best girls of all time

hubmaster

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Boone - Tammy Larkey(UT/ETSU), Rachel Glass(ETSU), Jennifer Beckelhimer(ETSU), Nicky Jessen (Milligan)

Jefferson County - Carolyn Peck(Vandy), Mary Kinnik(sp)

Science Hill - Melissa McCray (UT)

Throw in Tammy Church at Boone. Played with Beckelheimer and they were about even. I think one led scoring one year, and the other the next. Scholarship to Walters St. basketball/softball, but didn't attend. Did outscore Peck in their last meeting, while causing Peck to foul out.

Larkey had the height, but Glass may have had the most skills of anybody I remember around here. Even at ETSU, nobody in the Southern Conference could stop her, the only thing that stopped her was her knees.

Who were the other two girls from East who went on to do well?

Becky Sells-Olinger (Milligan)

Carla Cantrell-(ETSU)

Both from Sullivan East

Throw in Tammy Church at Boone. Played with Beckelheimer and they were about even. I think one led scoring one year, and the other the next. Scholarship to Walters St. basketball/softball, but didn't attend. Did outscore Peck in their last meeting, while causing Peck to foul out.

Larkey had the height, but Glass may have had the most skills of anybody I remember around here. Even at ETSU, nobody in the Southern Conference could stop her, the only thing that stopped her was her knees.

Who were the other two girls from East who went on to do well?

Who was the post from East that went over and played in North Carolina? I think it was UNC Asheville or UNC Greensboro. I think it was 8 to 10 years back.

I think the girl you're thinking of is O'Dell. She went on to play at High Point University. Actually played in same conference as Watkins. Was 1st Team All Conference Soph., Jr. and Sr. year and earning POY Sr. year as well.

Ervin went to Western Carolina, but transfered to King College after Soph. year. Had a good 2 years at King making All Conference.

Both set/broke many records while at East. O'Dell all time leading scorer and rebounder. Ervin all time in 3's. Even broke state record for 3's while playing at state tournament.