Region4 District 3 Halls, Powell, West, Karns Etc...

Rebelsports

It will certainly be an interesting year, that's for sure, so no predictions for now. Karns has a lot of potential though with 4 senior pitchers and 3 of them with significant varsity experience. The team typically hits the ball well, but it will be up to the pitching staff to step up and get the job done against the stiff competition. There will have to be wins against Oak Ridge, Halls, and West. If the pitching can turn up the heat, then Karns should be able to get the hits needed for success and continue on into the post-season.

Also, remember that three of the regular varsity starting players last year were sophomores. Hopefully, they will step it up another level in their junior year.

Congratulations to Cody Pate for signing at Walter State. Hopefully, Karns will get more college signees in the near future.

Anybody got any ideas on who will be the next Karns players in line to sign for a college scholarship? If so, then leave some feedback.

GO BEAVERS!!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls

West

Karns

Oak Ridge

Powell

Central

Clinton

Campbell Co.

Not enough pitching in this conference to be excellent teams. There are some good bats and decent pitchers, but the lack of superb arms will limit the post-season action of each of these teams. Impossible to name anyone in this league who can bump it up into the mid 80's, let alone dominate a game like players in the past (Lockwood, Larsen)

At more than one showcase this summer, John Clarke from Halls was clocked at 86. So there's you're one i can think of...other than that others are lucky to touch 80 from what i know. I know Karns has a new guy, not sure how he throws but he looks athletic...Randy Jensen is his name... any Karns guys know any information on him?

What does Oak Ridge have this year?

Oak Ridge will be very young this year, having only Mason Guymon and Cody Williamson returning with more than one year of varsity baseball experience. The key to Oak Ridge's success in this upcoming season depends on the play of Steven Monger, Morgan Guymon, and Jordan Woullard. All three are sophomores. Cody Williamson and Johnathon Brent will be relied on for pitching. I look for Oak Ridge to be shaky in the beginning but mature as the season progresses. Oak Ridge looks as though they could start 3 Guymons on the field. With the youngest, Mickinnon, coming up as a freshman this year.

At more than one showcase this summer, John Clarke from Halls was clocked at 86. So there's you're one i can think of...other than that others are lucky to touch 80 from what i know. I know Karns has a new guy, not sure how he throws but he looks athletic...Randy Jensen is his name... any Karns guys know any information on him?

There is no mention of Jensen in the Karns team write-up for 2008 on www.tbca.org. I will have to find out about Jensen kid and get back to you. Our pitching shouldn't have any problems throwing over 80. However, it' takes more than that. It takes location, mixing up the pitches for strikes, and minimizing walks. Just throw a good high school hitter 85 mph fastballs and he'll blast them all day. However, mix that in with offspeed pitches with good location and that's another story as it is for most hitters.

Jensen doesn't look to be in the regular rotation and doesn't appear to be the threat. Anything can happen, but I would be surprised. I know all of the players that will pitch, but I do not recall him. He is currently working out with the team, but I would look mainly at the four seniors plus a few juniors and one sophomore to fill in.

Looks like OR will have 3 sophs and 5 seniors starting. With Mason Guymon at cather and looks like the 2 sophs Woullard and Morgan Guymon at short and 2nd OR could be solid up the middle. Pitching looks above average with Williamson and Brent anchoring the #1 and 2 spots. The question mark is the outfield positions where freshman Mckinnion Guymon could easily take a spot from one of the seniors.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 those will be a combination of the following Halls, Karns, Powell, Oak Ridge, West, Clinton, Central, and Campbell Co.

The reason i put it like this is because district 3AAA has some of the craziest things happen when it comes down to district games. You can go winless in the regular season but if you win the right games come tourney time then you've got it made!! Thats how this district always is. You will have to wait till the tourney comes around to find out who ranks where.

Your correct.

I been following this District for about 10 years and nothing is predictable. I am curious to see the Districe schedules cause the upsets usually comes early.

Like last year, who would have believed that Karns would play 2 in the District tournament and was done.

Nobody at Karns thought it would be two and out that's for sure. Nothing against the teams that knocked us out, but I thought we had more talent from top to bottom. That is the part that really hurts. Both teams have talented players, but I'm talking about as a team, I thought Karns was better. It would be different if our losses had been to some top pitchers at one of the local teams in state contention. Of course, whoever thought Lenoir City would beat Bearden and Farragut? It just goes to show that anyhting can happen in baseball.

Halls will be awesome if the pitching holds up. Looking for Clarke & White to be throwing the heat with some good quality youngsters backing them up.

Halls may have the best outfield not only in East Tennessee but the whole state. Brock, Cooper & Dayton lead the team in many offensive categories last year and have great defensive skills. Infield had some costly errors last year at the worse times costing a couple of games. If the infield plays well I see a State trip in the spring. Noe looks solid at 1st. Wallace our #1 catcher may not catch this year but should be available to pinch hit.

Can't see Karns hanging with them this year. Karns has some talent but Halls 1 thru 9 can hit the ball and have outstanding speed. Oak Ridge had a great year last year but have lost some key players. Clinton could be a surprise as could Powell. Depth wise though Halls should be as good as anyone in East Tennessee. To much senior leadership to not be a contender.