The Official A/AA Thread

teece31

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ill say it again it seemed FISHY. read it again. sound it out if you have to.

you were running with nobody

1. yeah!

2 yeah!

Dude how are you talking? You got 3rd by a whole freakin lot and you almost got 4th. The team thats nasty is Station Camp. Just give them their credit don't try and belittle how nasty they got just because you're mad you got killed. Most of the time you PR at State. It's kind of the goal unless you're Sean Keveren and have bigger meets. And please explain how that would be fishy im still missin somethin there. Congrats again Staion Camp for owning this dude who obviously got "stopped" because he didnt even win.

So The Tennessean's undying love for DL was shown again in Climer's opinion piece on Rogers. No one else was bringing up race into the discussion but here comes the idiot Climer doing it, and we wonder why racism is still alive in our country.

I agree with you on the whole race thing being unnecessary but I think he was just saying people make a big deal out of it and he's saying Zach doesn't. If you listen to the people in the stands while he's running you'd undestand what he's saying. But i have to say the Tennessean does not have an undying love for DL, just Zach. DL get's no coverage at all and if they do it's if they lose, not when they win. They won the whole meet by a long shot, and they woulda won it without Zach, yet they got a 2 sentenece article in the paper the other day so that doesn't make sense

what about cak finishing 3rd in that 4 by 8 anybody have them beating any team from the middle section? NOPE! 2 sophomores and 2 freshman. I'd watch out for us next year and then the next. Just chucking that out there. oh a 7 second pr is kind of fishy seeing as how you were running with nobody.

I hope you were that last leg that completely blew that lead to FRA...because that was hilarious.

what about cak finishing 3rd in that 4 by 8 anybody have them beating any team from the middle section? NOPE! 2 sophomores and 2 freshman. I'd watch out for us next year and then the next. Just chucking that out there. oh a 7 second pr is kind of fishy seeing as how you were running with nobody.

waaaiiiittttt a minute...

is this jordan again?

this sounds an awful lot like that jet jordan dude

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

lol FISHY? all we did is each run on our individual pr two of us breaking it by half a second and one breaking it by a second and then i didnt even hit my pr i was a second off. lol but ok its state bro, everybody runs their best times at state, or that is the goal. at region one of our runners ran 3 seconds of his pr another went 2 seconds of his pr, another 1.4 seconds off, and the other pr'ed but then beat that pr by 2 secods at state, its state anything can happen but calling someones time fishy is absolutely ridiculouse

what does that even mean? punctuation much? i mean, seriously, this is track and field, not basketball. most of us have achieved some sort of higher level education through having some sort of academic merit and discipline. if you were a point guard in the NBA, i'd expect that you weren't too hot with the grammar, but use a period, for christ's sake.

Just give Station camp the credit they deserve! They are the ones that won the title and however they did it doesn't matter. you got third (whoever you are). Go cry and then try to get better for next year!

Will mahaney be beaten at a distance over a mile by any a/aa runner again? Is it possible that he wins out for his high school career? Does anyone have the guts to actually challenge him (other than RJ) in cross or track from now on? I'd like to see him actually race this fall!

this sounds an awful lot like that jet jordan dude

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I lol'd hard. But no, Jet Jordan was actually from Station Camp.

Will mahaney be beaten at a distance over a mile by any a/aa runner again? Is it possible that he wins out for his high school career? Does anyone have the guts to actually challenge him (other than RJ) in cross or track from now on? I'd like to see him actually race this fall!

Maybe.

Possibly.

Lots of people have guts.

I agree with you on the whole race thing being unnecessary but I think he was just saying people make a big deal out of it and he's saying Zach doesn't. If you listen to the people in the stands while he's running you'd undestand what he's saying. But i have to say the Tennessean does not have an undying love for DL, just Zach. DL get's no coverage at all and if they do it's if they lose, not when they win. They won the whole meet by a long shot, and they woulda won it without Zach, yet they got a 2 sentenece article in the paper the other day so that doesn't make sense

First off DL did not win by a long shot... I'm pretty sure everyone expected them to win it going in. And we'll just agree to disagree on the paper's love of all things DL

First off DL did not win by a long shot... I'm pretty sure everyone expected them to win it going in. And we'll just agree to disagree on the paper's love of all things DL

i think he was attempting to say that we won by a ton. The paper may love DL in other sports, however, i do have to agree that the xc and track field side of things does not get a lot of coverage, but when does xc and track ever get coverage?. And i'll be honest, if we did not have one of the best football players in the state who can go to pretty much any school he wants to running for our team, we probably would not have gotten hardly in coverage in track...................... As for whether anyone will beat mahaney, as long as people attempt to run a lousy pace and kick, no mahaney will not get beat. The only way anyone can win that kind of race against him is if they a) have the lead with at least 300 to go and have a great kick or B) turn on the kick when mahaney is not expecting it and gap him late in the race. No one who is behind mahaney with 300 left will beat him. I think the best way to beat mahaney would be to force the pace early, and take away his kick, but mahaney is clearly the strongest runner in a/aa and i don't think anyone could push mahaney enough to take away his typical sub 64 last lap....... i am now done with high school sports, good luck to everyone next year, i'll be keeping an eye on everyone, but as far as coacht postings are concerned, I am finished

This goes without saying..race has nothing to do with speed. some folks are just naturally fast. DL just happened to have the fastest, most endurance fed, and strongest athletes at the meet. The Tennessean typically holds a haters viewpoint on DL, thats all I have to say about that. I agree Zach was not a factor in the overall picture. He just added to the pounding DL put on the rest of the state. A 45 point victory isn't a one man show.