The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will Johnson run away with the triple crown? 3200-1600-800... i think he could win them all individually but running all those in the same day presents quite a challenge.. also word on the street is that Mahanney is doing all three too

anyone care to comment or correct me

will Johnson run away with the triple crown? 3200-1600-800... i think he could win them all individually but running all those in the same day presents quite a challenge.. also word on the street is that Mahanney is doing all three too

Don't know if he will do all 3, but Russell Rodewald did it his senior year. He won the 1600, 3rd in the 3200, 4th in 800. It can be done, mostly becuase the 3200 is in the morning, so plenty of time to recover before the grueling 1600 and 800 stretch to end the day. I don't know that he could win all three, I think he will get plenty of challenges in the 800, and I have a hard time seeing him winning more than 1, maybe two. I doubt he wins all three.

I love Ryan, he knows that, but winning all three -- on three different days, even -- is a ridiculous challenge. Why don't we not talk about stuff like that? All it's going to do is get people riled up. I think everybody is riled up enough after cross country season -- we don't need more ###### ammunition for people to think of while they're training. All I'm going to say is there is a lot of depth in A/AA distance this year and talking about anybody going for any sort of "triple crown" is crazy.

Word on the street is that you s u c k, by the way. Not as a person, but for bringing this up.

Sounds like we need a change of subject, maybe even move away from distance a little bit. What teams will challenge for the 4x4 this year? We can even call the Mile Relay so the distance guys don't freak out too much.

i believe i speak for the majority when i say, "sure, let's change the subject. but we don't care THAT much about the 4x400, though thank you for not trying to entice us with crappy statistics about the open 100."