Region4 District 3 Halls, Powell, West, Karns Etc...

Rebelsports

I think Karns will hang with Halls, assuming we can stay healthy. Some planned changes in the infield will improve defense. I believe the hitting will improve, even though Karns hit well last year. Three regular varsity players last year were sophomores and they should be able to step it up another level in the hitting area. Pitching is mature, with 4 seniors in the rotation. We still need some juniors to step up, though.

Oak Ridge lost a some varsity talent and Halls has some injuries. I still look at West providing good competition, though.

My Prediction:

Karns

Halls

West

Oak Ridge

Powell

Clinton

Central

Campbell County

Hopefullu, we can come together as a team and make it out of the first District round and not go two and out.

You can see the Karns write-up at www.tbca.org in AAA section.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Karns will hang with Halls, assuming we can stay healthy. Some planned changes in the infield will improve defense. I believe the hitting will improve, even though Karns hit well last year. Three regular varsity players last year were sophomores and they should be able to step it up another level in the hitting area. Pitching is mature, with 4 seniors in the rotation. We still need some juniors to step up, though.

Oak Ridge lost a some varsity talent and Halls has some injuries. I still look at West providing good competition, though.

My Prediction:

Karns

Halls

West

Oak Ridge

Powell

Clinton

Central

Campbell County

Hopefullu, we can come together as a team and make it out of the first District round and not go two and out.

You can see the Karns write-up at www.tbca.org in AAA section.

I know its early and I see Halls/Karns in the top two...its gonna be tough...when do they play each other? early or late in the season?

I dont know about the boro but they've got my bid right now..before anything happens for the district if they can get past karns.

You two seem to forget that there are some other quality teams in this district. West returns some good players with lots of experience, and Powell, Oak Ridge, and Central all will have something to say.

You two seem to forget that there are some other quality teams in this district. West returns some good players with lots of experience, and Powell, Oak Ridge, and Central all will have something to say.

Oh i havent forgotten...I'm actually standing behind one of those teams..but im simply being a realist. I've been around this district closely for 5 years. The other teams in the district simply dont have enough firepower to beat karns or halls...maybe come time for the season to start and i actually get to start watching them then i will be able to make better predictions...but as of right now, its Halls and Karns at the top.

I have not heard from the Halls fans lately....They must be laying low waiting to pounce on the competition. Halls is definite the team to beat, but there are some pretty good teams in that District. Pitching is the key. Their will be someone that can shut down them Devils.....But who.

Oh i havent forgotten...I'm actually standing behind one of those teams..but im simply being a realist. I've been around this district closely for 5 years. The other teams in the district simply dont have enough firepower to beat karns or halls...maybe come time for the season to start and i actually get to start watching them then i will be able to make better predictions...but as of right now, its Halls and Karns at the top.

Oh, I have not forgotten either. I think West looks to be strong this year and could prove to be the "dark horse" in the race. Their line-up and pitching looks to be strong. I think the West games will be tough ones for Karns. As we know, anything can happen in baseball.

It just doesn't look like the other teams are as strong and experienced going into the season. Like I said before, there are some top level players on all the other teams mentioned. However, it is going to take experienced players with good pitching, solid defense, and hitters from top to bottom. Based on that, I see Karns and Halls at the top in this district. West can certainly be a factor as well.

Who are some of the top impact players and returning players to watch this year?

Freshmen.....

Sophs..........

Juniors........

Srs.............

Here are a few that I know of.

Juniors: Philip Duncan and Robbie Martin (Karns), Cody Willimason (OR), Andrew Green (Powell), Matt Marsh (Clinton).

Seniors: Austin Noe and John Michael Clarke (Halls), Jonathan Prior, Logan Hamontree, and Cody Pate (Karns)

I am sure there are many others, but that is a few players that I know of.