The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

that's not very nice.

my input has been minimal as of late but to try to catch up:

i heard from a reliable source that musick is out atleast until march, and may decide to go ahead and train for november from that point onward, almost irrelevant, as it's one less fish in a bucket with all fish and no water, the ratio doesn't change. the 3200 is going to be disgusting this year. johnson, mahaney, snyder, davis, wathen, mcmeen, winn, the other MLK distance guys (don't forget who finished second in xc), john-adam "superbleeder" mccasslin, just to name the likely candidates. pickerel seems like a middle distance runner, though he did well in xc, so he's a possible contender.

in the 800: winn looks like a legitimate ankle biter for johnson, and if that TT was legit, i'd say he stands a fair shot at beating DL's distance behemoth. (a reference to physical size more than level of intimidation)

4x800: winn adds quite the leg for MLK, FRA will always be strong, DL will be good too.

1600: johnson has the edge on mahaney in speed, but can he beat MLK's new flag carrier? don't forget pickerel, mccasslin, davis, wathen, musick (maybe), mcmeen, not to mention the four probably undeserving runners who will make it to state despite being slower than atleast a dozen guys in the middle section...

and has everyone forgotten USJC? i think they have a couple of decent distance runners...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a side note: no one cares about throwing.

lets not alienate our ball-throwing friends. despite their lack of representation on the boards, they will be as important as any group when it comes to separating the men from the boys at section which, as far i can tell, is going to be as tight as it was last year. a DL, MLK, FRA top three again? perhaps? which reminds me-

what is ryan johnsons status? The talk of late is that he is very much on the prowl. I take it he has made a full recovery since the woeful yet truly leonidas-esque happening of last November?

and whats going on with nick winn's new following? record shows decent performance during the 07 cross country season and track times of little merit. is this 600 TT the only other evidence of above-average skill hes shown of late? no disrespect meant towards him but i dont exactly see what validates putting him on the same level as mahaney who has gone seemingly unchallenged since his championship in last years 3200.

seriously teece if you want.. start a thread for the throwers because none of us really care sorry but true / even though when it comes to points yall are just as important

FRA 4x800 is gonna be smokin if "superbleeder" mccasslin quits screwing around with baseball

Jack Kaiser is my darkhorse hes gonna sneak up on everyone i dont think hes stopped running since XC

Nolan is still nursing a foot problem but he'll be back soon

Pickerel is still playing basketball who knows how far that will go

Nick Rodewald, freshman, an impressive preseason mile time

did Winn even run the 800 last year?

seriously teece if you want.. start a thread for the throwers because none of us really care sorry but true / even though when it comes to points yall are just as important

FRA 4x800 is gonna be smokin if "superbleeder" mccasslin quits screwing around with baseball

Jack Kaiser is my darkhorse hes gonna sneak up on everyone i dont think hes stopped running since XC

Nolan is still nursing a foot problem but he'll be back soon

Pickerel is still playing basketball who knows how far that will go

Nick Rodewald, freshman, an impressive preseason mile time

did Winn even run the 800 last year?

Kaiser is awfully fast. Look for him to mostly be an 800 runner though. He has raw speed and is an excellent 800 runner. If McCasslin does track full time he could be a very good 1600 runner. Pickeral will do well regardless. He is a great 800 runner, and, like Kaiser, is very fast. The 4 X 800 will be a strong group coming up this year. FRA, DL, MLK, and Station Camp all look to have very good 4X8s this year. Distance (especially the 16) is stacked. With Johnson, Mahaney, Winn, Wathan, potentially Musik and same with Kaiser. It will be interesting to see who FRA choses to be their miler. If mccasslin is more serious with track than baseball, he will be it. But, with the 4X8 and mile so close together, likely Davis, Pickerel, Kaiser are out. Who knows who the 4th guy will be.

Rumor has it they started a track program?

According to the TSSAA website, USJC has entered a Track schedule. This should shake up the east considerably in terms of distance. I thought Coniglio could easily cruise back to state this year, but it looks like he will have some stiff competition. However, the best I remember a lot USJC's CC runners play soccer, so that may change things a little.

Best of luck to all this season. Even the middle section. I hope your heads don't explode from ego-tripping on this board.