to teach and coach. I learned so much from that man and it wasn't neccessarily on the court. I know of a lot of people who will be heartbroken when he retires. I personally hope he never does. I can't say enough about him.

In my opinion Coach Glenn Fisher is one of the most respected coaches around. He may not have state championships too show how good of a coach he is but take my word for it. He has a way with kids he knows how to teach and coach. I learned so much from that man and it wasn't neccessarily on the court. I know of a lot of people who will be heartbroken when he retires. I personally hope he never does. I can't say enough about him.

I agree Coach Fisher does a great job. Has he talked about retirement? Who are his assistants? I know Coach Phillips (I think that is his name) has been with him a long time. Who else helps him?

Unicoi Co. was our biggest rival when I coached at Elizabethton. Every game was a war, varsity, jv, and middle school. I credit much of Elizabethton's success the last seven seasons to Coach Fisher's program at Unicoi Co. We got tired of losing to them at all levels and started building our program to compete with them. Coach Fisher and long time assistant Coach Phipps always have their teams prepared to play. They are tough, physical, and play outstanding defense. You better bring your "A" game when you lace it up against a Glenn Fisher team.

Unicoi Co. was our biggest rival when I coached at Elizabethton. Every game was a war, varsity, jv, and middle school. I credit much of Elizabethton's success the last seven seasons to Coach Fisher's program at Unicoi Co. We got tired of losing to them at all levels and started building our program to compete with them. Coach Fisher and long time assistant Coach Phipps always have their teams prepared to play. They are tough, physical, and play outstanding defense. You better bring your "A" game when you lace it up against a Glenn Fisher team.

I know a lot of programs try to make theirs as good as Unicoi. It has set the standard for a long time. But I do believe a lot of programs have caught up. Sorry Coach Phipps (not Phillips) as I had mentioned earlier. Does anyone know who the other assistant is for Coach Fisher or who have been some of his assistants in the past?

• 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of programs try to make theirs as good as Unicoi. It has set the standard for a long time. But I do believe a lot of programs have caught up. Sorry Coach Phipps (not Phillips) as I had mentioned earlier. Does anyone know who the other assistant is for Coach Fisher or who have been some of his assistants in the past?

Keeli Parkey is their other assistant.

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Kenneth Chambers' record is very impressive, especially when considering he took his first Unaka team (ten-win regular season) to sub-state. Of course, they've been back a few times since, including the nail-biter at Oliver Springs - state runner-up - last season.

Will get back to you on the assistants.