Region4 District 3 Halls, Powell, West, Karns Etc...

Rebelsports

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls will be awesome if the pitching holds up. Looking for Clarke & White to be throwing the heat with some good quality youngsters backing them up.

Halls may have the best outfield not only in East Tennessee but the whole state. Brock, Cooper & Dayton lead the team in many offensive categories last year and have great defensive skills. Infield had some costly errors last year at the worse times costing a couple of games. If the infield plays well I see a State trip in the spring. Noe looks solid at 1st. Wallace our #1 catcher may not catch this year but should be available to pinch hit.

Can't see Karns hanging with them this year. Karns has some talent but Halls 1 thru 9 can hit the ball and have outstanding speed. Oak Ridge had a great year last year but have lost some key players. Clinton could be a surprise as could Powell. Depth wise though Halls should be as good as anyone in East Tennessee. To much senior leadership to not be a contender.

I think it will be alot more competative than most people think. Halls has considerable depth, but the coaching staff must not over coach and let the talent play. Getting the right players in the correct position was the problem last year. Not until the end of the year did the infield get through a game without multiple errors. The biggest question will be if Noe can handle the duty behind the plate. Without him at first means a new face to throw to at first. This leaves several options in the infield. Bowman, White, Turner, McConkey and Clifton, all will play some in the infied. Who hit's the best will get the nod. It will be an interseting year.

West, Karns, Oak Ridge will certainly have alot to say about the outcome, and Central with the Green kid pitching will be tough. I think a very close race for Dist 3....

oneup,

We haven't even started practice yet and here you go blasting the coaching staff. If you can hit you will play. If you can play defense and hit then you will play. I promise you the nugget will put the players in the right position. Its up to them, the players, to make the plays!

You son must not be in the starting lineup or else he got benched last year and now you grew a set over the summer, fall and early winter so you say soemthing now.

Halls

West

Karns

Oak Ridge

Powell

Central

Clinton

Campbell Co.

Not enough pitching in this conference to be excellent teams. There are some good bats and decent pitchers, but the lack of superb arms will limit the post-season action of each of these teams. Impossible to name anyone in this league who can bump it up into the mid 80's, let alone dominate a game like players in the past (Lockwood, Larsen)

Franken Vol , you sound like a well informed fan, it is funny to here talk about velocities of pitchers, I would say the comment about the districts velocity is very true , but I am sure someone will argue with you, it always makes me laugh what people think is 85mph, when it is really 79mphI would line this district up , West, Karn, Halls, Oak Ridge, Powell, Central,Clinton, C C

Franken Vol , you sound like a well informed fan, it is funny to here talk about velocities of pitchers, I would say the comment about the districts velocity is very true , but I am sure someone will argue with you, it always makes me laugh what people think is 85mph, when it is really 79mph

People forget that 80mph is a good number; therefore, they don't like to say low 80's. It is because of this that people create the mid and upper 80's myth for most players. A high school pitcher who can consistently throw around 80, hit spots, and use two or three pitches can be successful. It is unlikely, however, that these boys win championships in AAA. People are talking about some phenomenal arms in the state right now. For instance, Sonny Gray at Smyrna supposedly can hit the mid to upper 90's, a velocity well out of range for 99% of all high school kids. These arms are the exceptions, not the rule.

excellent, I totally agree to everything you said, 80 can win, but it won't get you to the state tourney

People forget that 80mph is a good number; therefore, they don't like to say low 80's. It is because of this that people create the mid and upper 80's myth for most players. A high school pitcher who can consistently throw around 80, hit spots, and use two or three pitches can be successful. It is unlikely, however, that these boys win championships in AAA. People are talking about some phenomenal arms in the state right now. For instance, Sonny Gray at Smyrna supposedly can hit the mid to upper 90's, a velocity well out of range for 99% of all high school kids. These arms are the exceptions, not the rule.