Casey Prather drops 50

livestrong18

Good point. I just diifer a little ( i think Reginald had that killer instinct and could score on anybody although you are right about Richard being a more fundemental player) . Whatever happened to Dell Coleman. I think he was the glue that kept those NS teams togethere. I will never forget watching Reginald burn Mempis Farley in the substate. One of the best games I have ever seen.

yea and watching ns get schooled and dunked on left and right by memphis ridgeway...fields and big pierre niles...anyway how do prather compare to Marcus Hicks from a few years back for northside...thats 6'6 27 12 and 6 dunks a game

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea and watching ns get schooled and dunked on left and right by memphis ridgeway...fields and big pierre niles...anyway how do prather compare to Marcus Hicks from a few years back for northside...thats 6'6 27 12 and 6 dunks a game

[/quotI guess Ridgeway was better. I do know that NS made the State Championship game two years in a row ( got beat both times) but a great acomplishment for a team out of little ole Jackson. They had no bench , basically just there 5 starters. Prather will end up being much much better than Hicks and the High High Major offers will prove this out, not to take anything away from Hicks though. Hicks had was a very good JUCO and Ole Miss player. I might be wrong but I think Hicks led ole Miss in scoring his Senior year.

Ridgeway and White Station were both nationally ranked when they beat NS.

I think the athleticism is the separating aspect for Prather. I had an SEC coach tell me (last summer) that Casey was already one of the top 20 athletes in the nation in any class. Went on to say his athleticism is NBA level already.

Now, does he have that potential, absolutely. And does he have some things he needs to sharpen up, sure. He also has an unbelievable motor and competitive streak which all the great ones have. As long as he keeps working like he is, the sky is the limit. He is also a good student in honor's classes.

Bottom line, lot of good players out West TN, huh.

Prather is an outstanding talent, and I look forward to watching him this summer... That being said, I agree w some of the posts that it's tough to put him up or ahead of those other four just yet. Willie, Wayne, Rich, and Reg all were not just great players who put up numbers, but also won a ton of games at both the HS and AAU levels against great comp. While none of the 4 are quite the run/jump athlete Prather is, all four were more skilled at the same stage in their development. Time will tell, but as NashCelts said...there sure is some great talent in West TN (ex- Varnado leading Nation in blocked shots, and how bout Nicchaeus Doaks' 26 points and 11 boards last night against a top Davidson team!)!!!

Dell Coleman is redshirting this year at Jacksonville State (OVC) after 2 outstanding years at Itawamba (MS) CC where he was a honerable mention Juco All American and his team Nationally ranked!! Congrats to Dell, who is one of the hardest working and toughest kids I've ever been around!

Prather is an outstanding talent, and I look forward to watching him this summer... That being said, I agree w some of the posts that it's tough to put him up or ahead of those other four just yet. Willie, Wayne, Rich, and Reg all were not just great players who put up numbers, but also won a ton of games at both the HS and AAU levels against great comp. While none of the 4 are quite the run/jump athlete Prather is, all four were more skilled at the same stage in their development. Time will tell, but as NashCelts said...there sure is some great talent in West TN (ex- Varnado leading Nation in blocked shots, and how bout Nicchaeus Doaks' 26 points and 11 boards last night against a top Davidson team!)!!!

Dell Coleman is redshirting this year at Jacksonville State (OVC) after 2 outstanding years at Itawamba (MS) CC where he was a honerable mention Juco All American and his team Nationally ranked!! Congrats to Dell, who is one of the hardest working and toughest kids I've ever been around!

My good friend GoMab surfaces from East MS! I think you would be suprised with his progression. His ballhandling, shooting off the dribble and three point shooting is dramatically improved from July. Last summer he was primarily an athlete, but after some hard work in the fall, he has totally transformed his game. His free throw shooting is superb as well. he knocked down 12/13 in that last game. Defensively, athletically and from a competitive standpoint, he is top notch. Its apples and oranges really at this point when comparing kids from days past. In terms of potential (which is a scary word), he is second to none anywhere and I think that is why some of these comments are being made. He is averaging something like 23pts and 15rebs per game this year from the wing, which is absurd.

Talent rich area for sure down there.

Lol!!! Yeah, this is the first time I have been on these boards in FOREVER! Got the day off due to the super bowl, so I thought I would see how things in TN high school ball were going! And yeah, I'm sure Prather has improved a ton- can't wait to see him play for u guys this summer!!

Sorry for the spelling and grammer errors. I forgot to mention, Prather is a far superior athlete to the other four. That's where the seperation comes into play. He is a better athlete as a sophmore ( and has the height to boot) than any of the other four were as seniors (with maybe Reginald as the exception). Onlt the truly great atheletes ( 90% of them) end up at what I like to call the High High Majors unless your a really good athelet and have a specialty like defense or three point shooting. You have your High Majors and then you have your High High Majors. I think Casey Prather fits into the latter category.

Prather is a very good player but I think willie kemp was better he carried his team to win two titles and went to state three years in a row. willie did have more help but he could guard the best player on a team them go down an score when ever he wanted to. An he is only playing on the Number 1 team in the nation.