District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i kno this is kinda off subject but Central has two pitchers who have experience and both are very good pitchers. Blake Clayton proved he can pitch at a very high level last year. he didnt hit his true stride til late in the season. He also shut down a VERY good Harpeth team til the last out in the district tournement where harpeth came back and won with 2 outs. (great game last year too, it was one of the most hectic games ive ever been apart of). We also have Alec Mills who hasnt pitchd near as much as Clayton but still logged innings last year. Both will have to step up this season and lead a young and talented Central team.

Not off the subject at all. I've been trying to figure out who had the pitching this year.

I think this district is wide open this season. I don't see anybody going through unscathed like Harpeth did during the regular season last year. Still, it looks like the region will go through Lexington. They have a stud transfer from JCM to go with what was a fair to meddlin team.

I'm ready. 50 degrees is close enough. I threw about 150 batting cage pitches yesterday and Jr. broke in the new Demarini. Thank God for L screens and Icy Hot. It's baseball time dang it!

i kno this is kinda off subject but Central has two pitchers who have experience and both are very good pitchers. Blake Clayton proved he can pitch at a very high level last year. he didnt hit his true stride til late in the season. He also shut down a VERY good Harpeth team til the last out in the district tournement where harpeth came back and won with 2 outs. (great game last year too, it was one of the most hectic games ive ever been apart of). We also have Alec Mills who hasnt pitchd near as much as Clayton but still logged innings last year. Both will have to step up this season and lead a young and talented Central team.

I don't know much about him, however, Clayton was very impressive against Harpeth last year. Look for him to be at the top of the charts in 11AA pitching.

I'll start, but don't hold me to anything. I think the district is wide open this year. It'll probably come down to pitching.

Sycamore

Montgomery Central

Creekwood

Harpeth

Stewart Co.

Fairview

Cheatham

Waverly

As far as Harpeth goes, they graduated 11 last year, 6 signed scholarships. Reloading is a tall order, but they've got some talent left. Andy Brown is the best hitter in the district, Ben Howell, Joseph Mangrum and Drew Johnson have pitched at the varsity level. Tyler Carruthers is coming along. Lathan Turner will be a solid bat I think. There's 12 upperclassmen. Some young guys are going to get some playing time this year. Middle of the pack seems about right to me. I don't think anybody is loaded with pitching.

Will any of these teams be able to get out of their region with Lexington and Bolivar in the other district??? Both teams return almost their whole team...

well it sounds like creek wood is gonna be weak this year to some people. some say its pitchin. some say its inexperience. some say its maturity. some say its work ethic. some people arent even given us a chance. i guess its gotten so bad that even some of our own assistant coach has to get on here and let everyone know how "immature and lazy we are." well some of us players took this seriously. we dont really like people talkin bad bout us. when some of these other teams see this stuff said bout us they wont take us seriously. we hope they dont. thats what we want. cause now we are fired up. so its time to be serious.

cd ct ph mm

i completly agree whenever the "leaders" of your team put you down it kinda puts you in a whole but ya know what WHO REALLY CARES WHAT ANYBODY THINKS OR PREDICTS who could have honestly before the college football season started looked at the teams and pick all of that to happen its time for CW to silence all the haters YOUR JUST FUELING THE FIRE

Chill out dude. As far as I can tell, it's all Creekwood people 'fueling the fire'. Why don't ya'll have a team meeting....... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

We won't really know what everybody in the district has got this year until we throw some chalk down and play a few. Lexington has a fine baseball tradition. I have no idea what Bolivar brings to the table. It's typically been Lexington or Milan in the way and then Lipscomb at the sub-state.

the way lexington has been talkin on their threads they are already in the state championship.

i agree ksgovols, like i said only time will tell bout anyone in our district. alot of question marks???

Well you know how that goes... Thats just some players getting pumped up for the upcoming season... I think just about every team does that... I think Lexington and Bolivar both will be really tuff this year and was wondering on how some of the District 11AA teams would match up with them.