best pitchers in tennessee

baseballmaniac

Mo Mo Stewart from Cascade certainly should be put in this conversation. Not sure exactly what he has been clocked at but he can bring it. He went head to head with Will Clinard in the regionals last year and was the better pitcher that day. He had a great season last year went undefeated in the district and helped lead Cascade to their first state tournament appearance. Expect big things again from him this year as I would assume he will be playing for a big D1 school next year. If you have not had the opprotunity to see Mo Mo pitch I would highly suggest it. I think Clinard is a great pitcher but IMHO Mo Mo is better.

clinard is way better than stewart hands down

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me brag on District 8AA...

Adam Adkins of Goodpasture is pretty crafty. He signed a scholarship with UT this fall. Lefty with great control and a decent curve, but he always keeps you guessing which makes him very tough to hit, although he only throws mid-80s.

Stem (Western Kentucky signee) from DCA is one of the best I've seen, but not many have heard of him... a tall righty who throws consistently in the low 90s (topping out at about 93) with two nasty breaking balls. He can keep you guessing as well, but IMO he doesn't have to to beat you. He has struggled with control though.

I can't wait to see this matchup...

Look for pro scouts when these two face each other!

clinard is way better than stewart hands down

Well you are entitled to your opinion but the fact is they faced each other in the regionals which was each teams biggest game to that point and Mo Mo out pitched Clinard from start to finish. There were alot of scouts there as well. We will see who has the better season this year. Good luck to both Pitchers and teams this season.

I` m sure I don`t get to see all the pitchers around tennessee,,, but of the one I have seen .

Matt Ramsey has serious heat and can help out offensively with his bat .

Clayton Gant is a master on the mound , fast balls round 90 and unreal ball placement.

Ryan McPherson is FAST ! pitches upper 80`s ,and a wicked change up. footspeed on the bags is incredible

Sonny Gray can throw smoke , decent curve and lots of stick at the plate .

The pitcher from Bolivar`s name was Irvin , he also had a gun, good change up, put rely`s on the fastball

Derek Sims has great pitch selection , and ball placement , he can put a little something on his fastballs

Preston Overbey has great offspeed pitches , aggressive from the stretch , and has a great swing at the plate

HEITH HATFIELD AND JON DAVIS FROM BARTLETT AND SR'S ARE VERY GOOD PITCHERS.HATFIELD, TALL WITH A GOOD FAST BALL..DAVIS, SMALL (LEFTY) THAT KEEPS HITTERS OFF BALANCE. BOTH CARRIED BARTLETT TO THE STATE LAST YEAR.

All CAPS doesnt get your post read more than any other persons post, actually it makes me wanna skip it. IMHO

Sonny Gray definitely the best in TN if not the best high school pitcher in America. Topped out at 97 his junior year and can back it up with the stick to. He hit .490 last year with ten home runs in probably the toughest district in TN 9aaa

Like I posted an topic a while back. Gray is the 14th ranked player of high school and college that could go pro in this years draft.

Rank Name Pos. Current School-----College commited to, if in H.S.

1. Justin Smoak 1B South Carolina -----

2. Tim Beckham SS Griffin HS (Ga.) ----

3. Tim Melville RHP Holt HS, Wentzville, Mo. ----

4. Pedro Alvarez 3B Vanderbilt ----

5. Brian Matusz LHP San Diego -----

6. Gerrit Cole RHP Lutheran HS, Santa Ana, Calif.----- UCLA

7. Brett Wallace 1B Arizona State ------

8. Jarret Martin LHP Centennial HS, Bakersfield, Calif. -----UC Irvine

9. Harold Martinez SS Braddock HS, Miami------- Miami

10. Yonder Alonso 1B Miami --------

11. Aaron Crow RHP Missouri -----------

12. Eric Hosmer 1B American Heritage HS, Miami ------ Arizona State

13. Christian Friedrich LHP Eastern Kentucky ------

14. Sonny Gray RHP Smyrna HS (Tenn.) ------ Vanderbilt

15. Niko Vasquez SS Durango HS (Las Vegas)

Like I posted an topic a while back. Gray is the 14th ranked player of high school and college that could go pro in this years draft.

Rank Name Pos. Current School-----College commited to, if in H.S.

1. Justin Smoak 1B South Carolina -----

2. Tim Beckham SS Griffin HS (Ga.) ----

3. Tim Melville RHP Holt HS, Wentzville, Mo. ----

4. Pedro Alvarez 3B Vanderbilt ----

5. Brian Matusz LHP San Diego -----

6. Gerrit Cole RHP Lutheran HS, Santa Ana, Calif.----- UCLA

7. Brett Wallace 1B Arizona State ------

8. Jarret Martin LHP Centennial HS, Bakersfield, Calif. -----UC Irvine

9. Harold Martinez SS Braddock HS, Miami------- Miami

10. Yonder Alonso 1B Miami --------

11. Aaron Crow RHP Missouri -----------

12. Eric Hosmer 1B American Heritage HS, Miami ------ Arizona State

13. Christian Friedrich LHP Eastern Kentucky ------

14. Sonny Gray RHP Smyrna HS (Tenn.) ------ Vanderbilt

15. Niko Vasquez SS Durango HS (Las Vegas)

This should answer everyones question than. This is not only saying he is the best in the state but also one of the best in America thats a great honor

Well you are entitled to your opinion but the fact is they faced each other in the regionals which was each teams biggest game to that point and Mo Mo out pitched Clinard from start to finish. There were alot of scouts there as well. We will see who has the better season this year. Good luck to both Pitchers and teams this season.

so what East Robertson was not exactly the best team. and please ask any scout who they think is the better pitcher

so what East Robertson was not exactly the best team. and please ask any scout who they think is the better pitcher

Well like I said you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Good luck to both pitchers this year and the rest of their careers and lives. I guess only time will tell who is better. I have seen both pitch and they are both great pitchers and suggest if anyone has not seen either one they should this year.

In the Northeast part of the state -

Lucas Anderson, Science Hill Sr. RHP, Austin Peay signee could be very good.

Ben McKinney, Science Hill Jr. RHP

Matt Shepherd, Sullivan East Sr. RHP, Tennessee Tech signee

Jon Krebbs, Tennessee High Jr. RHP

All of these kids have hit 90- all with pitch consistently in the upper 80's - All four are getting better at pitching not just throwing- New Coach Edwards at Science Hill should be smiling.

P.S. - I have seen Sonny, Will, Ramesy, and Stem and all are great players and seem like great kids. One other kid to watch that has been more of a postion player than a pitcher id ETSU signee Bo Reeder from Cookeville. Bo could be good off the mound this year as well.