District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TBCA convention was awesome w/ some great speakers. Coaches I am encouraging you to join b/c your players can't be nominated for various awards unless you are a member. Anyway, it looks like some warm and maybe wet weather this week which is better than the cold. Just a suggestion let's try to keep 11AA baseball on 1 strand. This one is already 3 pages so lets keep it rolling. Now lets make things interesting. ROP's preseason thoughts as of 1/27.

1. Sycamore- return several talented players and some key additions. Need arms and 2 spot to step up and they could be very solid. Lots of kids return with winning experiences which is very important. Steady and good in the 3rd base box.

2. Mont. Central- Large experienced group of upperclassmen. Working extra hard in the teepee and Veteran leadership in Dugout. Like everyone else waiting to see who #2 is. Tough schedule as always. Let us not forget that MC won 4 straight titles and went to STATE before Harpeth's 3 year RUN. This staff nows how to get it done.

3. Waverly-Again large group of returning upperclassmen. Experience behind dish is imp. Need arms to develop and step up. Winning in wavo is very tough. Look for a better ballclub from Tigers if they can get mentally tough.

4. Creek Wood- Very inexperienced on the bump. experienced in the field but unproven in box. NOT working hard enough to be champions, need to mature and lead in some areas. Could put it together and make 3rd straight trip to regions but right now not ready. Schedule is awesomely Brutal.

5. TIE-Harpeth- I know they lost the greatest group to come thru Cheatham County as a whole, but the have enough returning talent to win some games. Turbulent coaching since BF left has not helped. Very unproven on bump. Tough to win @ the ROCK. 3 time defending 11AA champion. A big bat in line-up that will trot to 1st alot via Homerun or freepass.

5. Tie -Stewart County-Could be a surprising pick but the big lefty will be tough if he is working hard, if not I will replace my pick. Coach Genz had a ton of young guys on Field and will create a enthusiastic atmosphere that has been lacking in Dover. Personally we(CW) always struggle in Dover.

7. Fairview-Enough talent to be very competitive. Need arms to step up big time. Seem to lose concentration the longer the game goes. Look for an upset or two in williamson County.

8. Cheatham County-Let's be honest, a program in disarray since the departure of MW. They have a big talented arm in Huck and are above average talent up middle esp behind dish. The carosel of coaches haven't lead to any stability and not sure if it will ahppen this year. Let us remember this SR. Class finished runner-up in MCAC tourney several years ago minus DM and TG.

Not trying to step on any toes or insult anyone, just being honest. I hope my comments do not come back and bite me in the behind. I am a district person and will pull for any team from 11AA except when we are squaring off. Good Luck to all players and teams and remeber this is a game and have FUN each day you compete.

PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP MD/CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The speed of your leaders determines the rate of the pack" Think about it.

just wanna correct you on one thing coach. we WILL put it together and play like champions. this not just comin from me but the rest of the guys also.

bout 2 weeks till official practice starts!!!! hope it warms up!!!!

well it sounds like creek wood is gonna be weak this year to some people. some say its pitchin. some say its inexperience. some say its maturity. some say its work ethic. some people arent even given us a chance. i guess its gotten so bad that even some of our own assistant coach has to get on here and let everyone know how "immature and lazy we are." well some of us players took this seriously. we dont really like people talkin bad bout us. when some of these other teams see this stuff said bout us they wont take us seriously. we hope they dont. thats what we want. cause now we are fired up. so its time to be serious.

cd ct ph mm

This surprises me about Creekwood. I would have tought that since the "big dog for 11AA" lossed its core that they would be fired up to clinch a district championship. It's unfortunate that coach parker had to post something like that about this team. Creekwood has a great chance to win this if they buy into the system. I guess we'll see how effective coachrop's coaching strategy is.

yea tyler will be playing for sycamore this year. speaking of which sycamore should be dominant. the only whole to fill is the catcher position. they have a bunch of kids that can play it but none of which are true catchers. im anxious to see how this year ends.

we have been working with a catcher named Mitch Greco who i have played travel ball with for several years and imo is a dang good catcher...