which digital camera

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking at some cameras. Here is a link to two that I've seen. Which would be the best for sports action photos. Or what would be something around this price range that would be good?

Olympus

Canon

Nikon

Well to each his own. I started with a Minolta 7Xi 35mm camera. Ive purchased alot of lens over the years so when the digital cameras came out I didn't want to closet my lens so I bought the NEW SONY D500(came out Dec.2009) and all my lens fit. Sony took over Minolta's camera mfg.

My point is that the technology is so good today, most digital cameras which are made by the bigger companies offer great products. I use my camera with a 135/2.8 Minolta lense. You need to know were to put the settings on the camera. Usually at night I use the lense with a camera setting at ISO 1600 or less...shutterspeed at 1/250 or 1/320. Also shoot in the "RAW" format. You will not get as many picture on your card, but the camera will use all of its megapixels. And what a difference it makes.

You can see what Ive shot at.... http://tsnwebsots.shutterfly.com/ .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

but the camera will use all of its megapixels.

Megapixels and compression -- not the same.

A JPEG will use all of the megapixels of the camera sensor. Even if you tell the camera to only record 800x600 low resolution images, it still captures the scene with all of the available megapixels, and downsizes internally when processing from RAW to JPEG.

I've been shooting with Nikon for 15+ years now.

• 2 months later...