Dyersburg vs. O.C.

TroganFan3

Both teams played a good game last night, Congrats to the Trojans on the win, Even though the Boo-Birds were in full force. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who were the boo-birds and who were they after?

Both teams played a good game last night, Congrats to the Trojans on the win, Even though the Boo-Birds were in full force. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who was booing who??...

From what I could hear the Rebels and TroJans were tied at 50 with maybe 2 1/2 minutes left and OC started turning the ball over...Kinda crumbled at the end....

The final was 65-56 Dyersburg....

Was a good game. Both teams played with spirit and for the win. D'burg, Milan, and OC all pretty even in the district from my viewpoint. THe winner of any of these playing each other depends on who is on their game that night. OC missed too many free throws and turned the ball over too much late in the game. But they still gave their fans some excitement as did Dyersburg.

Everyone was booing Logan Parker whenever he would touch the ball.

That's really a shame ! I guess it was inevitable, but IMO Parker (though I don't know him personally) basically did what was in his best interest. If everyone is on him so bad, they need to ask themselves this ............ Does one player make THAT much difference in ANY program ? I believe Dyersburg would / could have won JUST as many football games without him. AND I don't know if OCCHS would have won many more WITH him ! No insult intended, but "One monkey don't stop no show" ! Choices are a part of life & we have to live with 'em as long as we live. From what I have heard / seen about Parker he is a good kid. Bitterness from OCCHS shouldn't be targeted at Logan. The decision was made by himself AND his family. In all liklihood, primarily by his family. Coach Bowling had "groomed" him for his entire career as I understand it. It is HIS future. Does anyone own the right to beat up on him for making a decision that obviously Logan, his family & Coach Bowling thought was in his best interest ? If he had stayed what did he have to gain ? He is an above average athlete (obviously since he is a two sport player with above average ability in both). We at D.C. get the "Boo Birds" hammering at the transfers from Dyersburg as well. No one should be badgered for making decisions that are in their best interest. What!?! ................... if he had stayed were they gonna give him the "key to the county", retire his jersey? (BIG DEAL) ! He is a young man that I'm certain did what he thought best. No need for "hatin' on him" for that ! If they "Booed" him that bad, were I him, I'd have to wonder whether any of them ever were my friends anyway ! Seems quite "fickle" to me ! Fair weather friends / fans says it all ! They cared about him as a "Rebel" but past that he was "meat on the hoof" ! I've been told all my life that you can count your "FRIENDS" on one hand & if you don't have any fingers left to count with ......... you're lucky ! Guess maybe Logan will / has learned that lesson at an early age ! Shame on the "Boo Birds" ! Y'all should've been glad to see him ! I wish he'd had a "career night" ! JMHO

It was more or less just parts of the student section, I think it was honestly in a playful manner. When Logan shot his first free throws everyone booed and he grinned. There isn't really a lot of bad blood against Logan from are students he attended our homecoming after the game and had a good time with his friends at OC.

Blake Davis (could be mistaken on name) got a little boo treatment. He played for Central last year until right before the first UC game when he quit and transfered to SF. I never knew he went to Dyersburg.

Either way both ex-rebels played pretty well.

That's really a shame ! I guess it was inevitable, but IMO Parker (though I don't know him personally) basically did what was in his best interest. If everyone is on him so bad, they need to ask themselves this ............ Does one player make THAT much difference in ANY program ? I believe Dyersburg would / could have won JUST as many football games without him. AND I don't know if OCCHS would have won many more WITH him ! No insult intended, but "One monkey don't stop no show" ! Choices are a part of life & we have to live with 'em as long as we live. From what I have heard / seen about Parker he is a good kid. Bitterness from OCCHS shouldn't be targeted at Logan. The decision was made by himself AND his family. In all liklihood, primarily by his family. Coach Bowling had "groomed" him for his entire career as I understand it. It is HIS future. Does anyone own the right to beat up on him for making a decision that obviously Logan, his family & Coach Bowling thought was in his best interest ? If he had stayed what did he have to gain ? He is an above average athlete (obviously since he is a two sport player with above average ability in both). We at D.C. get the "Boo Birds" hammering at the transfers from Dyersburg as well. No one should be badgered for making decisions that are in their best interest. What!?! ................... if he had stayed were they gonna give him the "key to the county", retire his jersey? (BIG DEAL) ! He is a young man that I'm certain did what he thought best. No need for "hatin' on him" for that ! If they "Booed" him that bad, were I him, I'd have to wonder whether any of them ever were my friends anyway ! Seems quite "fickle" to me ! Fair weather friends / fans says it all ! They cared about him as a "Rebel" but past that he was "meat on the hoof" ! I've been told all my life that you can count your "FRIENDS" on one hand & if you don't have any fingers left to count with ......... you're lucky ! Guess maybe Logan will / has learned that lesson at an early age ! Shame on the "Boo Birds" ! Y'all should've been glad to see him ! I wish he'd had a "career night" ! JMHO

That's a nice warm and fuzzy feel good post but in reality the boo birds from the student section, for the most part,were just trying to get into Logan's head(Alot of them were probably hanging out together later that night)....But now to the players on the Rebel team, both football and basketball,there may have been a little animosity...Logan had gone thru all the workouts and all the blood,sweat and tears with those guys and to them when Logan left it felt like he was saying they were not good enough(Especially leaving to go to Dyersburg)....I know some of the seniors from the 06 football team didn't like it much(Bowling's last Rebel team)....Logan is a well liked kid at OC though..His sister still goes to OC...He has many ties to OC,still....As for Blake Davis,personally I feel the situation behind the reason he quit was a little silly(If what was told happened,really happened)...Not on Blake's part but on the Rebel coaching staff....That situation could have been handled better....Blake and Logan are good people and their parents are good people.....I wish all the luck in the world to them....