best pitchers in tennessee

baseballmaniac

Well like I said you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Good luck to both pitchers this year and the rest of their careers and lives. I guess only time will tell who is better. I have seen both pitch and they are both great pitchers and suggest if anyone has not seen either one they should this year.

Dang Trey, sounds like you have mellowed since December 17!!!

Thanks for the compliment about Mo. Clinard is an excellent pitcher, but then again so is Mo. There are so many factors to figure in, but on any given day one could out pitch the other. alot of it is who is standing behind the plate and at the plate.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliment about Mo. Clinard is an excellent pitcher, but then again so is Mo. There are so many factors to figure in, but on any given day one could out pitch the other. alot of it is who is standing behind the plate and at the plate.

If Trey Is At The Plate, Mo Would Be Nolan Ryan. How Was The Wedding And Honeymoon Redneck?

One that needs to be mentioned is Micheal White out of Anderson County.. Didn't pitch much last year but beat Berden in the Sports Belle and Loudon in the District Champ. He is a little over 6 6' and this summer at a show case I saw him throw a pen and his fast ball stayed 92-93mph with a good slyder.. But I think he still has to prove he can be a lock down pitcher.

One that needs to be mentioned is Micheal White out of Anderson County.. Didn't pitch much last year but beat Berden in the Sports Belle and Loudon in the District Champ. He is a little over 6 6' and this summer at a show case I saw him throw a pen and his fast ball stayed 92-93mph with a good slyder.. But I think he still has to prove he can be a lock down pitcher.

That's probablty slightly exaggerated plus he just broke his right wrist in basketball last week. He's been inconsistent as a pitcher. Really good at times and really bad at others.......

I agree. I have not seen you guys or been on here in a while. Hope you guys and your families are doing great. Jamaica was a blast and I did not want to come back. The wedding went great and Lindsay is finishing her student teaching this semester. I will be glad to be finished with my teaching degree so I can start coaching at the head coach level. Maybe you guys will be able to come watch my high tempo high scoring offense in football for years to come. Look foward to seeing Cascade play some great baseball this spring.

clinard is way better than stewart hands down

I have never seen Clinard nor Stewart pitch before, but to go by word of mouth I'd say Clinard is just a tad better. After all, he did get a scholarship to Vandy, and Stewart got offered a roster position (not a scholarship) at belmont.

I have never seen Clinard nor Stewart pitch before, but to go by word of mouth I'd say Clinard is just a tad better. After all, he did get a scholarship to Vandy, and Stewart got offered a roster position (not a scholarship) at belmont.

TN has a number of quality players in the state this year. As far as pitchers go Gray is considered the best today. However he does not project as well as some others. He will be in school at Vandy next year unless he is willing to settle for a 3rd - 5th round slot. His body will be an issue when comes to decision time for MLB. If he can continue to improve and prove his durability over the next 3 years he will potential be a 1st round pick. Working with,probably, the best pitching coach (Derek Johnson / Vandy) in all of baseball should add several zeros and a comma to his value.

Good luck to all these guys who have been mentioned. They all are fine talents and several of them will get a chance in professional ball, sooner or later.

That's a big statement that I will have to see. There are alot of factors in pitching besides throwing. Time will tell. I wish him good luck in the future.

Got to agree with the "lot of other factors" portion of the post ! As in somewhere around 17 other factors at least ! Those being the play of 8 team mates & 9 opposing players ! Lot's of pitchers have the potential to be "Lights Out", BUT there is a lot more to the game as we all know ! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I doubt if anyone will forfeit because of any pitcher they might face ! Case in point Dyer County vs Goodpasture in the State Tournament last Spring ! D.C. up 1 - 0 ..... 2 out in the 7th ............. routine infield fly hits the ground ! Game goes to 10 innings Goodpasture advances & eventually wins the "Gold Ball" ! One pitcher for 9 & 1/3 innings. Variables .............. & TOTALLY agree on the "lots of other factors besides just throwing" ! JMHO !

I agree. I have not seen you guys or been on here in a while. Hope you guys and your families are doing great. Jamaica was a blast and I did not want to come back. The wedding went great and Lindsay is finishing her student teaching this semester. I will be glad to be finished with my teaching degree so I can start coaching at the head coach level. Maybe you guys will be able to come watch my high tempo high scoring offense in football for years to come. Look foward to seeing Cascade play some great baseball this spring.

Hey Dude Congratulations! And Here's Wishing You The Best. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Let me brag on District 8AA...

Adam Adkins of Goodpasture is pretty crafty. He signed a scholarship with UT this fall. Lefty with great control and a decent curve, but he always keeps you guessing which makes him very tough to hit, although he only throws mid-80s.

Stem (Western Kentucky signee) from DCA is one of the best I've seen, but not many have heard of him... a tall righty who throws consistently in the low 90s (topping out at about 93) with two nasty breaking balls. He can keep you guessing as well, but IMO he doesn't have to to beat you. He has struggled with control though.

I can't wait to see this matchup...

Look for pro scouts when these two face each other!

I have seen Adkins several times ahd he is more of a low 80s guy.I think he would have pitched alot earlier at a smaller school.Stem I saw this fall and did not see anything in the 90s and his control was all over the place.He will be a work in progress at Western.I dont believe any pro scouts will be looking at either of these right now . Maybe in a couple of years.Good luck to both.